CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Up here we are already being softened up for more draconian measures. Personally I think they should have properly enforced the measures already in place first. Those ignoring them are generally getting away with it.

I don’t object to doing my bit to keep everyone safe but get really annoyed at having my liberties taken away because others have been stupid and selfish. They know what they are doing is both morally wrong and illegal but do it anyway.

I predict a miserable Christmas. Turkey stockpiling has already commenced (no, not a joke, there has been a run on frozen turkey 🦃)

My next door neighbour understands that closing all pubs is high on the list of counter measures being considered.

8 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Up here we are already being softened up for more draconian measures. Personally I think they should have properly enforced the measures already in place first. Those ignoring them are generally getting away with it.

I don’t object to doing my bit to keep everyone safe but get really annoyed at having my liberties taken away because others have been stupid and selfish. They know what they are doing is both morally wrong and illegal but do it anyway.

I predict a miserable Christmas. Turkey stockpiling has already commenced (no, not a joke, there has been a run on frozen turkey 🦃)

Agreed and we will keep doing what we know to be right ,it keeps us safe and others safe as well.

As for the turkeys let them get on with it. Personally they can shove them where the stuffing don't shine

because anyone hoping for a big family get together this Christmas is in for a shock the way things are 

shaping up .

If we are lucky and fortunate enough to get a turkey nearer the time then great but if we are alive

and well, I don't care if I eat beans on toast at christmas . Lets spare a thought for those who have lost loved

ones and the medical staff fighting to keep us all safe & well. 

We are all in this together ,I hope we do not return to supermarket shelves stripped bare again.

Lets remember the nurse who sat in a car crying her eyes out saying she was hungry but the shops were 

empty of food .

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Absolutely agree, oh hang on though who in their right mind wants to be interviewed by Piers Morgan?

Captain Tom.

Cummings interview would be interesting.

I was surprised our Iona cruise was cancelled so far out but at least it saved us a decision on November 18th when final bill was due.

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

Agreed and we will keep doing what we know to be right ,it keeps us safe and others safe as well.

As for the turkeys let them get on with it. Personally they can shove them where the stuffing don't shine

because anyone hoping for a big family get together this Christmas is in for a shock the way things are 

shaping up .

If we are lucky and fortunate enough to get a turkey nearer the time then great but if we are alive

and well, I don't care if I eat beans on toast at christmas . Lets spare a thought for those who have lost loved

ones and the medical staff fighting to keep us all safe & well. 

We are all in this together ,I hope we do not return to supermarket shelves stripped bare again.

Lets remember the nurse who sat in a car crying her eyes out saying she was hungry but the shops were 

empty of food .

Spot on Kalos.

We are doing exactly the same as you.

I am back to working from home  currently sitting in the sun after people were not wearing masks in my calls and Pauline is also working from home in the conservatory.

16006989207546153989463083315338.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Captain Tom.

Cummings interview would be interesting.

I was surprised our Iona cruise was cancelled so far out but at least it saved us a decision on November 18th when final bill was due.

Our next booked cruise is Britannia in mid July , so dont need to worry again until April 2021  although I have asked for a refund for the Iona Canaries cruise, because it was virtually fully paid after we transferred our first cancellation in April 2020 onto it. I wonder how soon the new refunds will be processed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Our next booked cruise is Britannia in mid July , so dont need to worry again until April 2021  although I have asked for a refund for the Iona Canaries cruise, because it was virtually fully paid after we transferred our first cancellation in April 2020 onto it. I wonder how soon the new refunds will be processed?

I booked Iona in January and if P&O had played ball I would have transferred our Azura March 2020 TA money but they didn't so I finally got a refund.

I am only owed the £169 deposit and requested a refund because of the cruise uncertainty and government health advisory.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I booked Iona in January and if P&O had played ball I would have transferred our Azura March 2020 TA money but they didn't so I finally got a refund.

I am only owed the £169 deposit and requested a refund because of the cruise uncertainty and government health advisory.

I had to cancel and rebook G105 to transfer the booking, it was a bit more expensive than our launch booked price  but extra OBC made it virtually identical, of course that's now been lost so I will be out of pocket.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I had to cancel and rebook G105 to transfer the booking, it was a bit more expensive than our launch booked price  but extra OBC made it virtually identical, of course that's now been lost so I will be out of pocket.

That's a shame.

I booked an aft balcony direct with P&O as TA said there was non left so didn't want to risk losing it if I had to cancel and rebook especially when the refund fiasco was going on.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Personally I would respect them more if they came on and spoke the truth.

That I do agree with, but not when they're not allowed to speak a full sentence without interruption and constant contradiction. I don't consider Piers Morgan and GMB to be a good forum for serious  political debates.

Avril

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That I do agree with, but not when they're not allowed to speak a full sentence without interruption and constant contradiction. I don't consider Piers Morgan and GMB to be a good forum for serious  political debates.

Avril

Pauline likes Piers although I think he likes to hog the conversation.

We prefer GMB in the morning but my only political interest is getting rid of covid19 and getting truthful answers on how it is being done.

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Back on topic😊. Our next one is the end of June so we have breathing space until March, and I sincerely hope I won't have to apply for a refund. 

Avril

Hopefully a vaccine is available soon and we will be looking for another cruise too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline likes Piers although I think he likes to hog the conversation.

We prefer GMB in the morning but my only political interest is getting rid of covid19 and getting truthful answers on how it is being done.

....and I'm back to agreeing with you again😊 not about Piers though. Sorry😉

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully we might be able to start posting about refunds again soon as our £169 deposit for Iona February 20 2021was requested for last week and surely a lot of people are now in the same position.

Sadly, I feel that we will all have plenty of time to pontificate about GMB and such like whilst we patiently wait for our refunds, hopefully the refund revolution will be in full swing though...😤

On the topic in question, certainly ok in my view to "no platform" Piers Morgan ... can't abide him... 😒

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Sadly, I feel that we will all have plenty of time to pontificate about GMB and such like whilst we patiently wait for our refunds, hopefully the refund revolution will be in full swing though...😤

On the topic in question, certainly ok in my view to "no platform" Piers Morgan ... can't abide him... 😒

We always watched the Piers Morgan interviews and enjoyed them but agree he comes across on GMB with a massive ego.

• Like 1

Piers has always had a massive ego and he is a "marmite" character but having said that the interviews he has done with regards to Ministers of the current government have been excellent and he has asked leading questions that has always put them on the spot and made them feel very uncomfortable because they havent got an answer and he has insisted on asking the question and not letting them talk the usual evasive answers. End of the day he has asked questions we have all wanted asking and wanted an answer too. He has made ministers look very uncomfortable and that is why they no longer go on GMB. Whatever you think of Piers personality he is an excellent experienced journalist.

• Like 2

I've never even seen GMB, and I don't care for Piers Morgan,  but I do very much object to very well rewarded public servants  - Ministers  - hiding away and refusing to face legitimate media questions because they know they're going to make fools of themselves. 

This government has a track record of avoiding scrutiny  - even during PMQs - and when you're expecting the public to comply with stringent policies and laws it's not a sensible or effective approach. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

More restrictions from Boris today.  flu jab booked at Boots for Thursday.  My local GP surgery is only doing very vulnerable ones at the minute.

My husband is having his job at Boots on Thursday as well.

I'm monitoring their website and as soon as the appointments for the 50-64 group go live, I'll be booking 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband is having his job at Boots on Thursday as well.

I'm monitoring their website and as soon as the appointments for the 50-64 group go live, I'll be booking 

I've not listened to nor read today's statement. Did  he say something about flu vaccinations?

Avril