CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Not personally, Harry, but they feature heavily on the various "sinners" lists on t'internet and the contributors to Truspilot don't seem too impressed either. Good luck, though I know you won't need luck!

I'm having trouble with my travel insurer - 3 independently booked flights and 15 hotels in the US. Some have cancelled and refunded, others, where the flights were still operating, obviously refusing to refund so IMHO that's where my carefully chosen and not cheap 'consequential loss independent traveller' travel insurance should kick in. They don't share my view and have now suggested S75 which I'm pretty sure doesn't cover in this circumstance.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

Also received a cancellation invoice today for the Christmas/New Year Iona cruise. 

Outside chance (171 pages in to the thread) that one of us is going to be able to report the first P&O cruise refund in the legal timeframe .... steady on 🤯

I’ve already had my money back. You should receive within 7 days of cancellation invoice.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I’ve already had my money back. You should receive within 7 days of cancellation invoice.

That's great news.

They were saying the 14 days was going to be honoured and we got the cancellation invoice on Friday 10 days after filling the form on line so fingers crossed.👍🤞

34 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Not personally, Harry, but they feature heavily on the various "sinners" lists on t'internet and the contributors to Truspilot don't seem too impressed either. Good luck, though I know you won't need luck!

I'm having trouble with my travel insurer - 3 independently booked flights and 15 hotels in the US. Some have cancelled and refunded, others, where the flights were still operating, obviously refusing to refund so IMHO that's where my carefully chosen and not cheap 'consequential loss independent traveller' travel insurance should kick in. They don't share my view and have now suggested S75 which I'm pretty sure doesn't cover in this circumstance.

Thanks, Annie.

It’s my daughter’s refund due from lastminute.com, and she’s added to those appalling Trustpilot reviews. You’d think twice about booking with them after looking at the reviews!  All the appropriate actions taken, short, so far, of court action, but they simply won’t pay up. S75/chargeback claims will inevitably succeed, but Halifax are very slow too. 

Your comments on your own claims are interesting. My son is in a similar situation, with a similar claim against the insurer. S75 isn’t appropriate for him, certainly, and we both think it will end up with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks, Annie.

It’s my daughter’s refund due from lastminute.com, and she’s added to those appalling Trustpilot reviews. You’d think twice about booking with them after looking at the reviews!  All the appropriate actions taken, short, so far, of court action, but they simply won’t pay up. S75/chargeback claims will inevitably succeed, but Halifax are very slow too. 

Your comments on your own claims are interesting. My son is in a similar situation, with a similar claim against the insurer. S75 isn’t appropriate for him, certainly, and we both think it will end up with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

You need to send them a Notice before Action and a filled out County Court claim advising them that you will take action within 7 days if they do not pay up. Worked for me. You must be prepared to follow up the threat, it’s a simple no cost process

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, staygulf said:

You need to send them a Notice before Action and a filled out County Court claim advising them that you will take action within 7 days if they do not pay up. Worked for me. You must be prepared to follow up the threat, it’s a simple no cost process

Good idea.

It's a shame these companies didn't do better customer service.

24 minutes ago, staygulf said:

That might work, though the dealings we’ve had with them suggest it would have to be followed through with the formal process, and as the company appears to be resident outside the UK the small claims procedure is inappropriate.

No big deal, though, because S75 clearly covers the situation, it’s only the deposit, it’s not desperately needed, and Halifax will ultimately pay out.

As for lastminute.com, I’d strongly advise anyone considering dealing with them not to. Disreputable is the mildest term I can think of!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bin man said:

There was an earlier post someone had payed more than the 15% dep which had been converted to 125 %fcc and the difference overpaid refunded  to them. Just a thought 

To be honest we paid the deposit so long ago now - think it was January 2019 for a cruise August 2020 which never happened. We have transferred the deposit to FCC. Looking at it we only paid £315 deposit which was a small deposit for the 2 week cruise. We keep wondering if we booked any speciality dining etc but as this was not availble to book during lockdown times then we can't see how we did it. Wondering if we have had a 'senior moment' or something. Oh well, better to be receiving the money back than having a bill for something you can't remember !!

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We've just had £40 refunded by P&O and haven't a clue what it is for - we have asked them and it is taking a while for them to let us know. Confused.com

12 minutes ago, Bin man said:

There was an earlier post someone had payed more than the 15% dep which had been converted to 125 %fcc and the difference overpaid refunded  to them. Just a thought 

Could this be the one you men Bin man ? :classic_unsure: Hope it helps Presto :classic_smile:

On 9/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, Pie Eater said:

Hi all

Posted a comment  about receiving a surprise cheque from Carnival for £13.50

E-mailed P&O and received a reply.  It seems that when we first made the booking (via Thomas Cook at the time)

The amount we paid as the deposit was slightly over the 15% required and they have returned the difference the 

balance still being held as FCC.  Having gone through the paperwork and finding a calculator they are in fact correct!!

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say.

Stay well everyone - we will be back on the ocean at some point in the future 🤞🌴🛳️

49 minutes ago, nellydean said:

Received my cancellation notice today. Cruise was for January, so don't know if that means we'll have to wait a long time, or is the refund processed quite quickly once you have received the cancellation notice?

We received our cancellation invoice for a January cruise today too .In an earlier post Molecrochip advised that it is likely that we will receive our refund in 7 days, fingers crossed!

On 9/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, Harry Peterson said:

That might work, though the dealings we’ve had with them suggest it would have to be followed through with the formal process, and as the company appears to be resident outside the UK the small claims procedure is inappropriate.

No big deal, though, because S75 clearly covers the situation, it’s only the deposit, it’s not desperately needed, and Halifax will ultimately pay out.

As for lastminute.com, I’d strongly advise anyone considering dealing with them not to. Disreputable is the mildest term I can think of!

Just as a follow up, lastminute.com are still inventing reasons not to refund, and trying to insist on adding additional terms to requesting refunds.

Meanwhile, however, a full refund has now been made by Halifax under chargeback. Why everyone using cards for payment doesn’t do the same escapes me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Just received my refund for my October cruise by cheque and they have over paid me a whopping 32p 😁 , hope everyone else gets theirs soon that was on the same cruise 

(Arcadia) 

We were supposed to be on that cruise but transferred the deposit to a future cruise before balance payment was due.Was it cancelled at the same time as the cruise on Ventura in January that we were both on?  If so, hopefully we will receive a refund for that soon.

Hi Ann , no it was cancelled before the Ventura one , we had paid the cruise up before we needed to so didn’t want to transfer that amount to another cruise because I already had 4 booked for next year then they cancelled the Ventura one which you were on with us but that one we have taken a future cruise credit, our next one in April to Australia will almost certainly be cancelled ( celebrity X ) so then we’re looking at next June to the Baltic ( celebrity x) again hoping that one will go ahead if safe to do so 

• Like 1

I emailed them to ask how long refunds were taking and they emailed me back to advise they had not received a form from me, even though I completed it the day they were cancelled in September!
I received my cancellation invoice about 10 days ago for my Christmas cruise do I don’t believe just because you have the invoice that a refund is on its way, maybe I’m being cynical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

26 minutes ago, Alan & Giselle said:

I emailed them to ask how long refunds were taking and they emailed me back to advise they had not received a form from me, even though I completed it the day they were cancelled in September!
I received my cancellation invoice about 10 days ago for my Christmas cruise do I don’t believe just because you have the invoice that a refund is on its way, maybe I’m being cynical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you pay with a credit or debit card?

6 minutes ago, Alan & Giselle said:

Hello

i paid by credit card.

Hi - the simplest and most effective option is just to contact the bank issuing the card.

Explain that P&O have failed to meet their legal obligation to refund in full within 14 days and ask them to refund you under S75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. They have joint and equal responsibility for the refund. Mention the chargeback provisions as well, because that might prove even quicker. The money's taken back from the company.

Nothing whatever to lose,  everything to gain, and taking this action often causes the refund to be made  - chargebacks have a cost to the errant company. 

I'm surprised everyone doesn't do this. It's very simple,  very straightforward and highly effective. 

• Like 2