CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Just received----------------- E mail confirming that my refund is in there system, but because---------etc,

first correspondence since 14th March!

say's minimum 60 days, but adds, you will get it!

My belief is that no refunds have been made, all this is being orchestrated. P&O are buying time for maybe ABTA, or similar to get government assistance to move refunds to FCC.

I have noticed from the off, that all there notifications on line, are undated, and not referenced, and that they take them down when they move the goal posts. Unfortunately for them, a lot of us are alive to there shenanigans and have taken screen shots as we go along.

• Like 4

It doesn't matter what we have been told, what emails say, what ta says or what P&O say. 

It doesn't matter who we write to or where we register our complaints. 

We will get the refunds when it suits them. 

They are actively telling us to take legal action, this is saying they can't do anything for us, no matter what we do.. 

I have tried every possible angle, as have many others here and am still no further forward. 

All we can do is sit and hope... 

Despite all this, I still believe the agreed refunds will be paid. 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It doesn't matter what we have been told, what emails say, what ta says or what P&O say. 

They are actively telling us to take legal action, this is saying they can't do anything for us, no matter what we do.. 

I have tried every possible angle, as have many others here and am still no further forward. 

Andy 

Well said I agree 100% at last somebody speaks with common sense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Andy - I would agree as well. The amount we are due is not enormous in the scale of things, so we are pretty lucky compared to many others. I'm going to sit back and wait and see what happens - all the huffing and puffing in the world is not going to make Carnival change their policy.

I've got better things to do than sit and wait 2 hours on the phone, when I know that once I get through, it will not make a blind bit of difference.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Do not disagree,

Since my last post above, have received a phone call, apologizing for the lack of communication and further promised to keep me in the loop going forward.

In the circumstances a reasonable response.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Do not disagree,

Since my last post above, have received a phone call, apologizing for the lack of communication and further promised to keep me in the loop going forward.

In the circumstances a reasonable response.

But wont make a blind bit of difference been there and done that and got the t shirt with P&O in the past who have for many years treated their loyal customers with contempt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Andy - I would agree as well. The amount we are due is not enormous in the scale of things, so we are pretty lucky compared to many others. I'm going to sit back and wait and see what happens - all the huffing and puffing in the world is not going to make Carnival change their policy.

I've got better things to do than sit and wait 2 hours on the phone, when I know that once I get through, it will not make a blind bit of difference.

No point in getting all upset with them,it will do not a jot of good. One more on our list was Globus for our tour round the Rockies. They cancelled and sent a voucher. I phoned them on 17th and was on hold about 5 mins tops. Please can I have a refund instead of a voucher. Yes sir, no problem. I just checked with my card company. The refund went in on 24th. Globus and Marriot did it properly, why can't they all.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

But wont make a blind bit of difference been there and done that and got the t shirt with P&O in the past who have for many years treated their loyal customers with contempt.

That may well be the case, but it shows that despite the level of service, P&O loyalists will keep on booking. 

In some ways, it could be argued that loyal P&O cruisers are now getting what they deserved, for having put up with abysmal treatment for so long.

How many on here and on other social platforms, that are saying that they will never cruise with P&O again, will actually carry through with their threat, if things return to  normal?

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

No great expectations on my part  just happy to at least, have a point of contact!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The more I read these posts the less likely I am to pay the balance when it's due at the begining of August. I'd rather forfiet the deposit. 

Avril 

At the very least move the deposit to another cruise - don't forfeit your deposit just yet.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The more I read these posts the less likely I am to pay the balance when it's due at the begining of August. I'd rather forfiet the deposit. 

Avril 

I have one booked in August which was a b2b, so i have used the online form to cancel it. If they chase me for the balance that's what i will tell them. I see no point in throwing good money after bad. It's the whole Carnival Group that's in trouble, not just P&O. Go on to the Princess Cruises thread and read the comments there. There a literally thousands of Americans owed refunds and no one appears to be receiving refunds there either. I think there is something seriously wrong here and we have already kissed our money goodbye.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

We have a balance due at the end of May For our Iona cruise at the end of August. Looking forward to that one. Gary Barlow is on board. If P&O cancel we will transfer the deposit to same time next year. They gave as an extra £200 OBC for not cancelling. No doubt they will transfer that to next year as well.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

At the very least move the deposit to another cruise - don't forfeit your deposit just yet.

That's the problem though. The one I've been looking at is in March 2021 and who knows if that will sail. We already have one booked for October 2021. The deposit was only £135 so It won't break the bank. We've plenty of time yet to decide. We're just mulling things over at the moment.

Avril 

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You don't need to. it will be created into FCC automatically and remain on your file (allegedly), you don't need to move it to another cruise straight away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's the problem though. The one I've been looking at is in March 2021 and who knows if that will sail. We already have one booked for October 2021. The deposit was only £135 so It won't break the bank. We've plenty of time yet to decide. We're just mulling things over at the moment.

Avril 

As I understand it, you can move deposits to any cruise, and, if necessary move them again. So move the deposit to any cruise in early 2022, and when the full 2022/3 schedule is published,  move the deposit again to a cruuse you actually want to go on.

Assuming P&O is still around!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

You don't need to. it will be created into FCC automatically and remain on your file (allegedly), you don't need to move it to another cruise straight away.

Thanks for the detail - I thought that was the case, but didn't want to give out inaccurate information. 

As a matter of detail, do you actually have to tell P&O that you want to transfer the deposit to a FCC credit, or does it happen automatically if you don't pay the balance?

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for the detail - I thought that was the case, but didn't want to give out inaccurate information. 

As a matter of detail, do you actually have to tell P&O that you want to transfer the deposit to a FCC credit, or does it happen automatically if you don't pay the balance?

You need to cancel before the 91 day deadline for the paying of the balance. They will then credit you with FCC for the deposit you have paid. If you fail to contact them and cancel, it will be treated as a breach of contract and your deposit would be forfeit.

Cancelling your holiday

Updated 23 April 2020

Should you wish to cancel your holiday, our new temporary cancellation policy gives you ultimate flexibility. Here’s a guide to what you need to know:

• If you're booked on a P&O Cruises holiday sailing between 1 August and 31 August 2020, you may now cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure.
  • Holidays cancelled will receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) – see the table below for further details.

For all fare types.

Policy-change--18-March-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

I think there is something seriously wrong here and we have already kissed our money goodbye.

I can see why you think that, and in any other circumstances I would definitely be saying the same. 

I genuinely believe they are holding out for something, not sure what, but they do seem to have secured the finance to survive. 

That's the only reason why I believe we will still get our refunds. 

I think the hope of a law change has prompted them to just hold out as long as possible to see what the outcome will be... 

I'm still hopeful... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

As I understand it, you can move deposits to any cruise, and, if necessary move them again. So move the deposit to any cruise in early 2022, and when the full 2022/3 schedule is published,  move the deposit again to a cruuse you actually want to go on.

Assuming P&O is still around!

Our deposit for August will be used for same cruise next year. If necessary we can move it again. At the end of the day £100 odd is not number 1 priority. Only real downside is that we may miss Gary Barlow😁.

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Our deposit for August will be used for same cruise next year. If necessary we can move it again. At the end of the day £100 odd is not number 1 priority. Only real downside is that we may miss Gary Barlow😁.

Some people might consider that an upside!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Some people might consider that an upside!

On our last Britannia cruise we could have paid £25 to see Gareth Gates in the Limelight club. I offered 50 NOT to see him🤔.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2