CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

Hope it’s ok to post moneysavingexpert Martin Lewis’s invitation to take part in a brief survey on refunds.  
The link doesn’t work with the c&p, so you’ll need to c&p/type it into the address bar, or search out the original birdie-noise from the birdie-noises internet

“Pls fill in this firm-by-firm survey about bad AND good Coronavirus travel/accom booking inc cancellations/refunds.  surveygizmo.eu/s3/90234382/Tr…

As with our earlier survey we'll use this info to
-Flag up problem areas to regulators/CMA/govt department
-Help focus our work

Pls share”

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I can see why you think that, and in any other circumstances I would definitely be saying the same. 

I genuinely believe they are holding out for something, not sure what, but they do seem to have secured the finance to survive. 

That's the only reason why I believe we will still get our refunds. 

I think the hope of a law change has prompted them to just hold out as long as possible to see what the outcome will be... 

I'm still hopeful... 

Andy 

Maybe they are hoping to start cruising again possibly August and dragging their feet as long as possible on Refunds for their cash flow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

That may well be the case, but it shows that despite the level of service, P&O loyalists will keep on booking. 

In some ways, it could be argued that loyal P&O cruisers are now getting what they deserved, for having put up with abysmal treatment for so long.

How many on here and on other social platforms, that are saying that they will never cruise with P&O again, will actually carry through with their threat, if things return to  normal?

We use 4 cruise lines regularly. Next time it's time to book a cruise the choice will come down to who goes where we want to go,at that time of year and how much. Best offer will get the booking. Having peed me off will be a part of the consideration, but not the overiding facet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

That may well be the case, but it shows that despite the level of service, P&O loyalists will keep on booking. 

In some ways, it could be argued that loyal P&O cruisers are now getting what they deserved, for having put up with abysmal treatment for so long.

How many on here and on other social platforms, that are saying that they will never cruise with P&O again, will actually carry through with their threat, if things return to  normal?

We use 4 cruise lines regularly. Next time it's time to book a cruise the choice will come down to who goes where we want to go,at that time of year and how much. Best offer will get the booking. Having peed me off will be a part of the consideration, but not the overiding facet.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't find that survey anywhere?

I’m sorry

I don’t think I’m allowed to post a clear link

Difficult, isn’t it, trying to be helpful?

It might help, too, if Martin Lewis could get his teeth into P&O

perhaps someone else can find a way

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Maybe they are hoping to start cruising again possibly August and dragging their feet as long as possible on Refunds for their cash flow.

August next year maybe 😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When P&O started to cancel cruises in March? they sent me an email saying that I could change  our November 2020 cruise into 2021 transfer free. I have until August 31st to decide. So maybe there's something in what you say.

Avril 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I cannot see how they are going to start cruising in August with most of the European ports closed and the FO has not lifted travel restrictions.

What I was meaning Jean,  was that they sent me that email in March !! I remember posting somewhere on here at the time that they knew more than they were telling us.

Avril 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I cannot see how they are going to start cruising in August with most of the European ports closed and the FO has not lifted travel restrictions.

Our next cruise (P&O) is next February and do not plan to book another cruise until then.

If cruising is not happening before final payment (Booked direct with P&O)in November we will not pay final payment and move deposit to later in 2021.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our next cruise (P&O) is next February and do not plan to book another cruise until then.

If cruising is not happening before final payment (Booked direct with P&O)in November we will not pay final payment and move deposit to later in 2021.

After reading some of the advice on here I think that's what we'll be doing too.

Avril 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

They will find a way.

If cruising doesn't restart this year there will be a number of casualties and ships sold or scrapped.

Marella Celebration is the first casualty. 

Avril 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Yep, my next balance payment is July for October cruise, so won't be paying that.  And I have 2 booked next year.  Nightmare.

It is a nightmare.

We have been exceptionally fortunate to have had 54 cruises to date and had to cancel 2 cruises this year and desperately missing cruising but we have no intention of cruising again until next February.

We have hotel holidays booked for later this year and looking forward to them.

We've had a reminder today that our balance of £6000 is due on the 15th of this month.

We are really sad to cancel but see no other option at the moment.

We have decided that we will take the FCC for the deposit and plan to use it as late as we can next year to book for something in 2022. We will cruise again - just need some time or things to settle. We may even use it for our 'dream cruise' that we've always wanted to do. One thing this whole thing has taught is not to keep putting things off …….

• Like 9