CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have had a similar reply. No mention of 45 days, but 60 days minimum !

This is just ridiculous, to say I am fuming is an understatement. I was one of the first to cancel on 14th March so if I haven't been refunded, who has ? I honestly believe they haven't refund many and are deliberately moving the date to keep our money to stay afloat, excuse the pun.

My last email said up to 60 days not a 60 day minimum?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Same date, and no reply no paperwork, e-mailed numerous times still no answer.

Have not phoned.

They are also ignoring messaging on social media, the only thing they now appear to respond to are questions about FCC/ new bookings.

21 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

They are also ignoring messaging on social media, the only thing they now appear to respond to are questions about FCC/ new bookings.

Shameful!  An unsolicited apology/explanation would have made some of us feel better.  I accept it would not have been much consolation to those actually urgently needing the return of their money.  I have also completed the CMA form and am about to take a letter to Paul Ludlow to the post box to see if that brings a different response.  Again, not holding my breath.

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 2

I have requested via the online form to cancel my booking (only deposit of £404 paid not in full) to FCC as cruise was booked for 9th August. I thought I would have at least got an automated reply to say that it's received but nothing. Full payment is due in 11 days and don't want them trying to take it.

Anyone had a response from them when cancelling this way?

It is interesting that this mornings paper reports that the EU are to agree a temporary change to airline cancellation refund rules, which will allow credits for future flights to be given instead, the reasons are to protect the airlines from insolvency as they are currently haemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate. 

It's not a huge leap to suggest that most of the holiday industry will want to follow suit, so I doubt there is any likelihood of seeing P&O speed up the refund process. 

• Like 1

My view for what it’s worth....

I am owed a ‘not small amount’ from P&O for a cruise they cancelled at the end of March. I have screenshots time/date stamped stating 45 days. No mention of working days or otherwise. 
My expectation is that this is honoured, it hasn’t been!! Am I annoyed? Yes!! What do I do? I can chase them up spending endless hours getting nowhere. Monitor sites such as this one to see how others are getting on and jump on any appropriate bandwagon, none of which seem to be working. Utilise social media, not working. Cancel my future cruises, but any new ones I book later would seemingly be more expensive than the pre Covid prices I paid. What a quandary! Whilst I don’t ‘need’ the money ASAP I believe there’s a principle that P&O are not abiding to.

My decision therefore is just to wait it out and remember for a very l o n g time how I/we are being treated.

From another perspective and probably in the majority, several of my friends who have had cruises cancelled by various cruise lines are just taking it all in their stride and have the view that they’ll get it back eventually. Therefore, are the cruise lines going to worry about the vociferous minority over the silent majority?

I must also add that I’m owed money from many other travel Companies such as the orange branded airline etc. all of them not complying with their terms and conditions of business. 
All in all a pretty poor situation to be in, but, having known a growing list of people who have died recently at least, at this time, I’m still here to make a comment.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Shameful!  An unsolicited apology/explanation would have made some of us feel better.  I accept it would not have been much consolation to those actually urgently needing the return of their money.  I have also completed the CMA form and am about to take a letter to Paul Ludlow to the post box to see if that brings a different response.  Again, not holding my breath.

Please let us know if you get a response.

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It is interesting that this mornings paper reports that the EU are to agree a temporary change to airline cancellation refund rules, which will allow credits for future flights to be given instead, the reasons are to protect the airlines from insolvency as they are currently haemorrhaging cash at an alarming rate. 

It's not a huge leap to suggest that most of the holiday industry will want to follow suit, so I doubt there is any likelihood of seeing P&O speed up the refund process. 

Governments won't want to bail out the industry, so I would expect them to follow suit and let us continue to prop them up. 

I still think agreed refunds will arrive when things are clarified, but future deposits will only be FCC. 

Andy 

Edited by AndyMichelle
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

True.

On my P&O confirmation invoice it has the cold house name on even though I booked through Jannet.

When we did our " Canada,Alaska, all over the place Grand tour We booked with Gladis, but got invoices from both Eric and Captain sensible. The coaches were run by that bloke that had millions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devonuk said:

My view for what it’s worth....

I am owed a ‘not small amount’ from P&O for a cruise they cancelled at the end of March. I have screenshots time/date stamped stating 45 days. No mention of working days or otherwise. 
My expectation is that this is honoured, it hasn’t been!! Am I annoyed? Yes!! What do I do? I can chase them up spending endless hours getting nowhere. Monitor sites such as this one to see how others are getting on and jump on any appropriate bandwagon, none of which seem to be working. Utilise social media, not working. Cancel my future cruises, but any new ones I book later would seemingly be more expensive than the pre Covid prices I paid. What a quandary! Whilst I don’t ‘need’ the money ASAP I believe there’s a principle that P&O are not abiding to.

My decision therefore is just to wait it out and remember for a very l o n g time how I/we are being treated.

From another perspective and probably in the majority, several of my friends who have had cruises cancelled by various cruise lines are just taking it all in their stride and have the view that they’ll get it back eventually. Therefore, are the cruise lines going to worry about the vociferous minority over the silent majority?

I must also add that I’m owed money from many other travel Companies such as the orange branded airline etc. all of them not complying with their terms and conditions of business. 
All in all a pretty poor situation to be in, but, having known a growing list of people who have died recently at least, at this time, I’m still here to make a comment.

Well balanced post.

The big worry for most of us I think is if they go into liquidation, writing off their debts and our Refunds.

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Governments won't want to bail out the industry, so I would expect them to follow suit and let us continue to prop them up. 

I still think agreed refunds will arrive when things are clarified, but future deposits will only be FCC. 

Andy 

I will give them the benefit of the doubt until 60 days which was said on my last email.

I haven’t bothered to clog up the phone lines as having been in customer service positions over the years I know how frustrating the job can be. I didn’t see the point in phoning up before the 45 days is up because that stops them working on the refunds. I’ve now gone past the 45 days but won’t phone up yet as I just can’t face the wait. Next week maybe...

On the subject of working from home , believe me it does slow things down. It took two weeks for my employer (part of NHS) to set me up with my equipment and even then the IT has never been great. Now with more and more people signing onto our system it keeps crashing. My colleague yesterday took over an hour to get signed on! I start at 8am most days and always sign on about 20 minutes early and have been ok so far. Today I start at 1pm so I’m dreading it, ( seems later you sign on less chance you have!) no doubt I’ll start trying at 12.30 🙄

• Like 1

Sue, same here.  I have a Pulse connection through to the Council network and if there are too many people on, it's the same.

Having said that, I am managing to process all their receipts and stickers for their boats, so it's working quite well.

I was listening to guy from Ryanair on the radio saying they have 25 million refunds to do and it will take months and months.  We worked out yesterday that P&O probably have very roughly over 125,000 refunds to do, so if you are working from home, one person will be putting them through with the correct code and another will be sorting and writing the cheques.  If it's anything like here.  I delivered 160 envelopes to my office this morning to be franked by another member of staff who will go in and do it because I am too old to be allowed to do it!!!  So the people who paid me online will wait for 2-3 weeks for their envelope.

So the logistics make sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

On the subject of working from home , believe me it does slow things down. It took two weeks for my employer (part of NHS) to set me up with my equipment and even then the IT has never been great. Now with more and more people signing onto our system it keeps crashing. My colleague yesterday took over an hour to get signed on! I start at 8am most days and always sign on about 20 minutes early and have been ok so far. Today I start at 1pm so I’m dreading it, ( seems later you sign on less chance you have!) no doubt I’ll start trying at 12.30 🙄

A lot of it depends on the broadband connection at home. A lot of people with cheap broadband deals for home use will have been perfectly happy with slow download and upload speeds in the past (and probably not even noticed) but will now find that they are insufficient for the requirements of business systems therefore making it difficult to work from home.

The opposite is also true, whereby a good broadband connection allied to good remote access facilities can make working from home just as viable as being in the office in a lot of cases.

I mostly worked from home for a global financial institution for over 6 years with few problems after we upgraded to the top broadband package from our service provider. We have become so used to it that if we use the WiFi at my in-laws (a standard connection from a well known satellite TV company) the drop in speed and quality of connection is really noticeable. I once had to use their WiFi for work (as our local telephone exchange was down for a day) and it was a frustrating day to say the least! 

Edited by DamianG

End of the day it doesnt matter who you e-mail, write or phone everyone at P&O is acting on instruction of Paul Ludlow or even higher at Carnival Corp so do not think it will be of any benefit. Many are just repeating when they cancelled, when they were promised refund and now been extended and this thread is just going round in circles. Many on here about the appalling actions of P&O and they "will never cruise with them again" but as soon as there is a vaccine available and safe to cruise and they see bargain prices to encourage people to cruise again they will be on here saying what a great price they have got with their TA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

End of the day it doesnt matter who you e-mail, write or phone everyone at P&O is acting on instruction of Paul Ludlow or even higher at Carnival Corp so do not think it will be of any benefit. Many are just repeating when they cancelled, when they were promised refund and now been extended and this thread is just going round in circles. Many on here about the appalling actions of P&O and they "will never cruise with them again" but as soon as there is a vaccine available and safe to cruise and they see bargain prices to encourage people to cruise again they will be on here saying what a great price they have got with their TA. 

I have been careful to never say never as, although I think they have dealt with this situation poorly, I will soon remember why I sail with P&O. 

Good value, knowing they aren't the best but the price has always reflected that and the fantastic memories will probably get me back, although I am more likely to consider other lines and pay more for a better experience now. 

As for going round in circles, we are all just waiting for the flurry... 

Andy 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DamianG said:

A lot of it depends on the broadband connection at home. A lot of people with cheap broadband deals for home use will have been perfectly happy with slow download and upload speeds in the past (and probably not even noticed) but will now find that they are insufficient for the requirements of business systems therefore making it difficult to work from home.

The opposite is also true, whereby a good broadband connection allied to good remote access facilities can make working from home just as viable as being in the office in a lot of cases.

I mostly worked from home for a global financial institution for over 6 years with few problems after we upgraded to the top broadband package from our service provider. We have become so used to it that if we use the WiFi at my in-laws (a standard connection from a well known satellite TV company) the drop in speed and quality of connection is really noticeable. I once had to use their WiFi for work (as our local telephone exchange was down for a day) and it was a frustrating day to say the least! 

I must admit I do hope my broadband copes as I have my work Pc  and work phone plugged into my router!

Believe me though our system is so clunky it often crashes when I’m in the office!

• Like 1

Sue, laughing here, because when I'm at the Harbour Office, we have ADSL, but we have to go through the Council network.  It crashes on numerous occasions.  Also, when working from home I wanted a PDF to open immediately instead of me having to click on it.  Had a Skype call with IT who told me that this version of Chrome doesn't allow that.  So after the call, I did a bit of clicking, clicked on Always Open and hey presto, it now opens!  LOL  I'm a techy!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

TA has not showered themselves in glory either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had a nice lady ring me from my travel insurance company.  I will get my refund but only one guy doing them, so might take 28 days.

Just now, grapau27 said:

TA has not showered themselves in glory either.

Mine has been great.  It was him that told me P&O would be sending me a cheque!!

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Just had a nice lady ring me from my travel insurance company.  I will get my refund but only one guy doing them, so might take 28 days.

Mine has been great.  It was him that told me P&O would be sending me a cheque!!

The P&O rep told me I would get cheque.

TA did not know.

1 TA agent told me Fri and another on Monday said they would get back to me but I've heard nothing from them.

On Monday it took 90 minutes to get through to Jannet c×××××

They keep moving the goalposts.  Firstly 28, then 45, now a minimum of 60 days, soon it will be 90. 

I've had enough of posting, will keep reading and will comment if people who cancelled start getting refunded, or I do 🙂

• Like 1