CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

To get back on topic, I don’t think I will pay the balance for our November cruise. If these refunds for holidays cancelled in March aren't going to paid until June/July then it's going to be next year before I see mine. We'll be better off financially and mentally just forfeiting the  £135 deposit. 

Avril 

• Like 2

Avril, I will not be paying my balance for my October cruise, due in July.  I will simply carry the FCC and see where we are in a year.  I have an april 2021 and an October 2021 cruise booked, luckily with £100 deposits, so not worried about those.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

To get back on topic, I don’t think I will pay the balance for our November cruise. If these refunds for holidays cancelled in March aren't going to paid until June/July then it's going to be next year before I see mine. We'll be better off financially and mentally just forfeiting the  £135 deposit. 

Avril 

We have a Sept one Avril and I dont think we will paying the balance on that either. But I will be taking the FCC for the deposit, in the hope that we might be able use it against a summer 2022 cruise, giving us something to look forward to.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Very wise decision imo.

Just now, jeanlyon said:

Yes I am confused by that Refund post.  Did Mercury get a refund or not?

Oh dear.

I shall be as polite as I can.  The reference was to what the other two common lies can be.  They made reference as forum friendly as they could to what one of the other lies was.  You would really have to think outside of the box as to what the refund actually means. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't think so. I've just done a quick Google search and what I found was much more interesting , and I wouldn't have believed any of them. Not even the cheque's in the post. ☺

Avril 

I promise you, the answer was in a roundabout way in the post immediately before yours.  Google will not give you the answer, its too polite.

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes I am confused by that Refund post.  Did Mercury get a refund or not?

No Jean he didn't. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to something I'd said. Confusing I know.

Avril 

11 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I promise you, the answer was in a roundabout way in the post immediately before yours.  Google will not give you the answer, its too polite.

Oh but they did. Huffpost. Kalos's reference with Meatloaf was helpful too. Thing is I'd  heard all those remarks before when I was younger , not personally, just in general so nothing new. And by the way there are a lot more than three.😉

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
Added text
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Just as a matter of interest, what are the other two? 

Avril 

The second one is "I love you". 

The third one is too rude to repeat here, but as an alternative " No, your bum doesn't look big ".

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

No Jean he didn't. It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to something I'd said. Confusing I know.

Avril 

Avril

You are correct

Sorry to confuse every one.

You are truly a member of the 40s and 50s club

God Bless

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh but they did. Huffpost. Kalos's reference with Meatloaf was helpful too. Thing is I'd  heard all those remarks before when I was younger , not personally, just in general so nothing new. And by the way there are a lot more than three.😉

Avril 

Avril?

Was it mine?

Sorry

Just guessing!

Just to go back on topic (sorry about my 3 lies post, which suddenly seems to have grown a life of its own) on another forum it is being reported that FCC can now be used against existing bookings.

To be clear, this is just one report, so cannot be confirmed at this stage. But, on consideration, it seems eminently sensible. By allowing people to use FCC  against future bookings, P&O protect their immediate short term cash flow issues, although in the long term their revenue will be seriously affected.

Once again,  this is just one single post, but from a seasoned cruiser, who understands the implications of the change in policy. 

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just to go back on topic (sorry about my 3 lies post, which suddenly seems to have grown a life of its own) on another forum it is being reported that FCC can now be used against existing bookings.

To be clear, this is just one report, so cannot be confirmed at this stage. But, on consideration, it seems eminently sensible. By allowing people to use FCC  against future bookings, P&O protect their immediate short term cash flow issues, although in the long term their revenue will be seriously affected.

Once again,  this is just one single post, but from a seasoned cruiser, who understands the implications of the change in policy. 

And I shouldn't have been so nosy. Sorry.

I wonder why our November 2020 cruise has gone up. I've just had a quick look and it's gone up £200 pp. Most odd.

Avril 

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

FCC can be used for existing bookings as long as you upgrade cabin

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

If they had agreed to this at the beginning it would have been a game changer as lots of us have existing bookings and with the extra incentive might well have considered using FCC as some of next year's comparable cruise prices are reportedly much higher.

• Like 1

Quick question re future cruises. I haven’t spent very much time at all looking at future cruises, as we won’t be booking any until we are vaccinated, but I have looked at a few out of curiosity and every one I have looked at only gives prices for ‘Early Savers’. We only book ‘Select’, as we want specific cabins and wouldn’t run the risk of the ‘leftovers’ or ending up with Club dining (as we like Freedom). Am I missing something? Are Select fares widely available on future cruises or, if you continue to the booking stage are you able to confirm exact cabin and dining with Early Savers?

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

One of the three most common lies in the world.

When I worked in a bank branch it used to be ‘the manager is in a meeting at the moment can I help’ Nearly always was something very trivial that I didn’t need to bother the manager about 😁

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

FCC can be used for existing bookings as long as you upgrade cabin

But in the particular case  I am talking about, the FCC could be used against an existing booking. No cabin upgrade or change of any type.

• Like 1