Anyone get their CruiseNext certs back in their acct yet?

fstuff1

35 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

So it seems like, if my CruiseNext certificates expire this year, and cruising probably isn't going to happen this year, that kinda locks me into taking the FCC + 20 percent deal. 

Pretty sure you can get the expiration date extended - just have to call and ask.

has anyone had the value of the CN reduced? I have had both of mine refunded for a cruise cancelled by NCL but 1 of them is lower in value then the other.

After speaking to NCL they have said its because the system has removed the cancelation fee from 1 of the CN's, it will be sorted but no timescale given, i also can't use this CN till its fixed as they wont be able to change the amount on a used CN

On 4/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, 1smudslide said:

I received mine back on Friday.  I got the FCC and cruise next at the same time.  This was originally cancelled on 3/13

so it took 1 month 2 weeks? 

thx.

so will patiently wait 2 more weeks for my 2 CN certs, then will call

On 5/2/2020 at 10:17 AM, fstuff1 said:

so it took 1 month 2 weeks? 

thx.

so will patiently wait 2 more weeks for my 2 CN certs, then will call

They cancelled my cruise on March 14th and I'm still waiting for my 2 CruiseNext certificates to be returned.   

Mine was booked through CAS and my DH got his FCC email on April 3rd.   My 'half' of the cruise fare was more than covered by the two CN that were in my name.    I expect them to give me back less than the $500 face value of the 2CN, but can't they just get that figured out and let me know?

I had a CAS cruise cancelled in March and received my 2 cruise next certificates today!! I finally had enough on April 30 and let them know how unhappy I was with NCL, while still being respectful to the agent.  She said it should have been done and it would be posted in 7-10 days. Didn't believe it... but they have arrived! 

5 minutes ago, akf84 said:

I had a CAS cruise cancelled in March and received my 2 cruise next certificates today!! I finally had enough on April 30 and let them know how unhappy I was with NCL, while still being respectful to the agent.  She said it should have been done and it would be posted in 7-10 days. Didn't believe it... but they have arrived! 

i now have my 2 cn as well from ncl canceled 4/9 cruise! sweet!

(they werent there when i checked this past weekend)

Edited by fstuff1

23 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

i now have my 2 cn as well from ncl canceled 4/9 cruise! sweet!

(they werent there when i checked this past weekend)

I also received my 2 CN coupons back into my NCL account which were used for my canceled 4/05/2020 cruise...Whoohoo!!!  Next...Where’s my refunds???

My two CNs were re-deposited  last night with new #s but same expiration date.  I was able to apply only one of them on MyNCL to my newly booked March cruise, but called CAS today and they applied the 2nd one.

New problem?    I'm told by CAS agent that our 25% FCC credits can ONLY be used for cruise fare or upgrades?  We don't need an upgrade (comped M6), and is our admin fee not counted as cruise fare????    

Thought I would check with others here before calling back for someone else.

We were able to apply the FCC to our new CAS reservation to cover all of the fees, taxes, gratuities for beverage and dining packages, and an upgrade from oceanview to spa balcony. We had a little left over, so she added the prepaid gratuities and that was covered as well. She did say we can't use to prebook excursions or anything like that.

I haven't seen mine yet (FCC on 5/1).  I am thinking of booking another cruise and have read that I can apply them to existing bookings as long as it isn't paid in full.  I see more evidence above - can someone tell me if this is a correct assumption?  I go through a travel agent.

Thanks,

Pam

1 hour ago, PammyMouse said:

I haven't seen mine yet (FCC on 5/1).  I am thinking of booking another cruise and have read that I can apply them to existing bookings as long as it isn't paid in full.  I see more evidence above - can someone tell me if this is a correct assumption?  I go through a travel agent.

Thanks,

Pam

I was told no when I wanted to apply it to an already-booked cruise, but it was my understanding at the time that it would apply to cruises booked after March.  There also seem to be different rules for using the 100% FCC and the 25/50% extra.

The cruise I wanted to use my FCC on got cancelled anyway and the cruise that I did book with FCC was more expensive, so it all worked out!

We just cancelled our Sept Canada/NE cruise (before final payment) and re-booked for a cruise in Apr 2022.  NCL is certainly all over the map is how to re-issue our CruiseNext certificate which expires Dec 2020....we have had 3-4 scenarios on how this would roll but eventually came to an understanding.

So we cancelled the original cruise yesterday, have another on hold till the CN gets credited back to our acct (they said 2 days...we'll see) and then apply it to the new cruise (fingers crossed)  They were not particularly helpful on extending the expiry date initially and told us we would have to put a deposit on the new cruise, which is ridiculous when they already have our deposit. 

I assume the amout of re-scheduling is chaotic making all this even more confusing to deal with.

Anyways....waiting for the CN to pop back in so we can move on!  Only 700+ days till the next cruise....😢

Edited by cdncruzer

About ten days ago, we cancelled our TA in October.  We'd applied two CN certs to that, and they were back in my account almost immediately.   Perhaps things are being handled differently depending on whether you cancel or NCL cancels.  We have a PCC; it's entirely possible he was able to put the certs back into my account himself.

Stay safe, everyone.