Host Carolyn said ccl starting may limited capacity, will rcl?

35 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Covid 19 has a long long way to go to catch up to the flu. 

COVID-19: Approximately 88,982 deaths reported worldwide; 14,808 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 9, 2020.*

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

If you think this is the Flu you are ignorant. Let me know the last time hospitals and the healthcare system was completely overwhelmed by the flu. I can't believe people are still using the flu as a comparison.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, fla gang said:

I think all cruise lines will leave the ships parked until there is a vaccine!

Then they all go out of business. That is the consequence of "leaving ship parked till there is a vaccine". 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Then they all go out of business. That is the consequence of "leaving ship parked till there is a vaccine". 

I agree. People maybe going on ‘Blue Seas’ cruise lines when (if) a vaccine is produced but it won’t be the existing cruise lines ... they’ll be out of business. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Being a "host" doesn't give you a direct line to the cruise company.

It gives you the "power" to moderate the posts on this website.

I can assure you that Bob did not have a direct line to Royal Caribbean.

Where is Bob?

1 hour ago, RBKL said:

Where is Bob?

35 minutes ago, suizas said:

Yes, where is Bob?! 

Retired from CC hosting duties. 

Last I heard, living the good life in the Sunshine State.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:26 PM, firefly333 said:

I see host Carolyn posted Carnival plans on resuming cruises in May with limited capacity and see how they go.

Do you all think Royal gearing up to do the same?

Host Carolyn doesn’t know what she is talking about. No cruise line, including Carnival, is going to resume cruises in May. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

I think the "limited capacity plan" may not be a go based on the new order from the CDC today.  Please see attached PDF.  It is 9 pages long and quite demanding of the industry.

No-Sail-Order-Cruise-Ships.pdf 107.47 kB · 13 downloads

I saw this but I think the 100 days can be rescinded. I think if the virus is no longer a public health emergency. I don't think this is as concrete as it seems. It could turn out to be 100 days but maybe not. 

2 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

I saw this but I think the 100 days can be rescinded. I think if the virus is no longer a public health emergency. I don't think this is as concrete as it seems. It could turn out to be 100 days but maybe not. 

Or it could be extended beyond 100 days, which is more likely according to all the scientists who are constantly talking about this virus on the radio and TV. 

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Or it could be extended beyond 100 days, which is more likely according to all the scientists who are constantly talking about this virus on the radio and TV. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america Please check out this website. This virus is going to start to wind down. By June its down to nothing. By May here in NJ it will be down to nothing. I think people are overstating how long cruise lines will be down. Now hopefully we don't get a really bad second wave next fall or winter. Hopefully scientists and docs around the world get a handle in this dam virus before then. 

3 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america Please check out this website. This virus is going to start to wind down. By June its down to nothing. By May here in NJ it will be down to nothing. I think people are overstating how long cruise lines will be down. Now hopefully we don't get a really bad second wave next fall or winter. Hopefully scientists and docs around the world get a handle in this dam virus before then. 

I hope they are right ,but will there be a vaccine by June? I'm sure a lot of people will roll the dice and hop on a cruise as soon as possible, and good for them, but I'm just not taking any chances until there is a vaccine. We have two infants in our extended family and I'm not taking any chances of contracting the virus and giving it to them. Haven't been in contact with any family for about 5 weeks now, and they all live close by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fla gang said:

I hope they are right ,but will there be a vaccine by June? I'm sure a lot of people will roll the dice and hop on a cruise as soon as possible, and good for them, but I'm just not taking any chances until there is a vaccine. We have two infants in our extended family and I'm not taking any chances of contracting the virus and giving it to them. Haven't been in contact with any family for about 5 weeks now, and they all live close by.

There won't be a vaccine by June obviously. More like the first half of 2021. J&J apparently has a promising one. 

If that is your choice I have no problem with it. I don't think we need a vaccine for cruises to start. Just need a handle on the situation. A effective treatment would help as well. 

26 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Hopefully the projections on this site turn out to be accurate. Pretty interesting who all the graphs show everything significantly decreasing towards the end of May. 

As I said above I think it's a new carnival talking pt. Sorry to get people excited.

Even John H said it yesterday.. that they are closing sailing to limit capacity. Maybe they got tired of being asked when they going to cancel. So they closed the sailings, cant be booked. Had to give a reason.  Sorry again for posting this.

17 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

There won't be a vaccine by June obviously. More like the first half of 2021. J&J apparently has a promising one. 

If that is your choice I have no problem with it. I don't think we need a vaccine for cruises to start. Just need a handle on the situation. A effective treatment would help as well. 

I think the big issue is going to be how many new or infrequent cruisers will book/go on a cruise when cruises resume.  Probably pretty safe to say most of the people on this board are likely to resume cruising sooner than later.  But the cruise lines need more than just their loyal, frequent cruisers to survive.  

9 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Hopefully the projections on this site turn out to be accurate. Pretty interesting who all the graphs show everything significantly decreasing towards the end of May. 

Just because the numbers on the graph are going down does not mean that it safe to restart leisure travel and cruising. Life will not return to normal just because the spread has decreased. There will be many restrictions to be put into place and safety measures to be initiated. As much as I would like to cruise again, I am really doubtful that ports are going to be welcoming cruise ships anytime soon. 

Edited by lr657
  • Like 2