Age 70 policy

peggy1

8 minutes ago, irzero said:

It's worse in spain and italy. The reason london is bad is due to all the immigrants. They all seem to smoke smuggled tobacco.

Smoking in the UK is generally in decline. £10 for 20 is likely the reason.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I can tell a native Londoner from an immigrant. The natives are the ones that I can't understand when they speak english.😉😄

• Like 1

I'm feeling pretty healty, lol, still 69. Just wait until I hit the magic 70, it's all downhill from there. These boards are scary. Never dreaded a birthday or feared one before. 

A doctor giving permission for me to cruise, feels like being treated like a child.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

A doctor giving permission for me to cruise, feels like being treated like a child.

Don't let it get to you. Here is an alternate perspective: NASA gives every astronaut a preflight physical, and the doc has to say okay before they sail off. 

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Don't let it get to you. Here is an alternate perspective: NASA gives every astronaut a preflight physical, and the doc has to say okay before they sail off. 

Not even the same thing. They have a specific date, they know ahead of time. With this situation maybe cruises are resumed by January and I cruise, maybe we still need a doctors note, maybe maybe.

Btw my dad worked for nasa, I'm a NASA kid, went to all the open houses, saw the wind tunnel, heard lectures on ions as a child that made no sense, got a piece of echo ii.. I'm not going into space. This uncertainty is different, ymmv 

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not even the same thing. They have a specific date, they know ahead of time. With this situation maybe cruises are resumed by January and I cruise, maybe we still need a doctors note, maybe maybe.

Btw my dad worked for nasa, I'm a NASA kid, went to all the open houses, saw the wind tunnel, heard lectures on ions as a child that made no sense, got a piece of echo ii.. I'm not going into space. This uncertainty is different, ymmv 

Okay, tried to offer a little light-hearted approach, and obviously failed. Or you might think I actually thought they were the same and needed instruction. Or maybe you want to get upset about the doctor's note. Whatever.

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And I got blasted for asking how many points you had. SMH. 

That’s a good number. 

In my opinion 

Thanks Rory,I never hide from a question and you have been a concerned friend which I appreciate.

My health issues are heredity including NSTEMI in December 2019 where I had 1 stent fitted but my fitness and prompt action avoided any heart damage.

BP was high 10 years ago and I was put on tablets for life even though it has been controlled successfully for several years I queried is it right at 63 to be banned from cruising for that condition.

All my readings are low because I have tried to keep fit.

BP 117-70 Pulse 60 BMI 26.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, irzero said:

Lol.

There are a lot of social smokers in london though. Some people have a weird habit of only smoking when out for a drink.

On the whole I know less smokers now than I ever have. On the other hand there is a big cocaine problem in the UK.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Smoking is banned indoors in the UK which is great for us non smokers.

I stopped smoking at 21 which was 42 years ago.

Graham.

• Like 1

It seems this is a real confusing mess but it all boils down to a few things.   First, we want to know when or if this policy will be rescinded or extended or amended.   Also, part of the problem is determining fitness to sail-are people who are 70+ with diabetes or COPD ever going to be able to sail again even if their doc says they are fit to sail.  I understand restrictions when covid is rampant, but what about later?  If I am never going to be able to sail again (50 cruises) that is fine, but let me know so I can get refunds and make other plans.  By CDC and the cruise lines waiting too long to make decisions it screws with final payment dates, refunds etc. I am almost to the point of cancelling 4 future cruises, taking my money, and going on road trips.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Rory,I never hide from a question and you have been a concerned friend which I appreciate.

My health issues are heredity including NSTEMI in December 2019 where I had 1 stent fitted but my fitness and prompt action avoided any heart damage.

BP was high 10 years ago and I was put on tablets for life even though it has been controlled successfully for several years I queried is it right at 63 to be banned from cruising for that condition.

All my readings are low because I have tried to keep fit.

BP 117-70 Pulse 60 BMI 26.

Glad you doing good. I just thought asking a persons BMI is a lot more personal than asking how many cruise points you have with Royal. 

In my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Glad you doing good. I just thought asking a persons BMI is a lot more personal than asking how many cruise points you have with Royal. 

In my opinion 

Thanks.

Personally I don't mind answering questions but I can understand if someone else doesn't want to answer.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Seriously, you are comparing the physical strain of an astronaut to a guest getting on a cruise ship?

The only similarity is they both leave from Port Canaveral Florida!

m

• Like 1
  • Haha 2