What percentage of Celebrity cruisers are actually over 70?

Quo Vadis?

What % of Celebrity Cruisers are actually over 70 who may be impacted with the policy now in effect?  

401 members have voted

1. 1. If you have cruised on Celebrity over the last year or have a new booking that may be impacted by the policy now in effect, what was the age of passengers in your stateroom?

48 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

I would have thought the opposite. The older cruisers are less likely to be planning on the internet

I'm confused as to why you cited my post, which had nothing to do with planning on the internet. 

22 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm confused as to why you cited my post, which had nothing to do with planning on the internet. 

You said you think Cruise Critic members skew older. I think the opposite is true compared to what I see on ships.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

There are more over 70's on this poll compared to the new poll on page 1.

This poll asks the age for past cruises, whereas the other poll asks the age for future cruises. Given the number of 70+ who may have cancelled or simply not booked future cruises because of their concern over their susceptibility to COVID-19 or because of Celebrity's doctor's form policy, it's not surprising that there is a reduction in numbers in the other poll. Generally speaking, I think that it's predictable that fewer members of the most vulnerable age group are deferring for the time being.

30 minutes ago, llawrence said:

We always do.....most of our friends also book suites....all 70+.....I think older cruisers use their staterooms more then the younger ones do....more space is always helpful.

Makes sense as I dont see many 70 plus out by the pools, bars, etc.  The only reason I haven't booked a suite is i sail solo therefore pay double occupancy but the next time I may just splurge on a sky suite. 

In our younger days we very seldom were in our stateroom....now we use the balcony and sitting area often...enjoy canapés and drinks in our stateroom....even have some dinners and breakfast in room..so a suite makes sense.  

30 minutes ago, llawrence said:

In our younger days we very seldom were in our stateroom....now we use the balcony and sitting area often...enjoy canapés and drinks in our stateroom....even have some dinners and breakfast in room..so a suite makes sense.  

Sounds wonderful. Next cruise will be a suite for me. Makes sense if you're going to splurge for one may as well enjoy to the fullest. 

On 4/13/2020 at 10:12 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

These are not Celebrity specific numbers and I do question the methodology on a few of the surveys, but overall it's as expected IMO. I do agree that the average CC user skews a bit older so these numbers, while not specific to Celebrity, are a good snapshot of the population. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 9.03.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 9.03.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 9.10.19 AM.png

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1