How we can help Celebrity

Mojogurued

34 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

BO1953, your post #26, as usual, is duly proffered and well received. The quote below is your final line in that post.

"Many of us who want to sail again ASAP will not be taken down by those who do not, we will not!"

Whereas I am with you on most points, I must disagree on others. Obviously, "Cruise Cred" is garnered and maintained through experience(s) and the ability to relate same on forums such as these. This being an absolutely new and very unpleasant experience for us all, perhaps puts everyone on a bit more equal footing when it comes to prognosticating the future of cruising. I, for one, do not at all seek to take anyone down, nor do I offer any apology for your misunderstanding. My idea of help and support comes from a different direction. It's intent, however, is the same as yours. 

You are ready to go, ASAP. I prefer a more cautious approach to once again getting on a ship. Suffice it to say, you are the manly-man in this scenario and I am the milksop. I'm good with that. I currently have four cruises on X's books. I am positive two will not go. Two others in 2021, I hope to be there. But as I've said in the past, I'll not rush to judgement that all is well.

When once again you cruise, only the best of times.

s - to be sure, I do respect each persons desire or lack thereof to sail when I wish to sail and all that does not mean you or any other person is lesser than, just perhaps, more cautious than I, including my spouse.

I support your and every other persons limits to sailing or not, to when they feel most comfortable including never setting foot on any ship again. You have to feel comfortable and not push before that point is reached, rather that be next week, next month, next quarter, next year or the the year after that.

Emotions and feelings about being safe cannot be pushed or bullied, rather that be on land or at sea.

Actually, my comment about 'not taking us down' was in reference to the many comments towards those of us who wish to sail ASAP when ships are cleared to do so, limited itineraries or full...

Each of us needs, at this time in our 'cruising life', to be very very very sure and comfortable with the decision to return to sailing. I support each decision, without reservation or judgement thereof about returning or not and when, if ever!

Each of us has to decide when the right time is here to sail again, this all without a broad brush decision by those who wish to wait for their own reasons. Just as long as cruise lines adhere to CDC, WHO and other officials who have the power to say either 'sail' or 'no sail' or 'docking permitted' or 'not now'... I will feel comfortable sailing.

Thank you for your input and thoughts, much appreciated for sure.

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Interesting read. Looks like the average cruiser isn't the only entity having difficulty getting paid....

Holding Onto Other People’s Money in Order to Stay Afloat:

"All of the cruise lines have been accused of holding onto their customers’ refunds for as long as possible. Excursion tour companies in the Caribbean have complained that Carnival has not paid their tour operators for services rendered for over a month."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Interesting Article. Thanks for the link

Seems the Cruise lines are incorporated in various places but don't necesarily  sail to them all. Wonder if those countries can help them with loans or bailouts?

from the Article:

"  Carnival Cruise Line is incorporated in Panama, Royal Caribbean Cruises in Liberia,and Norwegian Cruise Line in the Bahamas to escape not only U.S. taxes but U.S. wages and labor laws and U.S. occupational health and safety laws..."

Was never a fan of Adam Goldstein when he was head of Royal , but as head of CLIA what else could he say other than defend and promote cruising?

Edited by hcat

I was curious why they incorporate in these specific  places...i assume similar benefits as to each location  :

"There are many benefits for incorporating in Liberia. These benefits include:

No Taxation of Worldwide Income as Liberia has a “territorial” based income tax system. This means only income and profits earned inside Liberia borders are subject to income taxes. However, U.S. taxpayers and others residing in similar countries which tax worldwide income will not be exempt.

Liberia’s governmental structure is based on the U.S. Constitution, but only has one political party.

Ship Registry is a major industry where Liberia’s registered merchant ships are triple the size of the United State’s registered merchant vessels. Tax benefits are available to vessel owners who register in Liberia. For instance, foreign source shipping income of non-resident registered corporations is not taxed. This is one reason why Liberia is known as a “flag of convenience” haven for registering ships.

Easy Incorporation: Liberia maintains a straightforward and easy incorporation process. A new Liberian corporation can be formed in as little as 48 hours.

Similar to Delaware: Liberian corporate tax laws are similar to Delaware’s laws.

No Annual Corporate Documents: Liberia has no annual corporate documents filing requirements.

Low Registration Fees: Registering a company in Liberia costs as little as $700 USD and the yearly renewal fee is around $900 USD.

No Minimum Capital: Liberia corporations do not have to make a minimum capital investment.

U.S. Dollar: Liberia accepts U.S. Dollars at face value making banking and business convenient for Americans.

Easy Banking: Although Liberia does not have bank secrecy laws, it is simple for corporations to open local bank accounts. Liberian corporations are no required to open bank accounts in Liberia.

22 hours ago, Argo. said:

There is nothing bigger than the problems with their accounting department. Celebrity's very existence is at stake and those in charge are largely responsible for the negative attitude that they have instilled in many of their former very loyal customers.  Their never ending cuts in diminishing the product for those who have cruised many times and have good memories of cruises over the last three decades are now saying "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" .

We've cruised 225 times with Celebrity and our loyalty is now seriously in jeopardy.  They promised us a refund on March 7th.  We cancelled our March 15th cruise on March 13 for a FCC/refund and have had no response.  We were given an option for refund or 125% FCC for our March 27th cruise even though I called Celebrity about our requirement to return home within 10 days or lose our health coverage due to the threat of getting stuck in a US hospital without insurance.  Celebrity said "tough" you cancelled, you get a FCC but we won't let you cruise because you have health issues and are over 70.

Thanks Celebrity but your accounting department sucks!!!

Show me the money!!

225 cruises with Celebrity?  How is that even possible?  Or are you one of those passengers that actually live on ship for extended periods?  Have you ever calculated how much money you have given to Celebrity for 225 cruises and counting?  I am not really joking or trying to be factious -  I am just very curious.  Thanks!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

225 cruises with Celebrity?  How is that even possible?  Or are you one of those passengers that actually live on ship for extended periods?  Have you ever calculated how much money you have given to Celebrity for 225 cruises and counting?  I am not really joking or trying to be factious -  I am just very curious.  Thanks!

I was assuming it was a typo and the poster meant maybe 25? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Also, notice the rationale for the accounting department to suck?

One would think that after 225 sailings on X, they would be most understanding of the situation and know that X will take care of them, even when the passenger cancelled?

Then it does appear that the poster has inside information about future requirements of sailing for those who are 70 or over and soon to be's....

After three (3) decades on X, the poster does not realize that the name ownership of the line has changed 'corporate' hands at least once?

Oh well, nothing like trying to bully their way here, as opposed calling X everyday to air the grievances....

bon voyage

17 minutes ago, Orator said:

I know the poster and he most certainly has 225 Celebrity cruises.  I always look forward to cruising with him and his lovely bride.

Yes I was not disputing the number.  I was just asking how he accomplished it.  

19 hours ago, treehugr said:

Interesting read. Looks like the average cruiser isn't the only entity having difficulty getting paid....

Holding Onto Other People’s Money in Order to Stay Afloat:

"All of the cruise lines have been accused of holding onto their customers’ refunds for as long as possible. Excursion tour companies in the Caribbean have complained that Carnival has not paid their tour operators for services rendered for over a month."

At what point do we start asking for interest on these loans they're borrowing from us? I'm only half joking...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

36 minutes ago, clojacks said:

I was assuming it was a typo and the poster meant maybe 25? 

Zenith points and sailings.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Oh well, nothing like trying to bully their way here, as opposed calling X everyday to air the grievances....

bon voyage

Some people must be trying to impress Celebrity with their continuous defense of the company despite the obvious clues that this corporation has absolutely no desire to satisfy even their most loyal passengers.  We're still waiting for a refund promised March 7th.  We have had several conversations with the company... the latest

"Thank you for contacting us.

In reference to your bookings , since you are booked through ********* and this is a financial question , you will have to go through your travel agency. I regret we are unable to assist you with your inquiry. Upon request, your travel agent can access any specific booking information for you."

Financial Question.... where's our refund?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Some people must be trying to impress Celebrity with their continuous defense of the company despite the obvious clues that this corporation has absolutely no desire to satisfy even their most loyal passengers.  We're still waiting for a refund promised March 7th.  We have had several conversations with the company... the latest

In reference to your bookings , since you are booked through ********* and this is a financial question , you will have to go through your travel agency. I regret we are unable to assist you with your inquiry. Upon request, your travel agent can access any specific booking information for you."

Again, that is between you and your TA or you and your TA and X.... or through whichever venue you booked...

As a matter of being 'most loyal' vs not loyal in these times really have no bearing on the situation, as far as I know.

Were one to not believe that X is not processing their refund, then there are options available to insure this is being taken care of.

I Am truly sorry that you are not being serviced as you would like, but be that as it may, many others have posted that they believe likewise and I feel sorry for them as well...

Only time will tell if you are or are not refunded or do or do not receive any FCC's due etc... but daily to read about it here when time could be most productively spent either writing letters or emailing or on the phone with X or whichever venue you booked and paid through to find out would be much better, I would believe.

Not to worry, I usually gloss over these types of posts until one chooses to respond to mine, alas I did respond to your very indirectly, to be sure.

Good luck and I trust you will be made whole to your satisfaction and soon!

bon voyage

14 minutes ago, Argo. said:

Zenith points and sailings.png

Argo- thanks but again I was not looking for proof.  I did believe you.  I am just asking how it was accomplished?  How many cruises in a typical year?  How many years?  Wow it is amazing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, smogfarmgirl said:

At what point do we start asking for interest on these loans they're borrowing from us? I'm only half joking...

LOL, we could ask for a CC Loyalty upgrade as compensation....

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

11 minutes ago, Argo. said:

In some instances, and in my case, the travel agency is holding up a full refund.  Cancelling means they lose their commission.  FCC means they keep their commission and monies already paid.  A wonderful slush fund for travel agencies.

Just now, TeeRick said:

Bo- would an extra bag of laundry really do the trick for you??🙂

LOL - I was thinking about the Happy Hour cocktail party to dove tail on the Premium Beverage Package I usually get... along with the discount internet...

Of course I would share....

bon voyage

6 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Argo- thanks but again I was not looking for proof.  I did believe you.  I am just asking how it was accomplished?  How many cruises in a typical year?  How many years?  Wow it is amazing.  

Edited by Chrisclaire

If a loyal cruiser with 225 cruises is angry with the way Celebrity is handling this, they are in trouble.

That's how I take it anyway.

That they're not "most understanding" speaks volumes.

I believe we met Argo once.  On one of Century's last cruises.  I believe it was around Feb. 2014.

11 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

In some instances, and in my case, the travel agency is holding up a full refund.  Cancelling means they lose their commission.  FCC means they keep their commission and monies already paid.  A wonderful slush fund for travel agencies.

I believe Celebrity is protecting the travel agencies' commissions.  They are being paid.  

On 4/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, BP99 said:

TOTALLY agree with you.

Many cannot understand what's going on.

Lacking an effective vaccine the only way cruising can be safe would entail major changes including fully-equipped hospitals on board,  world-wide evacuation plans and reduction of the number of passengers.  All this means costs for cruising would go up substantially.  The entire cruise model might have to change.