Suspension extended to 11 June

uktog

2 hours ago, blag said:

I am not sure where you got this info. As a British expat living in Italy, I am not aware of this! 

I was referencing the link that the mice gave in post #27. It was about Spain, but at the top of that article was a link regarding Italy. I clicked and read it and found that info under Italy’s phase 3.  I also said IF that comes to pass that would be significant.

4 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Conte announced steps to reopen Italy today.  Hotels, Bars and Restaurants to open on June 1st.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52435273

While opening a bit to residents is good it's still very restrictive. Italy won't be opening for any tourism until the end of the year. 

Italy to remain closed to tourism

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

While opening a bit to residents is good it's still very restrictive. Italy won't be opening for any tourism until the end of the year. 

Italy to remain closed to tourism

You are right that it is not yet the reopening of tourism. The European countries are being cautious on this and Germany is asking other European countries to have a common agreement on when the boarders should open again for tourism.

Ivi

7 hours ago, travelberlin said:

You are right that it is not yet the reopening of tourism. The European countries are being cautious on this and Germany is asking other European countries to have a common agreement on when the boarders should open again for tourism.

Ivi

Ivi, it will take some time. I'm not even sure when the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office will lift their advice against non essential international travel. I guess we will have more idea when an exit strategy for the crisis is discussed.  But I think travel will be curtailed for some time. Depressing, but necessary. 

Phil 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

NPR (National Public Radio] from the U.S. on 4/27.    You can see the article on the Internet.

Probably Fake News, I am sure it would have been more widely published if true.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2