Drink Package Price has decreased

Mariner of the Seas this August still at $69 a day (3 Night)

Oasis of the Seas this Sept down to $44 a day (7 Night)

Anthem of the Seas next Feb $77 a day (8 Night)

Edited by jbr5049
update

21 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

That's the problem. Desperate times for a company with junk bond status taking a $2,200,000,000 loan at 12%!!!!! That's 2.2 billion. Staggering. With zero revenue. Like Milwaukee Eight said above, he's not cancelling to repurchase... there is a chance you may never see one (or both) of those purchases back on to your credit card again.

Wouldn't you be able to dispute it on your credit card? I always thought Visa and Mastercard protect you from that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

That's the problem. Desperate times for a company with junk bond status taking a $2,200,000,000 loan at 12%!!!!! That's 2.2 billion. Staggering. With zero revenue. Like Milwaukee Eight said above, he's not cancelling to repurchase... there is a chance you may never see one (or both) of those purchases back on to your credit card again.

1 minute ago, jimvern1966 said:

Wouldn't you be able to dispute it on your credit card? I always thought Visa and Mastercard protect you from that.

I’d be calling Amex. 

3 minutes ago, jimvern1966 said:

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’d be calling Amex. 

So in the event of a bankruptcy 6 months after you chose to give cash to that said company, the credit card company will take the hit for you for the full amount? Can they recoup any $$$ when said company has zero dollars and/or are in Chapter11?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jbr5049 said:

Mariner of the Seas this August still at $69 a day (3 Night)

Oasis of the Seas this Sept down to $44 a day (7 Night)

Anthem of the Seas next Feb $77 a day (8 Night)

Mariner of the Seas 3 night 10/30 is $52

Mariner of the Seas September $52

Independence  of the Seas December $49

I noticed that other things dropped In price as well that haven’t budged in price for months. I haven’t seen my refund for an excursion I cancelled for the September trip last week yet. We are hoping the December trip happens, so I’ll take the gamble on purchases for that trip. Just will pay with Amex because they are great if you have a dispute. 

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I thought about it but willing to take the chance. I may get burned I may have saved some money. we will see.

It’s quite possible that cheaper package will cost you more.  I hope it doesn’t but I’m not willing to take the risk as my current package has long been paid for. 

17 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

FYI I canceled a drink package purchase last week on Wednesday, and I still haven't seen a refund.  I expect it will be lengthy if ever on most of these swaps.  

You would think this is automated. If one uses a debit card, it takes a bit longer. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s quite possible that cheaper package will cost you more.  I hope it doesn’t but I’m not willing to take the risk as my current package has long been paid for. 

Got mine for our October cruise but used OBC not "real" money.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

That's the hope.  It was a Debit Card initially.  The re-purchase was with a credit card incase they try any funny business

I would never use a debit card for online purchases anyway. Maybe if there was a fee to use a credit card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We found a glitch on 11/29 Oasis.  While the planner says from 44 a day, when you add it to your account, it comes to 726.88 instead of 616.00.  I prefer the other kind of glitch.  It’s either a glitch or just RCI math.  

$616 + 18% gratuity = $726

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First thing that I thought when I saw the $20/day drop for my sept Oasis sailing.  Do you think it's a coincidence that almost all of the price drops are for cruises listed for 2020 and none for 2021?  Question is, is it worth the $350 gamble (18% grats added)?

• Like 1

Our Oasis Dec 2020 dropped also. I called in because I don't drink and had already purchased the refreshment package months ago. To my surprise no wait time to talk to someone. He did ask if I drank I said "no" he said "no problem" and booked it. They must have different people working the lines for that than refunds.

• Like 1

Hello,

Have you guys successfully booked and paid for your drink/excursions etc from your cruise planner?

I've been trying for two days and it rejects all the email addresses (4) I put in even a brand new one that I put in as a dot com address?

Needless to shorex and customer service were less use than a chocolate teapot (you can eat the chocolate). Perhaps RCI doesn't need my money.

Regards,

Cublet