Drink Package Price has decreased

Cost for my October sailing (which I booked in October of last year) on Empress is currently $41/day. 

Here's the fine print.

*Offer applies to bookings made between April 21, 2020 – May 13, 2020 and before Booking Deadline stated in Cruise Planner, whichever is earlier. Offer applies to select sailings departing September 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020. Discount amount varies by amenity type. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. See amenity description for details.

• A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.
  • Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Can anyone tell me what brand of water is included in the Refreshment Package? 

Whatever RCI is buying at the time, which could be anything on the other side of the current situation.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Iamcruzin said:

This is why they should be baiting the 2021 bookings. They can hold on to the money longer. Offering it to bookings that will likely be canceled is only digging a deeper hole for refunds that already aren't happening. The 2021 bookings will jump on the low price because they don't know how long the pricing will last. As it gets closer to the sail date and when they are sure the sailings are a go they can raise the prices.

Agreed.  I'm currently booked for April 2021 and if the price were right, I'd totally jump on this.

Anyone have a good Canadian price?  Our Anthem cruise end of the year is on sale for $67.83 CAD which today translates to $48.48 USD.  Last week it was $47.....so depends on the current exchange (which is pretty awful).

The price for the deluxe bev package our Oasis cruise on Oct 25'th 2020 has gone way down. I think that chances are slim that this cruise will actually happen but I thought that I might purchase just in case. Does anyone know if I purchase this on a Gold type of CC I would be able to get a refund should RC go bankrupt?

Edited by Jcol5786
Missing info

4 hours ago, Jcol5786 said:

The price for the deluxe bev package our Oasis cruise on Oct 25'th 2020 has gone way down. I think that chances are slim that this cruise will actually happen but I thought that I might purchase just in case. Does anyone know if I purchase this on a Gold type of CC I would be able to get a refund should RC go bankrupt?

We are on Allure Presidents cruise on the sane day out of Barcelona and I saw $45 pppd for the package yesterday.  Can't see giving cash today for something that may refund or just turn into FCC.  At this point it does not even look like travel into Spain will be likely in October!

On 4/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, adidas5676 said:

Spoke with RCCL today, now they are saying 30-45 days for cruise planner refunds...who knows what that will turn into as it's ever changing...BEWARE of repricing...

I checked my credit card today and the refund has posted...though the date of refund shows April 26 it took until today to show.  But I did get refunded for my drink packages, photo package and an excursion.

I saw this post the other day, called RCL, and inquired about switching. They said to do it that I have to cancel and purchase. It was no real hassle other than having to wait for another refund. We are saving $300 with the new price and get internet now too. That is not the big deal though. Saving the $300 was. Now our total cruise price is under $1,000pp.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:04 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s quite possible that cheaper package will cost you more.  I hope it doesn’t but I’m not willing to take the risk as my current package has long been paid for. 

I told you I would let you know when we got our credit from the previous drink package purchase and we got it today. So it was a little more than 2 weeks ago that we cancelled and purchased the DDP at $41.  Unfortunately now we will probably end up losing it because we are trying to "Lift and Shift" our October cruise to November of 2021.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I told you I would let you know when we got our credit from the previous drink package purchase and we got it today. So it was a little more than 2 weeks ago that we cancelled and purchased the DDP at $41.  Unfortunately now we will probably end up losing it because we are trying to "Lift and Shift" our October cruise to November of 2021.

Thanks. That’s awesome 

• Like 1