Carnival Radiance- dry dock

Tjcalley

I read on a social media site that someone called Carnival and they confirmed that the dry dock was completed for this ship. I had a free moment at work just now and called and the rep said that it is scheduled to be completed in two days and that they did not stop working on the refurbishment. I am not sure if it is true but here is to hoping! Our sailing is December 5th, 2020. Now we just have to worry about this Virus!

1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If that were true, then why were the summer radiance sailings cancelled before other ny sailings? 

I’m just guessing but maybe because they were transatlantic and then NY sailings. I can’t imagine any cruise sailing from NY this year 

• Like 1

Radiance is still in SPain awaiting refurbishment.  Nor sure if it has resumed yet.  Im' guessing that played a major factor in the decision to cancel RAdiance cruise until Nov-to give time to finish the refurbishment.

baf

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

If that were true, then why were the summer radiance sailings cancelled before other ny sailings? 

In the letter from Carnival canceling my June Radiance cruise FROM Spain TO NY, they said it was canceled because the ship would not be completed in time. That was before the outbreak.

Anyone who is looking at what's going on in NY knows that cruising from this area is done for this season and beyond. Weather or not the Radiance is ready or not will not change that. Although it would be interesting to see the Radiance all done, I am skeptical this is accurate. It doesn't make a difference on any basis if it is or isn't. 

35 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Anyone who is looking at what's going on in NY knows that cruising from this area is done for this season and beyond. Weather or not the Radiance is ready or not will not change that. Although it would be interesting to see the Radiance all done, I am skeptical this is accurate. It doesn't make a difference on any basis if it is or isn't. 

Not all radiance cruises leave from New York.  Just some in the fall which have already been cancelled.  By the beginning of November she leaves from Canaveral.  Those cruises are on.

45 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Anyone who is looking at what's going on in NY knows that cruising from this area is done for this season and beyond.

If you are willing to jump ship, they is hope from other cruise lines that appears to be still scheduling cruises out of NY for this year. Norwegian is still offering NYC cruises from July and onwards, I am currently booked for a September cruise. Across the river, Royal is doing cruises out of their Cape Liberty cruise port from June and onward. So far, Princess cruises is still advertising their Fall Canada cruises out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

I am also from NYC and from what i seen in all of the various reports, we are slowly trending downwards on most of the numbers which is good. Recovery will be very slow and a lot can happen between now and the summer months

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, shof515 said:

If you are willing to jump ship, they is hope from other cruise lines that appears to be still scheduling cruises out of NY for this year. Norwegian is still offering NYC cruises from July and onwards, I am currently booked for a September cruise. Across the river, Royal is doing cruises out of their Cape Liberty cruise port from June and onward. So far, Princess cruises is still advertising their Fall Canada cruises out of the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

I am also from NYC and from what i seen in all of the various reports, we are slowly trending downwards on most of the numbers which is good. Recovery will be very slow and a lot can happen between now and the summer months

Those cruises from the NYC area are not happening and one would be extremely foolish to book a cruise from the NYC area especially in the summer.

51 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I like your positive feelings towards cruises but don’t see how it happens. Again we may see this a bit differently but I see the other lines following carnival as they won’t take the liability if a different company didn’t. It’s give credit to the fact that the risks are higher than they would like. 
Time  will tell - you could be right. 

4 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Someone on another social media site posted from the shipyard in Spain showing them working on the Radiance. Who knows how true it is or when the picture was taken. Our cruise is in December from Port Canaveral so there could still be a chance for this sailing 

1 hour ago, Tjcalley said:

Someone on another social media site posted from the shipyard in Spain showing them working on the Radiance. Who knows how true it is or when the picture was taken. Our cruise is in December from Port Canaveral so there could still be a chance for this sailing 

I would like to see it if its done as I would be interested to see if they did anything different than the sunshine from any of the feedback they got. It makes no person difference to me but with all the virus talk it would give us all something else to talk about

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

I would like to see it if its done as I would be interested to see if they did anything different than the sunshine from any of the feedback they got. It makes no person difference to me but with all the virus talk it would give us all something else to talk about

The ship is NOT DONE

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The ship is NOT DONE

I think on this one topic it makes no difference as its not sailing for about 4 months. 

I think there is more interest in Mardi Gras being finished in a timely manner 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stick93 said:

Agreed! It would be nice to speculate about other topics right now!

• Like 1

My December 5th sailing disappeared off the website. I did a mock booking last night to check for a price drop and there were cabins still available. Maybe they are just trying to limit capacity but probably not 😭 In a way kind of relieved because we wanted to so how other sailing fared before we went!

On 5/5/2020 at 11:10 AM, Tjcalley said:

There is a video circulating of Spain workers fumigating supplies before boarding carnival victory. So hopefully they will begin soon . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

John Heard said on 5/8/2020 that construction has not begun on the Radiance. I wonder if it will be finished. 

I wonder if they will start it or just decide not to. I think we would have plenty of time for our December 5th cruise if construction hasn't started yet. We are just hoping cruising has started up by then so we know what to expect. 

5 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

I wonder if they will start it or just decide not to. I think we would have plenty of time for our December 5th cruise if construction hasn't started yet. We are just hoping cruising has started up by then so we know what to expect. 

during the transatlantic crossing to the shipyard, the ship was already gutted out. there is no turning back now. they need to do all of the planned work on the ship

• Like 1