Bye Bye Molly

OMG, how will cruising fanatics carry on without Molly there?  I mean, the world just stopped.🙄

Maybe it's time to streamline operations across the board with Royal Caribbean's brands. They cut 25% of unnecessary waste, if you call C&A, you won't get her, you would have gotten a staff member working for Royal, besides they have people on the ships that can take care of your problems while on board.  

Life moves on, I am sure Molly has been looking for a job, seeing as they let go people a week ago. Maybe some of you all will see her on another cruise line, since you're interesting in booking your future cruise with them.  It's where she started with Royal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Very badly written letter, not clear if she was sacked, made redundant or resigned.
Why would you want to make a big announcement about the departure of one employee when you’ve got rid of 25%? 

And at times like this do you really want to diss your most loyal customers?  I think they got rid of the LCV loyalty team at Azamara too. 

I think the letter is unclear and vague about the departure because that is exactly how RCI wanted it to be. From that perspective it is very well written.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Maybe, if they keep C&A intact, the will transfer management of the program over to the IT department. 

Then we will have something like 20 drink vouchers loaded onto our seapasses daily.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think you may see the elimination of the all you can drink happy hours in the Diamog lounge. I see it going to just the 3 preloaded drinks on your seapass card during this period. Feet wise that would be a tremendous  savings for them going this route 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tony O said:

I think you may see the elimination of the all you can drink happy hours in the Diamog lounge. I see it going to just the 3 preloaded drinks on your seapass card during this period. Feet wise that would be a tremendous  savings for them going this route 

I was thinking the Diamond Lounges were going to be converted to Medical Facilities. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think the letter is unclear and vague about the departure because that is exactly how RCI wanted it to be. From that perspective it is very well written.

Right -- and sending out a veiled, opaque, well written missive to the top tier of clientele is at very best, counterproductive.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Right -- and sending out a veiled, opaque, well written missive to the top tier of clientele is at very best, counterproductive.  

I know at least two Pinnacles that didn’t receive the email (yesterday).  You’d think they would be the first to receive. 

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I agree. A communication that just leads to more uncertainty and speculation at this time is counterproductive.... except it has sparked the creation of a thread for us all to hang out on for awhile....😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I know at least two Pinnacles that didn’t receive the email (yesterday).  You’d think they would be the first to receive. 

here's 2 more, we didn't get this email either. We turned Pinnacle in January and haven't been able to sail since. Blame this mess on us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here's a third.  But then I don't get any e-mails from RCCL.

Since Molly was a fairly new hire (less than a year)...perhaps RCI is just starting the furlough procedure with the higher paid corporate types that have the least seniority?   An awful lot of employees are losing their jobs (everywhere) since they are sitting idle ...which means they are no longer generating income for their company due to the position they held.  

Look at Disney.  

And yes...I got the email last night.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1