Sky Suite Deck 12 and Le Petit Chef

Nimbet

I booked a guaranteed suite because with the military discount was so good. At this time the only Sky Suites left are Deck 12 under the buffet and Oceanview Bar. Has anyone experienced these cabins and are they doable or awful? Also, has anyone been to the Le Petit Chef? Is it worth it? I read that the food wasn’t the same quality as the other specialty restaurants and for $55pp I want the food to be very good as well. Thank you.

I can't comment on the Sky Suite, but can comment on Le Petit Chef.  It was a one-and-done for us.  The technology was pretty cool, but, the pacing of the meal is so slow and, while the food was fine, it is certainly not up to the quality of what we found at other specialty restaurants.  My feelings are probably influenced by the fact, that, on the night we attended, even though they had left a card in our room asking us to arrive 15 minutes prior to the stated seating time, many guests arrived late and they held the start of the meal by 20 minutes . . . they also ran out of dessert at the end of the meal and I don't know how that happens when you only serve one dessert and you know exactly how many guests you have seated for dinner.  Anyway, unless you absolutely have to see the projection show, I would save your money and spend it elsewhere.  This experience is not about the food.

The majority of the Sky Suites are on Deck 12 so with a guarantee your odds of being on deck 12 are very  high.  Our first suite was compliments of the upgrade fairy ( she is no longer around) and we were concerned about noise from the OV so I brought earplugs.  We didn’t need them, during the day we heard carts rolling overhead which sounded like thunder but nothing at night.  
I would suggest you bring earplugs as some suites experience more noise in the early morning hours than others. 

The original LPC has, in our opinion the better menu, but it is a timed meal, everyone has salad at the same time, then entree. Not a relaxed special meal but the original animation is cute.  We have done both versions/menus and would not repeat or do a 3rd, 4th etc version.

Edited by jelayne
Additions

Have stayed multiple times in a ss on deck 12.  No problem.  Loved it.  We also enjoy Le Petit chef and we go a least once on each Celebrity ship that has it available.  A fun evening.

My only comment is that if you have a guarantee ss, you might get a handicapped cabin.  The cabin is perfect for somebody in a wheel chair- but not so for a person who isn't.  We had it once and the sink is very low, the bathroom has a wheel in shower and the  entire bathroom floor get very wet after a shower.  So while big- not ideal.  The cabin is larger however.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Nimbet said:

Also, has anyone been to the Le Petit Chef? Is it worth it? I read that the food wasn’t the same quality as the other specialty restaurants and for $55pp I want the food to be very good as well. Thank you.

We enjoy LPC very much.  We book at least one night each cruise.  On more than a seven night cruise, there are two menus.  We like the menu with the filet and lobster.  It has always been a very nice experience for us.  😊

We really enjoyed the LPC experience and I would highly recommend it.  But I would not pay $55 pp.  I suggest you wait until you get on the ship and hold out for a significant discount.  
I have stayed in a Sky Suite on deck 12 numerous times.  Some locations are better than other locations, but I never had one that was a bad experience.  Our favorites are the corner Aft SS1s, but you will not likely get one of those with a guarantee.   It is always possible.

Good luck.

I sure appreciate the feedback from everyone. I am no longer concerned about a cabin on Deck 12. I didn’t realize the price at Le Petit may come down once on ship. Thank you for that information. 

For me I liked LPC with the steak and lobster menu.  I was not a fan of the other menu.  The show is good the first time.  After that it kind of loses it's novelty.  You can get better pricing in the specialty restaurants by purchasing a package.  IMHO Muranos is the best restaurant.  Tuscan has a nice view out the back.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Thanks 1

No advice re Sky Suites.

Our first visit to Le Petit Chef was great fun, we giggled like children and the food was very nice although I would describe it as fun rather than fine dining!

Our second visit Le Petit Chef and Friends was less enjoyable. We also had the experience of arriving early and then waiting for ages for the ‘show’ to start. Obviously the initial novelty wasn’t there, nor was the menu as good. 

I guess my advice would be give it a go! Find our which nights have the original menu and enjoy. We probably won’t do it next cruise but may in a while...

LOVE the corner aft SS on deck 12.  Yes, you do hear some noise from above if you listen....carefully.  LOL I usually heard it in the morning while lounging in bed.  Breakfast from the buffet above...but nothing to make me not book this location again.  LOVE being right down the hall from the pool, perfect when we have my mom with us.  The overhang on deck 12 is nice as you can sit outside in all the weather.  Have super fun!

18 hours ago, SraLiz said:

LOVE the corner aft SS on deck 12.  Yes, you do hear some noise from above if you listen....carefully.  LOL I usually heard it in the morning while lounging in bed.  Breakfast from the buffet above...but nothing to make me not book this location again.  LOVE being right down the hall from the pool, perfect when we have my mom with us.  The overhang on deck 12 is nice as you can sit outside in all the weather.  Have super fun!

We had an SS on deck twelve and had soot daily all over our balcony.  We couldn't leave anything on the Balcony.  Also much too sunny most of the day to enjoy.  We also had a window washing basket in front of our side window everyday. 

We wouldn't book a corner ss again.  Not sure if the CC cabins also had a similar problem.