Favorite Menu Items for Paid Dinners at Cucina del Capitano

Luvsnorkeling

I like the pork chop. They call it something else on the menu. You have to read the description to find out it’s a pork chop.

If you go to this link and scroll down to dinner time I have a picture of it as well as the calamari, spaghetti and the dessert Colorado cruzer mentioned.

https://saintgregtravel.com/christmas-magic-1st-sea-day/

Some more pics here. This one has the meatball, spaghetti, sea bass and the apple pie like dessert.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-2nd-sea-day/

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tampa Bay Irish said:

I was underwhelmed by Cucina del Capitano. JiJi’s Asian restaurant is much, much better. 

I would rather eat at JiJi twice than Cucina once. But OP very well may not be on a ship that has JiJi. I’ll be going to Cucina on Magic since there is no JiJi.

We have been to both on the Sunshine. Both restaurants are very good for the $15 pp upcharge. I love the bone in pork chop at Cucina and the pork belly at JiJi.  Depends if you like Italian or Asian food.

Have never dined there from the $15 paid menu. What are some of your favorite appetizers, entrees or desserts? Thanks!

We found everything good and we went 5 times on a 7 day cruise and we met a couple of families that went there every night, the service is fabulous and the price can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

The bread is fabulous.... I had the pork chop.  Next cruise I have 2 nights set aside for Cucina del Capitano.

It is a very small venue (as is JiJi) and the service is impeccable at both.

A small bottle of Chianti is reasonably priced, too.  

David

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Love love love Cucina!

The bread is great, the eggplant app delicious, chicken parm main was FANTASTIC. Oh my.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

chicken parm is what I’m planning on trying next time.

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

chicken parm is what I’m planning on trying next time.

Their chicken parm was my favorite. My wife did not like it as much because the cutlet was to thin 

34 minutes ago, matymil said:

Their chicken parm was my favorite. My wife did not like it as much because the cutlet was to thin 

I just want to be able to sit there and say Chicken Parm you taste so good.

19 hours ago, MalleyCat said:

We've never gone to the Cucina, but (hopefully) will be in September. I know you get appetizer, main and dessert for the $15 charge, but how do the sides work? 

We had an order of fingerling potatoes that could have fed 3-4 people.  The first time we went we had an order of fettucine alfredo that we split as a side dish.  Favorite entree is the Tomahawk Pork Chop.

Their bread- YUMM!!!!

I love the arancini app... 

For my main meal I usually have the chicken parm. I tried the meatballs but found them underwhelming...

Not crazy about any of their desserts, so I usually skip it and head to the buffet to see what they have... fallback plan is softserve ice cream from the Lido deck.