SS Future Re-Open Plan: Timing, Testing Needs??!!

TLCOhio

4 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

The Asian/China market continues to be a huge "Mystery Meat" question for cruise executives to consider

Very true.  I have lost count of the number of purposely new builds that were destined for the Asia/China/Japan market.  Royal Caribbean's new Wonder of the Seas is the latest of that breed.  I am not going to blame the oversupply in the cruise industry on the failure of the Asia/China/Japan market to develop as anticipated, but, that failure has not helped the cruise industry's current problems.  

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have lost count of the number of purposely new builds that were destined for the Asia/China/Japan market.  Royal Caribbean's new Wonder of the Seas is the latest of that breed.  I am not going to blame the oversupply in the cruise industry on the failure of the Asia/China/Japan market to develop as anticipated, but, that failure has not helped the cruise industry's current problems.  

Part of my reason for making a remark on the "Mystery Meat" reference was to the cruising challenges involving and/or in and around parts of Asia was because of their difficulties in how they have dealt with Covid.  .Around the world, the cruise company executives have had many different issues to consider and manage.   It has been and continues to be a "rocky ride" through choppy waters.    

From a key trade publication this morning, they had this headline: The CDC Is Reevaluating Testing for Cruise Ships, Are Changes Coming?" with this sub-headline: "The CDC has confirmed that it's reevaluating testing requirements for cruise ships and compares with other forms of travel.

Here are some of their story highlights:It has been a week since the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) dropped the requirement for international travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test before flying into the United States, yet no progress has yet been made on a similar stricture being dropped for cruise travelers.  How is cruise travel different, and what options may be available to ease testing requirements for cruise travelers? The CDC has stated that the situation is being reevaluated and changes may soon be forthcoming.

This is added background cited: "In a statement provided to Cruise Hive, the CDC discussed the dramatic differences between cruise travel and air travel, as well as other forms of recreational travel and popular destinations.  'Unlike airplanes and other travel settings, cruise ships are congregate residential settings with high risk of secondary transmission of COVID-19 among passengers and crew,' the statement reads. 'Traveling on a cruise ship involves thousands of people living for multiple days (or months for crew) within the same setting, eating, sleeping, and participating in activities together in one location.' Yet, the statement fails to recognize that cruise ships are also more easily controlled environments, able to quickly isolate and track passengers if symptoms of illness appear, and quickly able to react with enhanced cleaning protocols, activity changes, and other responses as needed."

Interesting debate and question?  What happens next and when?

Full story at:

https://www.cruisehive.com/the-cdc-is-reevaluating-testing-for-cruise-ships/74496

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

From late 2018, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East. Now at 20,912 views.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

• Thanks 1

Thank you Terry! Crossing all my fingers they drop pre-cruise testing for Alaska as soon as possible!x

Though I agree with you re Asia - our next cruise was supposed to be to Japan in a couple of years time, but the way the Japanese Govt are treating western tourists as pariahs, not to be allowed to roam (even with a test!) has put us completely off going there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you Terry! Crossing all my fingers they drop pre-cruise testing for Alaska as soon as possible!x

Though I agree with you re Asia - our next cruise was supposed to be to Japan in a couple of years time, but the way the Japanese Govt are treating western tourists as pariahs, not to be allowed to roam (even with a test!) has put us completely off going there.

One of the destinations/itineraries we considered in our recent burst of interest and booking a cruise was Asia.  Of the seven or eight cruises we considered that was the first one dropped from consideration.   Sad but too much uncertainty.  Still on the bucket list but way down the list for the time being.   I suppose since we settled on the Caribbean we took the path of least resistance but for a change we focused more on relaxation than destination.   With 300+ days in Caribbean it’s not like we haven’t been there done that.  Helped we booked the Silver Dawn which will be our first on a “Muse” class ship having only previously been on either the Wind and Spirit for 100+ days.

3 hours ago, worldtraveller99 said:

Thank you Terry!   Crossing all my fingers they drop pre-cruise testing for Alaska as soon as possible!  Though I agree with you re Asia - our next cruise was supposed to be to Japan in a couple of years time, but the way the Japanese Govt are treating western tourists as pariahs, not to be allowed to roam (even with a test!) has put us completely off going there.

Great additional background, comments and follow-ups above from our London friend, plus from Randy.  Between China and Japan, there have many different challenges there limiting what can happen with cruises in that region.   

From the London/UK Daily Mail three days ago, they had this headline: What cost of living crisis? World cruise for 2025 with fares starting at £69,000 sells out BEFORE officially opening for bookings with these highlights:For the fourth year running, a world cruise by Regent Seven Seas Cruises has sold out in record time, with the sailing being completely reserved prior to officially opening for bookings on June 15, 2022.  It underscores how for some the cost of living crisis is something that is happening to other people.   The 2025 sailing, which at 150 nights is the longest in Regent's history, had fares starting from £69,389 ($85,000) per guest for a Deluxe Veranda Suite, and £191,949 ($237,000) per guest for the 'indulgent luxury' of a Master Suite. The global cruise, on the Seven Seas Mariner, has been reserved by 'loyal past guests' as well as over a third of guests who will be new to Regent's ‘unrivalled experience’.

Is this a tangible sign for those seeking a return to "normal" for cruise lines??  Clearly, there is a segment of the cruise faithful where neither financial and/or health questions limit their future optimism.  Good news? 

Full story at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-10924023/World-cruise-2025-fares-starting-69-000-sells-bookings-open.html

Summer 2019 Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks, Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Muse, post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.  Many visuals and details from our first in these scenic areas!  Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

5 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

Clearly, there is a segment of the cruise faithful where neither financial and/or health questions limit their future optimism.  Good news? 

Good news?  Remains to be seen.  But, if my thinking about the financial ability of some who have the means to cruise choose to do so is correct, regardless of the economic conditions around them, it is good news.  Throw in the wild card of possible health restrictions?  I am not so sure.  I am sure, based on what I read on CC's message boards, that there are those who have the financial means to cruise, but, remain reluctant to do so because of the current restrictions.  I think  ARRIVcan is bureaucratic nonsense.   There is no good reason for it.  I won't travel to Canada until that is eliminated.  Also, the requirements that crew on the ships need to wear masks.  No, that does not approach a normal cruise atmosphere for me.  I am not spending money to "try to enjoy" such an experience.  

• Like 3

On 6/19/2022 at 6:38 PM, rkacruiser said:

Good news?  Remains to be seen.  But, if my thinking about the financial ability of some who have the means to cruise choose to do so is correct, regardless of the economic conditions around them, it is good news.  Throw in the wild card of possible health restrictions?  I am not so sure.  I am sure, based on what I read on CC's message boards, that there are those who have the financial means to cruise, but, remain reluctant to do so because of the current restrictions.

Yes, there are a variety of economic and health considerations as people, cruises, airlines, etc., seek to move back towards some form of "normal".  While my wife is not ready to get back on a cruise ship, yet, I did get her to agree to do a land adventure through Tauck for the Canada Maritime Provinces/areas of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc.  Any tips, experiences and suggestions to share for there?  Appreciate these continued very good comments and follow-ups.  

Things still being challenged?  Here's an added sample from the Wall Street Journal this morning.  They had this headline: Airports Around the World Battle Long Lines, Canceled Flights" with this sub-headline: "Sydney Airport is helping recruit thousands to fill jobs at Qantas, and McDonald’s, as the aviation industry struggles with surging demand, labor shortages.

Here are some of their story highlights:Delays, cancellations, long lines and lost baggage are plaguing air travel world-wide, as airlines and airports struggle with soaring summer demand and staff shortfalls.  London’s Gatwick Airport has told airlines to cut back on inbound flights as it struggles with staff shortages and canceled flights. Over a four-day weekend celebrating Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee earlier this month, lines of passengers waiting to check in stretched out of the terminal. Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport is limiting the number of passengers allowed inside, asking travelers not to show up more than four hours before their flights. It is also warning them to wear comfortable shoes for the hourslong wait once inside.  The two airports—both gateways for European vacations this summer—are struggling, like the rest of the industry, with chronic staff shortages.  At Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, Canada’s busiest, staffing shortages in security and at customs and immigration have caused delays and lines. Airport officials are bracing for the disruptions to last into the fall, forecasting that pent-up demand for travel won’t let up.  The global industry has been battling to keep up as other governments have dropped or minimized Covid-era travel restrictions. The subsequent demand for flying, especially during the summer, has taken airlines and airports by surprise, executives say.

Full story at:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/airports-around-the-world-battle-long-lines-canceled-flights-11655818127?page=1

Early 2020 (right before Covid shut-down), many visuals and details from New Zealand/South Pacific in going from Auckland to French Polynesia.  This includes Bora Bora, Fiji, NZ experiences, etc:  Live/blog;

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2735732-live-terryohio-“new”-regatta-south-pacificnz-pix’s/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

The subsequent demand for flying, especially during the summer, has taken airlines and airports by surprise, executives say.

But, wasn''t some of the billions thrown by the Federal Government at the airlines to help keep them aloft supposed to be used to help them prepare for a resumption of travel demand?  If so, how was that money used?  

6 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

I did get her to agree to do a land adventure through Tauck for the Canada Maritime Provinces/areas of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island, etc.  Any tips, experiences and suggestions to share for there?

Tauck is an excellent company for a land tour.  Suggestions:  Halifax--a visit to the Cemetery where some of the Titanic's victims are buried, a visit to their Maritime Museum, a visit to Pier 21--the Canadian Immigration Museum, a visit to HMCS Sackville (the last remaining Flower Class WW II corvette), and a walk along the waterfront's boardwalk.  

Prince Edward Island--a lunch of PEI Mussels and a visit to the Provincial Capitol.

The island tour around Cape Breton Island:  maybe that is already part of your tour?  

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

But, wasn''t some of the billions thrown by the Federal Government at the airlines to help keep them aloft supposed to be used to help them prepare for a resumption of travel demand?  If so, how was that money used?

The federal support was so airlines could keep flying, and pay employees who would otherwise have been laid, off during 2020 when traffic dropped to about 10% of normal levels. It was not designed to, nor sufficient to, allow them to maintain 100% full employment over two years so they'd be fully staffed if/when travel demand ramped fully back up. And the aid to airlines didn't extend to other parties like airport workers, food suppliers, etc. who are all part of the airline ecosystem.

Here's an article from the Washington Post from December which gives some of the financial background on the airline bailout.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

But, wasn'’t some of the billions thrown by the Federal Government at the airlines to help keep them aloft supposed to be used to help them prepare for a resumption of travel demand?

Just a mere $50B in the U.S.

Edited by Stumblefoot

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Just a mere $50B in the U.S.

To quote former US Senator Everett Dirksen, updated to account for inflation: "50 billion here, 50 billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money." 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, worldtraveller99 said:

I hope they work harder to get rid of pre-cruise testing.

We have just returned home from a two week river cruise on Scenic. They have dropped all pre cruise testing requirements and only test pax on board who report themselves as being sick. It was an interesting look at what ocean cruising might look and feel like if pre cruise testing is dropped there.

Pros and Cons.

It was really nice not to worry about a test cancelling our trip.

The rule change for testing on return to the US happened during our cruise... a second wave of relief.

However, by the second week there was a lot of heavy coughing around the ship and it did not seem that many people were getting tested. It may not yet be time to drop some restrictions.

Thank you CJANDH. I am still not convinced that a pre-cruise test stops people catching a cough (COVID) as we go along. So long as it's just a few days of a cough, that could have happened in the past anyway. 

But stopping every passenger having to pay for a test saves a lot of money and time.

22 hours ago, CJANDH said:

We have just returned home from a two week river cruise on Scenic. They have dropped all pre cruise testing requirements and only test pax on board who report themselves as being sick. It was an interesting look at what ocean cruising might look and feel like if pre cruise testing is dropped there.

Pros and Cons.

It was really nice not to worry about a test cancelling our trip.

The rule change for testing on return to the US happened during our cruise... a second wave of relief.

However, by the second week there was a lot of heavy coughing around the ship and it did not seem that many people were getting tested. It may not yet be time to drop some restrictions.

Most people who cough (both before and during the pandemic) do not have Covid.  There are many, many  reasons for coughing that aren't even infectious (and even if they are, people recover).  We just notice them more these days because most of us worry about getting Covid and getting banned and quarantined (and some, a minority who still cruise as opposed to staying home,  worry about getting hospitalized). 

How was the Scenic voyage otherwise?  I considered them in the past, but then was deterred by their non-refundable deposit, the way they crudely handled river cruise pax a few years ago when river water levels changed, and the lack of communication they showed when my TA had tried to book a cruise for me pre-Covid (they were reportedly rude and very difficult to deal with out of U.S. in her encounter)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

How was the Scenic voyage otherwise?  I considered them in the past, but then was deterred by their non-refundable deposit, the way they crudely handled river cruise pax a few years ago when river water levels changed, and the lack of communication they showed when my TA had tried to book a cruise for me pre-Covid (they were reportedly rude and very difficult to deal with out of U.S. in her encounter)

There are two Scenics: Headquarters and Cruise Staff.

HQ is awful. VERY poor communication, difficult to find anyone to talk to without hours on hold; inaccurate invoicing, and on and on.

The Cruise Staff are wonderful. All our transfers and our hotel stay were handled efficiently. Once on board the ship the crew were friendly, attentive and good at their jobs. The food was acceptable and the drinks flowed freely; the suite was very comfortable. The excursions were about standard for river cruises, but well organized. Overall, we had a good time. But I doubt we will book with Scenic again as the whole booking process and lack of communication was frustrating.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago,  wineasmusic said: 
Unfortunately, fuel and food costs are going to cause uprisings in many developing countries this summer, a bit like back in the Arab Spring.  Some of these will bring down governments and be very violent.  With any luck they can get you in and out avoiding the problem areas.

Sad, but true!!??  Appreciate this great perspective above and these wise comments regarding the situation in Ecuador and in other parts of the world that was posted on another SS CC Board thread.   thought it would be of value to share here.  As we seek to do the Galapagos Islands in the future, I will need to do more research as to what is happening, why and how in Ecuador now and in the months ahead.  

Agree that the "tensions" will be happening and creating headline around the world in the next year or two (or, three?).  In most cases, as was cited in Greece, it hopefully will not be wide-spread, nor creating disruptions to travel plans.  

The world is challenging and not all is easy and simple.  Good luck to all seeking to explore internationally.  Am sharing here as an important viewpoint and history as cruise lines seeking to keep moving towards some future form of "normal".  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio 

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 254,955 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• Like 1

It's very difficult Terry. We do watch for riots etc in places we hope to visit (eg Chile, maybe Sri Lanka one day), and if you are like me and like to book a long way in advance (I have already booked us to see the Eclipse in 2024) then a sudden uprising after you have booked is very worrying.

So for the next couple of years we will stay with North America and Western Europe - hopefully safe there. Of course developing countries need tourism money, so very sad.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:28 PM, CJANDH said:

Pros and Cons.  It was really nice not to worry about a test cancelling our trip.  The rule change for testing on return to the US happened during our cruise... a second wave of relief.

Appreciate this additional information, experience, comments and follow-ups from our South Carolina friend.  Very interesting and helpful.  Great sharing!!

From Yahoo News this morning, they had this headline: TSA screens record number of passengers despite increasing delays, cancellations with these highlights:Plenty of families are still dealing with flight delays and cancellations at airports across the country, including right here in Charlotte.   Airlines say they’re struggling with staffing shortages, schedule meltdowns, traffic control issues and severe weather at many of their destinations.  Still, travel site Hopper says flight cancellations jumped 34% in the last month.  But despite the issues, passengers are packing planes. Last weekend, the TSA says it screened more people than any other weekend since the start of the pandemic.  We could be on track for the same this weekend.  'Travelers are willing to pay more and they’re willing to face potential disruptions because they really want to go on these trips that they’ve put off, in many cases, for two years,' said Haley Berg, an economist with Hopper.

Slowly, maybe and hopefully, things are starting and continuing to move back to "normal".  Good to see this specific about airports numbers growing and getting higher and higher.  A positive sign?

Full story at:

https://news.yahoo.com/tsa-screens-record-number-passengers-110655182.html

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 244,509 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, rkacruiser said:

Tauck is an excellent company for a land tour.  Suggestions:  Halifax--a visit to the Cemetery where some of the Titanic's victims are buried, a visit to their Maritime Museum, a visit to Pier 21--the Canadian Immigration Museum, a visit to HMCS Sackville (the last remaining Flower Class WW II corvette), and a walk along the waterfront's boardwalk.  Prince Edward Island--a lunch of PEI Mussels and a visit to the Provincial Capitol.  The island tour around Cape Breton Island:  maybe that is already part of your tour?  

Appreciate these excellent suggestions and follow-ups regarding our upcoming land adventure to Canada's Maritime Provences.  Look forward to any and all added ideas, tips, insights, etc.  Keep it coming!!  From many different friends, we have heard great comments about Tauck.  Hopefully, it will work well for us.  

In doing a "bus/coach tour", there are pro/con factors versus doing a cruise.  On cruises, we love the important "unpack just once" factor.  BUT, with cruises in most cases, your time in a port or city is limited, especially in missing most of the evening opportunities.  Looking forward to exploring via this option.

AND, as a person who loves seafood (especially mussels), I am looking forward to all of the fresh dining treats and tasty adventures.   

Sydney to NZ/Auckland Adventure, live/blog 2014 sampling/details with many exciting visuals and key highlights.  On page 23, post #571, see a complete index for all of the pictures, postings.  Now at 237,747 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

• Like 1

From the London/UK Evening Standard and MSN News this morning, they had this headline: Dropping Covid travel rules led to surge in overseas visitors, stats show with these highlights: “Scrapping coronavirus travel rules led to a 27-fold year-on-year increase in the number of overseas residents visiting the UK, new figures suggest. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said 2.1 million inbound visits were made in April, up from 81,000 during the same month last year.  Spending by overseas residents in April hit £1.7 billion, 14 times more than in April 2021.  This is a major boost for the UK’s tourism sector, which has been badly affected by the virus crisis.  But despite the increase in visits, the total was a third below pre-pandemic levels, with 3.2 million recorded in April 2019.

Good news as we all seek a return closer to "normal"??

Full story at:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/dropping-covid-travel-rules-led-to-surge-in-overseas-visitors-stats-show/ar-AAYPfiZ?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!  Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture.  This posting is now at 96,271 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

7 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

as a person who loves seafood (especially mussels), I am looking forward to all of the fresh dining treats and tasty adventures.

You will have many opportunities for that!  Mussels and a LaBatt's!  With some garlic bread to soak up the broth!  I wish I was in Charlottetown right now!  

On 6/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, rkacruiser said:

You will have many opportunities for that!  Mussels and a LaBatt's!  With some garlic bread to soak up the broth!  I wish I was in Charlottetown right now!  

YES!!  Love garlic bread to soak up that excellent broth with mussels.  And, Canada beer, too!!  Very tasty and exciting.  Keep sharing the great tips and suggestion for doing the Canada Maritime region in late August  All paid up as of yesterday for this trip with Tauck  

From the Wall Street Journal this morning, they had this headline: New Covid Vaccines Targeting Variants Are Weighed for Fall Booster Campaign" with this sub-headline: "FDA advisers to consider recommending shots updated for Omicron or possibly sticking with original formulations.

Here are some of their reporting highlights:Advisers to U.S. health regulators are set to meet Tuesday to consider whether and how Covid-19 vaccines should be updated to better target circulating variants of the coronavirus, in preparation for a fall booster-shot campaign.  The advisory panel to the Food and Drug Administration, which includes doctors and public-health specialists, is expected to vote later in the day on whether to recommend updating Covid-19 vaccines to target the Omicron variant.  The options for a fall booster shot include sticking with current vaccines or using updated, Omicron-targeted vaccines that have shown promise in clinical studies. Another option: Use boosters that target more recent Omicron subvariants, including BA. 4 and BA. 5, but which haven’t been tested in people.

After having the two Moderna vaccine shots, plus being double-boosted, we might have thought and hoped that we were "DONE".  But, we are not finished with the shots and vaccines.  More options to consider as Covid has its variations, medical twists and turns.  Are you tired of this by now?  What, however, are our alternatives?  

Full story at:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-covid-vaccines-targeting-variants-are-weighed-for-fall-booster-campaign-11656414001?mod=hp_lead_pos13

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 70,063 views:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

".. . .

After having the two Moderna vaccine shots, plus being double-boosted, we might have thought and hoped that we were "DONE".  But, we are not finished with the shots and vaccines.  More options to consider as Covid has its variations, medical twists and turns.  Are you tired of this by now?  What, however, are our alternatives?  . . . "

The alternatives are to push governments, cruise lines, and others to note that despite the fact that " Scrapping coronavirus travel rules led to a 27-fold year-on-year increase in the number of overseas residents visiting the UK," there has not been a 27-fold increase in hospitalizations (at least not yet)..

BTW, doesn't a land tour with Tauck still  *require* being up to date on whatever the vaccine combination push of the day is?  Plus, don't you still have to wear a mask on the bus regardless of vaccine update status?  

Not much real pro and con here.  We do what we are told if we want to cruise and put up with it (with minor variations),  we stay home, or we drive,  maskless (though I see many people driving solo in my area, wearing masks) -- within our own country. 

DH had a bad reaction to the first booster (i.e., shot #3), was sick in bed for a week.  So our choice is to wait until #4 (or a new version) is absolutely *required* to cruise, and meanwhile (due to ongoing quarantine risks and masks-on-buses-and-some-planes requirements, which we both struggle with) our cruising is half as much as we had in mind. 

2 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

RCL President Bayley on Covid tests & vaccines going forward.  I'm not sure on the timing.

"I think pre-cruise testing is going to be around for another couple of months," Bayley said. "We obviously want it to go back to normal, but we're incredibly cognizant of our responsibilities to keep our crew, the communities and our guests safe."

Bayley was less hopeful about the end of vaccinations, according to the blog, which has no connection to Royal Caribbean.

"The no vaccine question is is a huge question that none of us know the answer to," he said. "I'm skeptical that's going to change in the in the real short term. Many and most of the destinations that we visit require a high degree of vaccination, and they expect our crew to be vaccinated."

https://www.thestreet.com/investing/royal-caribbean-covid-testing-vaccine-rules

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

But, we are not finished with the shots and vaccines.  More options to consider as Covid has its variations, medical twists and turns.  Are you tired of this by now

No, I am not.  As long as the vaccines are available and its recommended that I get another shot, I will do so.  Getting a shot for whatever disease is no biggie.  It's a whole lot better than having to jump through some of the other hoops that one has to do in order to travel.  

• Like 1