Today I filed a non fradulent dispute against NCL

seaman11

Today I filed a non fraudulent dispute with my bank , since i have had 2 cancelled cruises by NCL and they have been telling me they cant find all my FCC's. They may "trickle in"  and im not talking about separate transactions like tips or packages. , just the main one for the cruise total. 

Very sad as they are in need of customers rebooking to keep money in house. However they are not doing the smart thing by making sure the customers feel confident about rebooking by moving their credits to the account., I will sail this year but may not be with NCL . I still have a deposit left on the sept cruise i may leave. However I am not impressed by the system and how they are going about these things. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Hell just froze over ....but I would probably go the same route as of now . 

They have left me no alternative, they have left my keister blowing in the wind ,  so to speak. 

Iv contacted them 4 separate times to resolve this matter, how can anyone feel confident in them if they cant even look up what you paid and apply it to a future cruise?  For what seems like a cash strapped company they are making several missteps .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Hell just froze over ....

My sentiments, exactly..

I'd already come to grips with the idea of losing the money I'd paid for my Dawn cruise, end of Mar. and have no problem accepting that which has been made abundantly clear from very early on.... top brass of NCL, IMO, only care about their bottom line, not the cruise line's financial stability.  

So, NCL folds, and I have to figure out a better way of spending my money and my vacation time.  So be it... I'll survive. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

My sentiments, exactly..

I'd already come to grips with the idea of losing the money I'd paid for my Dawn cruise, end of Mar. and have no problem accepting that which has been made abundantly clear from very early on.... top brass of NCL, IMO, only care about their bottom line, not the cruise line's financial stability.  

So, NCL folds, and I have to figure out a better way of spending my money and my vacation time.  So be it... I'll survive. 

its really a shame , it could be they are not caring about the future.  I really felt it was a great line. Bad upper management i guess, they are not thinking by pissing off pax ,you could lose them forever. 

• Like 2

Seaman 11, I’ve enjoyed our banter over the last few weeks, you were so positive about ports opening.

Anyway stay save and well, you will get there with patience, money & 🚢 cruise

cheers

🍺

• Like 3

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

its really a shame , it could be they are not caring about the future.  I really felt it was a great line. Bad upper management i guess, they are not thinking by pissing off pax ,you could lose them forever. 

We've had our share of differences but I'm sorry NCL hasn't done right by you. My advice for EVERYONE has always been to look at all the facts, not just with regard to the particular cruise line you have a cruise with, but all the facts surrounding this global pandemic and take things one step at a time. Too many people wanted to jump right back in without taking a breath. I get that people want to cruise, like I've said I had six cruises booked for this year and I went on a cruise the beginning of March, but this pandemic is unlike what anyone has witnessed in our current lifetimes. 

Even with Carnival stating that they WANT to restart on August 1st they have not articulated to their customers exactly what they are planning to do yet in response to the virus. There's a thread on the Norwegian Board by a cruiser that says he would be very upset if  Norwegian is going to tell him where he can and can't go onboard a ship, mandate he wears a mask, close off certain venues,etc. But guess what? All cruise lines will have to do exactly that in order to get authorization to sail. That's why I always suggest people wait until they see what are the steps the cruise lines are taking in response to the virus before you rebook your cruise. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

YOu're not alone as far as feeling NCL is/was a great line.  I loved that staff, the style, the itins., however, I've questioned the brass and they seem to operate for a while.  It is sad, no doubt about it. 

However, I will say this, it could all be for show... poor little cruise line... we must all pity them .... 

• Like 2

I also feel quite bad for all the rank and file staff.   I never worry about executives at large companies whose biggest concern is if they have to delay their next luxury purchase due to COVID-19.  

Seems like a high chance my money / cruise is gone forever (never got to go on my first cruise!), but it was vacation money and considering some folks can't even afford food or medicine, I'm humbled by the whole situation.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We've had our share of differences but I'm sorry NCL hasn't done right by you. My advice for EVERYONE has always been to look at all the facts, not just with regard to the particular cruise line you have a cruise with, but all the facts surrounding this global pandemic and take things one step at a time. Too many people wanted to jump right back in without taking a breath. I get that people want to cruise, like I've said I had six cruises booked for this year and I went on a cruise the beginning of March, but this pandemic is unlike what anyone has witnessed in our current lifetimes. 

Even with Carnival stating that they WANT to restart on August 1st they have not articulated to their customers exactly what they are planning to do yet in response to the virus. There's a thread on the Norwegian Board by a cruiser that says he would be very upset if  Norwegian is going to tell him where he can and can't go onboard a ship, mandate he wears a mask, close off certain venues,etc. But guess what? All cruise lines will have to do exactly that in order to get authorization to sail. That's why I always suggest people wait until they see what are the steps the cruise lines are taking in response to the virus before you rebook your cruise. 

i wish i booked and went in march , to get it out of my system, but intead i booked april instead and missed out, my last cruise was in august of 2019. so a year possibly more without cruising has me wanting to go badly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

i wish i booked and went in march , to get it out of my system, but intead i booked april instead and missed out, my last cruise was in august of 2019. so a year possibly more without cruising has me wanting to go badly. 

We booked in March and still got cancelled so don’t beat yourself up.  Our last cruise was June 2019, very unusual for us to have such a long spread, but we have big regrets about not going over last Christmas.  Ugh.  And now, we just got cancelled by CCL for this summer.  Now hoping our thanksgiving cruise holds.  If there is room on a ship before then, however, we will jump on. 

Well, and I know some may feel like this is very selfish sentiment, but gosh, if all the warnings and cancellations had come down one week later, I think we would have gone on the cruise and been fine.  Oh well.  If ..."ifs and buts were candy and nuts"

• Like 1

OP NCL is my favorite line too.  I didn't have to cancel a cruise as I didn't have one booked but just reading posts I struggle to appreciate how they are treating the customers.  Making me think twice about NCL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sprint180 said:

OP NCL is my favorite line too.  I didn't have to cancel a cruise as I didn't have one booked but just reading posts I struggle to appreciate how they are treating the customers.  Making me think twice about NCL.

really does put a dent in their peace of mind promo.  id like to give the ceo a peace of my mind. 

• Like 1

Had only one cruise on NCL; 50th Anniversary on Bliss with several family members, and enjoyed.  Also lots of cruises on other lines.  Here is the bottom line:

but it was vacation money and considering some folks can't even afford food or medicine, I'm humbled by the whole situation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

really does put a dent in their peace of mind promo.  id like to give the ceo a peace of my mind. 

Again, you are not alone... unfortunately, you have to wonder who would be listening? IMO, no one of any importance.  The brass have POM... their minions... not so much. 

Any attempts to give them your peace of mind would, I'm afraid, fall on deaf ears.  They simply don't care. Sad, but true. 

• Like 1

All of you are right that top management of NCL do not care about their customers or their crew.

It is sad for those of us that used to love NCL.  From the Norway to the new mega ships, we loved them all.

We used to love Freestyle Cruising.  We loved the Haven.  We loved Cagney's, Le Bistro, Teppenyaki and Moderno.

But then we saw the real NCL.  The real NCL that tried to mislead customers about their refunds.  The real NCL that does not care about its customers or its crew.

Goodbye NCL.  You reaped what you sowed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seaman11 said:

guess I got lucky.. went on one of the last cruises they sailed. Disembarked on 03/13, the day they stopped cruising... I was on the Grandeur and we definitely got luck we sailed under the circumstances

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hftmrock said:

guess I got lucky.. went on one of the last cruises they sailed. Disembarked on 03/13, the day they stopped cruising... I was on the Grandeur and we definitely got luck we sailed under the circumstances

Iv been on her twice. Older ship but very good food and staff ratio to guest.  Do they still have that roast beef in that cafe near the solarium? 

Hope you get it fixed 

They canceled our cruise and the FCC was posted to our account 3 days later.....only thing I’m still waiting on is the 2 Next cruise Certs to be issued back 

Now on the other hand Royal and Celebrity is allowing currently booked customers to transfer their booked sailings from THIS YEAR to NEXT YEAR to a comparable cruise, comparable cabin, at the SAME RATE with the SAME PERKS. That's really supporting their clients and something ALL cruiselines should do.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/cruise-with-confidence

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-group-extends-cruise-with-confidence-policy-through-april-2022-840722437.html

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Our cruise was in the middle of the March and was cancelled by NCL, not us.  I decided to dispute the charges with my cc (credit card)  after to speaking with my cc company and confirming that services were not delivered by the merchant.   The cc company advise ME to dispute the charge.  Yesterday, NCL disputed that  charge reversal and told my cc company that I had a non-refundable fare.   They did not tell the cc company that THEY cancelled the cruise.  They also told the cc company they had issued a full future cruise cruise.  My cruise was several thousand.  My FCC is $176 (obviously a mistake, but that is what they are showing and telling me I have).  The cc company, Mastercard, then reinstated the charge on my card.  I called up the cc company and after a lengthy discussion, they agreed my charge should not have been re-applied.  Even so, now I have to provide written documentation with exhibits and proof, as they said similar to a legal case, in order to get the charged reversed again.

• Like 3