who would sacrifice their money right now.

jxtgreek

On 5/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, bingomamma19 said:

I have our August 15th on the breeze and am super excited ...hoping its a go.

If it cancels (which this was a rebooking from our cancelled April cruise), i will rebook for fall....i have another cruise next march.   I will book another cruise in the middle if the price is right....i am not concerned at all.     

I thought I read or saw someplace that cruises are now canceled through September 15.  I could be wrong.  

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:03 PM, Calnev1 said:

I applaud those of you who will be getting back on the ships right away.  For one thing, you will help keep Carnival solvent.  For another, you are my guinea pigs..........🙂

Yeah, I feel the same! We are old farts and if anyone would catch anything on a cruise, it'd be ME! So we are taking a wait and see attitude....hopefully all will go reasonably well for the late 2020/early 2021 cruisers....then we will book for fall 2021. Each person has to make a decision based on their own health situation and the information at hand. We are suffering from "Cruise Withdrawal" but we can hold out another year or so I think......😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

I thought I read or saw someplace that cruises are now canceled through September 15.  I could be wrong.  

They are. The CLIA made the announcement yesterday. Carnival will make their official announcement Monday and begin sending out notifications for affected cruises. The post you were replying to was from May 5th, so none of this was known then.

• Like 2

its-only-logical-thumb.jpg

⬇️.                    Weeks ago....                       ⬇️

On 5/6/2020 at 11:12 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

While realistically evaluating the virus situation right now, we are taking a break from cruising & won't even consider placing a deposit on any particular sailing for at least 18 to 24 months from now. We'll certainly cruise again, but most likely not until 2023. The smoke has to clear & the dust has to really settle before any money comes out of our pocket. 

😷

On 5/10/2020 at 12:51 PM, JohnSpo said:

Unfortunately I also will be taking a break from cruising for at least 2-3  years as precaution due to health concerns.  I had my  Legend cruise cancelled for May, then my Sept Radiance cruise cancelled in Sept.  Both out of New York.  I look forward to cruising with Carnival again.  Hopefully there is a proven vaccine approved sooner than later and things can get back as close to normal a possible.  Stay safe and healthy everyone.😎

On 5/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi Obstructedview2 🙂

My wife & I are taking the same strategy of thinking, in regards to (as you put it) realistically evaluating the situation. We've been cruising since the 80's and have decided that a hiatus from sailing is warranted at this moment in time. 

We've come to the personal conclusion that we will not sail in 2021 at all, and will wait until 2022 before we make any logical decisions.

Practically & rationally speaking, I think our next cruise will be sometime in 2023 as well; and we'll (use) 2022 to plan our next voyage.

Happy sailing!

🌴

On 5/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, EscapeFromConnecticut said:
  On 5/8/2020 at 1:05 PM, thanna said:

Well it didn’t cost me any more but I am booked on August 1 cruise. It was a rebook of a rebook and I am looking forward to it. 
Guess that makes me part of the “hold my beer” crowd. 
If you want to be lead around like sheep by the media you go right ahead. I will follow the numbers. The numbers tell a much different story than the media. The virus was not as bad In Florida as the “sky is falling “ media wants you to think.

By August we will be good to go. 

juuuuuusssssssssttttt a bit outside.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 1:54 PM, skridge said:

I wouldn't risk a dime.  I don't see any way they actually cruise in August.  The peak in NC is supposed to be beginning of June.  I don't think Mr. Arison is going to bet his entire family fortune on getting people on ships that close after the peak of a global pandemic.  I plan on watching this thing play out and do some land based vacationing and let the guinea pigs take first dibs.  I do hope at some point in the next few years it becomes feasible to cruise again.  I am not putting my family at risk any time soon.

skridge - you absolutely nailed it. 🏆

6 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

skridge - you absolutely nailed it. 🏆

I have seen the sunrise off the bow of a cruise ship 3 of the last 5 years.  This is something I wish I wasn't right about.  Maybe 2022 I will get to see it again.  Plenty of sunrises between now and then to enjoy.

1 hour ago, skridge said:

I have seen the sunrise off the bow of a cruise ship 3 of the last 5 years.  This is something I wish I wasn't right about.  Maybe 2022 I will get to see it again.  Plenty of sunrises between now and then to enjoy.

Aye, but it's just not the same, is it?😪

13 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Aye, but it's just not the same, is it?😪

Nope it is not, but I am very optimistic that the Cruise lines are going to figure out a way to come back safely some day.  I don't think it is going to be anytime soon because of the mentality of many people right now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skridge said:

Nope it is not, but I am very optimistic that the Cruise lines are going to figure out a way to come back safely some day.  I don't think it is going to be anytime soon because of the mentality of many people right now.  

I think it will be awhile before we're cruising like before, but I think it's more than just the mentality of the people. We just don't know about this Chinese virus thing...hopefully we will continue to learn more so people can take more educated actions. Right now we seem to be "shotgunning" in the hopes something will work to combat spread of the pandemic. I'd be ecstatic to see a "cure" or "prevention" to our current situation, but I don't hold out much hope for anything like that in the next 12 months or so. The death rate seems pretty stagnant right now.....sure would be encouraging to see a decrease, even if only a few percentage points.

But man, I really, really miss cruising! Especially coffee and later cocktails on our balcony, just listening to, and watching the sea pass by.😎

• Like 3

I am saving money guys, its really hard to predict what will happen in the near furutre, even in a very short time. If you plan on cruisng or crave it like a lot then make sure that when you get back home from a cruise you will have money to live on. Its very important. So many people have lost their jobs.. its unbelievable 

On 5/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, jxtgreek said:

Even though Carnival announced cruises starting in August who in would put even $1 on a deposit for a cruise.  With all the news and the difficulties with being socially distant nearly impossible on a ship I find it hard to believe that things will ever be the same.  I am platinum on Carnival and we cruise at least 3 times a year.  Already had one cruise canceled.  I have the Radiance booked the end of November but who knows....I rolled my cruise credit from March to this cruise.  I wish I took the refund but I will not risk anymore money until I see how things will work.

I would be happy to book if the deposit was only a single dollar per person. Why not, I can afford to lose a dollar.