Refunds - any received to date?

OSUTRIKERS

Here's the text of the refund update from HAL's FB page:

REFUNDS UPDATE - May 20th: We want our guests to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday, May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars in cruises, and we continue working through our backlog. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. We have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process refunds, and we should begin issuing at a faster rate this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

1 hour ago, TJR_0323 said:

Thanks for the clarification... good news for sure.

Yes, any progress is a move in the right direction.

i would encourage others to have their TA check, others may have gotten credit as well.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Btimmer said:

Here's the text of the refund update from HAL's FB page:

REFUNDS UPDATE - May 20th: We want our guests to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday, May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars in cruises, and we continue working through our backlog. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. We have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process refunds, and we should begin issuing at a faster rate this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

Many don’t have Facebook or don’t view the HAL page so it would be nice if their boilerplate message could be emailed to all clients in their database.

Edited by KirkNC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cavecreekguy said:

I just received an email from them saying they haven't heard from me that I want a refund. I submitted that form on March 16!!!

and when you do re-submit, refunds will be 60-90 days from then (now)...

I'm delighted to report that I have received a full refund of my cruise fare back to my credit card.  There were two onboard purchases that were not refunded but my cc had already given me a permanent credit so I consider myself whole now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sepakcruiser said:

I'm delighted to report that I have received a full refund of my cruise fare back to my credit card.  There were two onboard purchases that were not refunded but my cc had already given me a permanent credit so I consider myself whole now. 

It is great to see refunds being processed.  

1 hour ago, sepakcruiser said:

When was your cancelled cruise?  And was that a refund from HAL, or your credit card had processed your dispute?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

When was your cancelled cruise?  And was that a refund from HAL, or your credit card had processed your dispute?

The cruise was scheduled to depart 4/15. It was cancelled on 3/30 and I submitted my refund request on 3/30.  I had contacted my credit card company to file a dispute after HAL was unable to provide any status updates (similar to what others have reported).  I received a provisional credit for all charges except for my deposit. I had to go through a slightly different process and different people for the deposit because it was over a year ago.  The CC company processed a permanent credit almost immediately for the small charge that was for on-board alcohol.  The larger charges that were made for the cruise fare/taxes/fees are actually still in review and remain as a provisional credit.  

The refund today was from HAL.  I now need to withdraw the disputes for the cruise fare

I hope that helps

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alibaster McGillicutty said:

You may have already said in a previous post.......

If so, could you remind us when your cruise was, when was it cancelled, and did HAL cancel or you?

It was for the Grand Africa in October, I canceled March 25th.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I am envious of those receiving refunds. I cancelled a cruise departing on May 16h (I  would be in Ketchikan today) on March 18th invoking the PPP and as of today nothing. As they say, "Patience is a virtue."

Count on 60 days..

9 hours ago, sepakcruiser said:

I'm delighted to report that I have received a full refund of my cruise fare back to my credit card. 

7 hours ago, sepakcruiser said:

The cruise was scheduled to depart 4/15. It was cancelled on 3/30 and I submitted my refund request on 3/30.  

I'm happy for you. 🙂

My GF has not been as lucky. Her 28-day cruise was to depart Mar 21. HAL cancelled it Mar 14. She submitted a request for a refund Mar 16. Nothing yet. 😞

5 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

It was for the Grand Africa in October, I canceled March 25th.

I think I've figured out the method HAL is using to process the refunds.  It must be the throw them down the stairs method.  When you get your refund depends on which stair your paperwork lands on.  Otherwise, there is no rhyme or reason.  People who have cancelled after me for cruises later than mine have received refunds, so they can't be going by cancellation date or by date of sailing.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

My GF has not been as lucky. Her 28-day cruise was to depart Mar 21. HAL cancelled it Mar 14. She submitted a request for a refund Mar 16. Nothing yet. 😞

OMG! I spoke to my GF just now. She has her refund! 66 days from the date she filed paperwork. Yippee! 😄

• Like 1

My July Norwegian fjord cruise was cancelled earlier this month when HAL announced it was cancelling all European sailings in 2020. To date the onboard gifts and packages as well as all shore excursions have now been refunded. All that is left is the cost of the cruise itself. Now the real wait begins.