Voice of the Ocean Grand Finale Cancelled

CineGraphic

Princess was running a competition from 1/30/2020 to 9/5/2020, in which a video of each winning singer's performance would be reviewed by a panel of judges, and they'd then select 9 finalists for a "Grand Finale" to be held on the Royal Princess in early November.

They've since had to cancel the competition, and hope to introduce a new competition when global operations continue.

There are only a handful of winners, (including me) who qualified before the contest was cancelled. I've emailed customer relations, asking them to consider including our winning performances when the new competition begins. Originally, they planned on having 271 semi-finalists, so what's a few more!?

The official rules, and cancellation announcement can be found here: https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/entertainment/the-voice-of-the-ocean-competition-rules.pdf

Competing in the Voice of the Ocean is really a wonderful experience. The band and production singers are all top-notch!

https://youtu.be/ATmQwbMzv0E

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Princess was running a competition from 1/30/2020 to 9/5/2020, in which a video of each winning singer's performance would be reviewed by a panel of judges, and they'd then select 9 finalists for a "Grand Finale" to be held on the Royal Princess in early November.

They've since had to cancel the competition, and hope to introduce a new competition when global operations continue.

I haven't been this upset since MASH/Cheers/Seinfeld ended.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

OP @CineGraphic

do the 9 finalists get a free cruise ??

and thanks to @Steelers36

edit: NOTE: YOU MUST PAY BETWEEN $519 USD AND $5,779 USD TO COMPETE FOR PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE.  jeez - that's kind of tacky ...

Yes, you get a free cruise (balcony), airfare, transfers, and a hotel room pre-cruise......the $519- 5,779 refers to the fare you paid on your original cruise, in which you competed, won, and qualified as a semi-finalist. As a finlist, you are only responsible for getting yourself to the airport, gratuities, drinks, upgrades, baggage fees, etc...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I haven't been this upset since MASH/Cheers/Seinfeld ended.

I have never watched Cheers or Seinfeld. (Yes, I know...) I did watch MASH but would have a hard time with it these days as (in the USA) it utilized a "laugh track". I will never understand the laugh track. I would imagine it seems pretty bizarre to folks in some other countries as well.

31 minutes ago, Elitein85days said:

My better half won the competition on our South America cruise a couple years ago and the only thing given was a trophy and a bottle of champagne! Lol

Yes, the trophy is the usual prize....they did have some champagne backstage for us during the show, and I think they said if we wanted to take any left over bottles, we could.

I think after 7 years, they are putting the concept to bed, with a  "Grand Finale". I sincerely hope that Princess does the right thing and includes those of us who qualified  during the few first weeks that the contest ran before everything came to a halt. Otherwise, one would have to book another cruise during the new contest, and win a second time, and at this point we don't even know when the new contest will take place.

Great video, thanks for sharing it.  I agree, the winners from the interrupted season should be included.

One suggestion if you are invited in the Grand Finale:  Wear a tuxedo or a suit -- that could be the tiny edge you need!!

• Thanks 1