Whose Booking New Cruises? I did!

I just booked Feb 2, 2021, Koningsdam 18-Day Hawaii in case Nov 3 Hawaii is cancelled or I decide to wait a few more months to cruise again. Both have HAL air and hotel to make it easier just in case. As a solo the cost is about the same.   Must decide before Aug 1.

I make my own bookings on line and call when I need something. I have seldom used a cruise consultant, but with things as they are, I thought it might be a good idea now.  She spoke to "powers that be" last evening about my FCC for cancelled April. I have made several calls with long waits as well.  It definitely shows will be available but has not yet officially been assigned to my Mariner ID.  It's always "about 30 days more" for E-mail notification.  It's been over 90 days so far! Can be assigned directly to whichever cruise I prefer including Oct, 2021 Ryndam. The 25% refund was posted to my credit card within a week of cancelling.  As long as I know it's there I'm OK, but I will continue to follow up. Cheers!

No immediate plans at this time but I just renewed my MedJet today so I certainly expect to book a cruise in the not too distant future.  Most likely will not be HAL (although my first actual booking is on the Amsterdam (Dubai to FTL) if it goes and I clear the wait list, but it  is a matter of economics.  Royal Caribbean, Cunard, and Crystal all owe me significant amounts of money but even if the Amsterdam is cancelled they would only owe me $450 for that and the cancelled Zuiderdam cruise.

Roy

I just received a email from HAL and our cruise on 1/9/2021 24 day R/T from San Diego Mexico/ Hawai’i is canceled.

Due to Hawaii ports and not being able to enter. So they are applying our double FCC’s towards my Rotterdam cruise in 1/2022. I saw the writing on the wall.

Denise😊

9 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I just received a email from HAL and our cruise on 1/9/2021 24 day R/T from San Diego Mexico/ Hawai’i is canceled.

Due to Hawaii ports and not being able to enter. So they are applying our double FCC’s towards my Rotterdam cruise in 1/2022. I saw the writing on the wall.

Denise😊

Ouch!

Roy

YEah,  rafinmd...we should all receive refunds (or forward to next year) for our MedJet coverage! Nobody went anywhere this year! Expensive coverage for staying within 150 miles of home...more like 20!

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

We haven't gotten an email yet! We did get one about our September cruise, but that was expected.  That email came hours ago, but nothing about January....guess we'll be calling our PCC in the morning.

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

I am so sorry, Denise. I know how disappointed you & David must be.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Denise😊

So sorry Denise but not surprised, sadly.

I know you were looking forward to it but better safe than sorry.  (At least, that is what I have been trying to tell myself with 2 cruises cancelled).

2022 with luck with be fine 🤞

• Thanks 1

Just now, kazu said:

So sorry Denise but not surprised, sadly.

I know you were looking forward to it but better safe than sorry.  (At least, that is what I have been trying to tell myself with 2 cruises cancelled).

2022 with luck with be fine 🤞

Oh Jacqui your so nice!  When I got my email didn’t want to start a thread on it so I went on The Daily and here! It is amazing so far 3 cruises canceled! I am glad because I had a suspicion that it wouldn’t go through! Not being a baby just want to be on the water in a cruise! So all the FCC is going to our Neptune suite on Rotterdam! With our other Rotterdam cruise Which we were on ca in 4 days on board  we applied everything to this cruise in 22! Just wish we didn’t have to wait till then.

on another note happy to hear your foot is doing better👍 Will look forward to seeing you cruise again to Jacqui! You and Jose have a wonderful evening!

Denise😊

46 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Jacqui your so nice!  When I got my email didn’t want to start a thread on it so I went on The Daily and here! It is amazing so far 3 cruises canceled! I am glad because I had a suspicion that it wouldn’t go through! Not being a baby just want to be on the water in a cruise! So all the FCC is going to our Neptune suite on Rotterdam! With our other Rotterdam cruise Which we were on ca in 4 days on board  we applied everything to this cruise in 22! Just wish we didn’t have to wait till then.

on another note happy to hear your foot is doing better👍 Will look forward to seeing you cruise again to Jacqui! You and Jose have a wonderful evening!

Denise😊

Neptune suites on the Rotterdam are pretty dam decent and nice deep balconies and unless things have changed, a lovely library in the Neptune Suite and on board.

Enjoy planning and anticipating and I hope you have the same crew we did on the Rotterdam.  They were fabulous.  If you luck out, hit the Retreat and  If the waiter is there, you will the special waters with fruits (watermelon, etc.) coffee with chocolate early in the morning and yes, if it’s cool you will find a towel draped around your back.  

And yes, I tipped when we got off the ship.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Neptune suites on the Rotterdam are pretty dam decent and nice deep balconies and unless things have changed, a lovely library in the Neptune Suite and on board.

Enjoy planning and anticipating and I hope you have the same crew we did on the Rotterdam.  They were fabulous.  If you luck out, hit the Retreat and  If the waiter is there, you will the special waters with fruits (watermelon, etc.) coffee with chocolate early in the morning and yes, if it’s cool you will find a towel draped around your back.  

And yes, I tipped when we got off the ship.  

100%agree with you Jacqui! 
Thanks for the info!👍

Denise😊

• Like 1

We also just received our notice of the Hawaii Konsingdam trip in January being cancelled, but on the HAL website, it still shows the same trip in November as going. It shows January as all being 7 day Mexican cruises. I really don't understnad that. If thye can go in November, why not in January. Any one have an answer for that?

We will receive our FCC for our cancelled Maasdam cruise. After we got this we will book same cruise for May 2021.
also waiting what Australia will do, hopefully can book an oosterdam cruise for Christmas :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 2 long cruises cancelled this year, a Transatlantic, and staying aboard all the way to Norway in April 2020, now we heard our October 6 cruise out of Venice was also cancelled. Unfortunately not much anyone can do at this time, and since we love HAL and cruising we got FCC for same itinerary in 2021 for both cruises, but added another Transatlantic so we can be cruising longer next year, since this year we are not going anywhere. HAL Strong!

I still have my Jan 2021 South America and Antarctica booked, was considering moving it out a year, but the cost is $2,000 higher (going solo).  At this time, I'll just hold it and see what happens.   My air is booked with miles, so no issues there to cancel.

I was also under the impression that 2021 was the last year the larger boats could get close in Antarctica.   

If it's cancelled, then decision made.   

I would have been on a flight to Europe tonight as I'm typing this. But my 2020 Norway cruise was not meant to be. On the brighter side, I have recently booked a 2021 7-day July 4 Norway cruise. Fully refundable deposit until April, and I believe at a lower cost than my 2020 booking. Plus, it'll be on the spanking-new Ryndam. Speaking of glass half-full, my 2021 booking now includes the beverage package 😁. Hopefully, ports will be open by next spring.