Wearing a mask

Bawbob

I think we should  step away from the computers/cell phones/ipads & wait & see how things go in  a few months time

No one knows how all this will play out 

maybe there will not be any airline/cruise lines in business  to worry about  & we will all have to stay home

JMO

Cat Mask image 0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bawbob said:

I read masks may be in the future. Don’t know if I would go. What do you think

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our county  in Calif..... we no longer have to use them.....   The mask is just a reaction for a short term problem  ( only 5 months old)  it is not going to be a long term response .   It can be a personal choice as always  .    

39 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

The mask is just a reaction for a short term problem  ( only 5 months old)  it is not going to be a long term response . 

You have based this on no current facts. You are potentially endangering others by giving your 'opinion.' It will likely be a year to a year and a half before there's a solid vaccine. And then it will take several years to get enough vaccines produced for worldwide administration.  All of this is based on reputable sources.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, clo said:

You have based this on no current facts. You are potentially endangering others by giving your 'opinion.' It will likely be a year to a year and a half before there's a solid vaccine. And then it will take several years to get enough vaccines produced for worldwide administration.  All of this is based on reputable sources.

No , they are not  they are based on guess's which are wild and speculative opinions with no basis. That is the conclusion of cities and counties governments.    The  models of the disease are wild over reactions that keep getting  revised and done over  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

No , they are not  they are based on guess's which are wild and speculative opinions with no basis. That is the conclusion of cities and counties governments.    The  models of the disease are wild over reactions that keep getting  revised and done over  

Okey dokey, sweetie pie. I'd love to know your background that allows you to say such things. But, hey, I tend to focus on facts rather than what anyone thinks/feels/believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

In our county  in Calif..... we no longer have to use them.....   The mask is just a reaction for a short term problem  ( only 5 months old)  it is not going to be a long term response .   It can be a personal choice as always  .    

Dan - Not sure what county you are referring to ...  we're in Riverside County and they just removed the mask requirements. However, if you intend going into any grocery store or other public place most of them require that you do wear a mask. Several cases in the last couple of days where customers were ask to leave since they were not wearing a mask and they became very upset - some to the point of violence. While the county has removed the requirement to wear one ... individual businesses can still require one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's the big deal about wearing a mask in public - just put it on.

Every country from S. Korea on that handled this epidemic well made masks mandatory. Not that it was the masks that solved the problem but they sure contributed positively.

One man just recently visited 3 discos in Seoul as they had just opened. He was asymptomatic but turned out to be positive,

Now they are testing 5000 possible contacts from those 3 discos and I suspect several will be positive. If he had worn a mask things might have turned out a lot better.

Just be kind and not selfish - at least until this nightmare is over. It's always better to do the right thing even if it isn't required by law and wearing a mask in public these days IS the right thing.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, janecambridge said:

... but only if made properly,put on correctly,worn correctly,disposed of correctly.Can give false sense of security.

Particularly not one of the millions of counterfeit ones sent here by Chinese companies! Today’s paper had a huge article on hospitals and companies running out and buying all this safety PPE from China! Mostly all fake and useless. Hospitals couldn’t understand why their staff was getting sick! Played like a fool!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

If that's what's required to sail, absolutely!

Not practical.

We can’t sit in the restaurants eating with masks on. Certainly no one will go to Tea or one of the bars for cocktails and have to wear a mask! A mask on while sunbathing or swimming? People complain about chair hogs at the pool. Move those loungers 6 ft apart and there won’t be many to hog! Team trivia at 6 feet quickly dies! 

Issues are a bit too complicated currently.

12 hours ago, clo said:

Okey dokey, sweetie pie. I'd love to know your background that allows you to say such things. But, hey, I tend to focus on facts rather than what anyone thinks/feels/believe.

First of all all you have to do is listen to the press release weekly by " the experts"  who keep changing their opinions. 

In Britain they fired their expert because of his inaccurate and over the top forcasts.   Washington state experts  keep revising their opinions...  This virus has been around for a long time and just keeps morphing   This current  morph  will change too.

While there is a danger it is mainly in high population, medical susceptible/ vulnerable people.  50-80% are in nursing homes..  The numbers keep going down in new cases  but the media who loves bad news loves to paint a different picture.   

My point is,  that the threat is real  but people are being hyped  politicians and the press.   It is not going to last forever that is just logic  as nothing does.    Masks  will  slowly go away I suspect when the panic subsides

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

In Britain they fired their expert because of his inaccurate and over the top forcasts. 

Which expert are you referring to? One member of the advisory committee had to stand down because he broke the lockdown rules, which he had called for in the first place. Nobody has been fired for the accuracy of their forecasts. Perhaps they should be, but that's another question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

It is not going to last forever that is just logic  as nothing does.    Masks  will  slowly go away I suspect when the panic subsides

I agree. But some are thinking months but the 'experts' are talking years. IF there's a vaccine.

31 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Washington state experts  keep revising their opinions... 

That's because these are not predictions based on a crystal ball - they depend on certain behavior by people such as social distancing, masks, limited business openings, etc.

When people do not follow these recommendations, the  results will necessarily change and more they deviate from the expected and recommended behavior the more the graphs will change.

That is how scientific predictions work - it's not a precise science because it has variables.

Only things that have already happened can be documented accurately & without changes but not predictions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Only things that have already happened can be documented accurately & without changes but not predictions.

And that's how data occurs - by looking back not at today

1 minute ago, wripro said:

One of the great pleasures for me on any cruise is an ice cold martini. I don't want to have to lift a mask every time I take a sip.

In NV bars are closed. If a restaurant has a bar they can serve diners but not be in the bar. I've wondered if ships would do that. Our libraries are also closed. All sorts of inside game venues are closed. AFAIK swimming pools are closed. It's going to be very interesting to see what the CDC, USCG and the cruise lines come up with.

3 minutes ago, wripro said:

One of the great pleasures for me on any cruise is an ice cold martini. I don't want to have to lift a mask every time I take a sip.

I am not sure if the mask discussion is for cruises or currently in public.

While I wear a mask now when in public I would not cruise if a mask was required. That would mean that the virus is not under control.

• Like 3