The Daily for Sunday May 17, 2020

richwmn

today is National Cherry Cobbler Day

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings
infinite distances continue to exist, a wonderful living side by side can
grow up, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it
possible for each to see each other whole against the sky.

-- Rainer Rilke

Meal suggestion for today - Beef & bean chilli bowl with chipotle yogurt

At Sea Atlantic Ocean
Rotterdam destination Cape Town eta 5/18
Veendam destination Cape Town eta 5/23
Zuiderdam destination Walvis Bay eta 5/23

At Sea Indian Ocean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Jakarta eta 5/26
Volendam destination Port Louis Mauritius eta 5/22

At Sea Pacific Ocean
Maasdam destination Labuan Malaysia eta 5/27
Noordam destination Manila 5/22
Westerdam destination Singapore eta 5/25

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Eurodam
Amsterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the report.  That quote is so relevant today.  I think I'll pass on the menu suggestions.  Glad to see at least a few Amsterdam crew heading home.

Roy

• Like 1

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

Hi Daily-ites! Cat and Denise I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Yesterday was beautiful and I got a second wind on my packing. 

Since we haven't a clue what our new house will look like or even what state we will choose, I don't know what to keep. I had all my girlfriends come over and choose a keepsake item to remember me by. I'm not taking but a few pieces from our world travels. We were all teary and happy. Jeez it could be months before we leave and we're already saying goodbye!

Have a blessed Sunday. And to my sister's.. love you both!

• Like 4

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Sisters & Dailyites! A blustery start here with the very tip of TS Arthur’s clouds swirling by. The sun is about to chase them away.

Profound quote Rich - very timely.

Tonight I am having the mushroom fajitas suggestion from a few days ago. And wine - I will toast Gerry tonight.

Joy, @Seasick Sailor, it takes months to say goodbye sometimes. But if the relationship is strong, you will find a way to stay in touch. And it is often as if nothing changed. Hope everything goes smoothly for you two!

Stay well everyone!

• Like 3

This is the first thread I read when I log onto CC, it is the most friendliest and with upbeat messages.  I have no idea what's on the menu for dinner.   Thanks for the update Rich.

• Like 5

Thanks for the Daily!  I love the quote today - very timely, indeed.  Cherry Cobbler?  Say no more - I'm pretty sure I can work it into our daily menu somehow!  Oh, and an update:  we finished off the last of the never-ending-bowl-of-Sunny Summertime Pasta Salad (thank the Lord!).  And wine.

Cheers to you @cat shepard

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily.

Hi Daily-ites! Cat and Denise I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Yesterday was beautiful and I got a second wind on my packing. 

Since we haven't a clue what our new house will look like or even what state we will choose, I don't know what to keep. I had all my girlfriends come over and choose a keepsake item to remember me by. I'm not taking but a few pieces from our world travels. We were all teary and happy. Jeez it could be months before we leave and we're already saying goodbye!

Have a blessed Sunday. And to my sister's.. love you both!

My dear Joy,

You have a wonderful new chapter in your life that is beginning for both of you!! Your seizing the moment and the outcome will be so rewarding!! The close relationships you have made over the years will be with you always. Remember something, your virtual sisters here love you back!!!!

Denise😊

• Like 2

To Rich

Thank you for The Daily! I have to say your quote for the day was awesome!! Appreciate knowing today is National Cherry Cobbler Day!  I so love cooking but baking Not so much so I will check out my local specialty market to see if Sam has baked one when I go today👍 Chile good call but I will be doing a barbecue.

Have a great day! 
🌺Cat, hope this weekend has been a good one and you and Bindi are doing great! I decided to use the shears again on Paisley and now I think I got it! David said I did good! Will call Vet tomorrow to see if I can get her in to clip her nails. I am not brave enough to try! LOL!
Denise😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the daily, Rich 🙂 

ohh Cherry Cobbler - that should be a popular day for a lot of people 😄 

Yum, Yum 😄

Thanks for the Daily Report.

Edited by Happily@Sea
  • Like 1

Good Sunday morning!

Thank you for our Daily report. 😊

2 hours ago, Himself said:

I sure wish Alaska was open and HAL was sailing there.

Me too, Father. I have not been in a few years and just booked last month for a September cruise. Then 3 weeks later it was cancelled. Sigh. But I have a job, food, TP, and health. So life is good. 😉

• Like 1

Thanks for the daily update.

Cherry cobbler sounds good but I’m still finishing off a Red Velvet cake I bought last week. 
I’m going to christen my new grill today. Steaks , baked potatoes and fresh asparagus. 
Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

Good morning, and thank you, Rich, for the report.  I noticed cherries at the grocery store last week, probably from California, but they were very expensive, so I will wait for the local ones.  I do have some cherry strudel in the freezer, so I may get that out.  I haven't decided yet what we will have for dinner.  It's raining, so I don't think we will barbecue.

Thanks for the picture of the ships, @HarR.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HarR said:

Today at the Dutch coast near Scheveningen.

95A65F70-AB3A-441B-959F-69DE1E5AD143.jpeg

So sad to see these beautiful ships at anchor near Katwijk aan Zee , about 20 km's from Scheveningen  near where I was born in The Hague . Thank you very much for this picture @HarR . Hope they are safe there and there will soon be a solution so we can cruise again !

Tony

• Like 3