More cancellations

6 minutes ago, Newleno said:

well that is a bummer i was literally just looking this morning (deals were great) at the mid june out of sju on freedom to the abc islands

In hindsight now, you should have booked it rather then wait and then you could have price protected it to 2021.

Looks like by cancelling all the way to July 31st, they have prevented anyone now from  NOW booking low and shifted that same price to more expensive Summer 2021 cruises...

I assume now the RCL call centers will be less busy, hopefullt this will mean more people will get their refunds sooner..........Wouldn't bet on it though....

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, dodgestang said:

Seem to be missing the key point in the decision process......if the cruise isn't cancelled...we are sailing ;).

So I can't lift/shift because it is not cancelled.

I fronted the room reservation on a fully refundable...we are/were sailing in the RS which there is only 1 of on every boat....so I reserved the room in case.  If 2020 gets cancelled, I will shift into 2021 and cancel place holder.  If 2020 sails.....later on we can decided if we will go again in 2021 or not so the depo approach seemed like the best option,

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that once cruise is cancelled you can no longer lift and shift?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not at all being harsh, just accepting as to what I'm seeing and hearing, many on here are not. Believe me I would love to have ever cruiseline in full operation and every ship sailing at this time.

But face the reality it's not going to happen. As far as the ships being in logistically  the right place............Doesn't really matter, once crusing does start up some will still be sitting empty........The start up will not be like flipping on a an on /off switch.

At the Corporate Earnings call this morning they LITERALLY repeated that phrase. That when they start back up it will be only a few ships.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not at all being harsh, just accepting as to what I'm seeing and hearing, many on here are not. Believe me I would love to have ever cruiseline in full operation and every ship sailing at this time.

But face the reality it's not going to happen. As far as the ships being in logistically  the right place............Doesn't really matter, once crusing does start up some will still be sitting empty........The start up will not be like flipping on a an on /off switch.

Not harsh at all...really?  Your post:

"Get this and listen hard................the Alaska ports are not going to open up for just one month.................Not happening, they don't have to spell that out to know that? 4 weeks of sailing they are going to open......NOT HAPPENING"!

Radiance and Ovation are off the coast of SE Asia...just sitting there.  Serenade is off the coast of Barbados...just sitting there. 

Of course there is no flipping a switch, but at some point, those ships will have to go somewhere or go to dry dock.  If they start heading north....

We currently have 7-8 ships sitting out there off our coast here near PC.  At some point, something will happen, but no one knows for sure what yet.  Not RCI...not us...and not even  you.  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

In hindsight now, you should have booked it rather then wait and then you could have price protected it to 2021.

Looks like by cancelling all the way to July 31st, they have prevented anyone now from  NOW booking low and shifted that same price to more expensive Summer 2021 cruises...

Yeah that would not work for me I dont plan out, pretty much all last minute based on price.  I dont even know what lift and sift means. i dont even know what I will be doing next month or more less a year from now.  

2 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Yeah that would not work for me I dont plan out, pretty much all last minute based on price.  I dont even know what lift and sift means. i dont even know what I will be doing next month or more less a year from now.  

That's why that call it a plan  ..... lol................in reality no one knows what tomorrow will bring you.....

10 hours ago, crusinpeg said:

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that once cruise is cancelled you can no longer lift and shift?

The cancellation notice we received today offers lift & shift option.

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

nyone actually thinking that they are going on an Alaska cruise a little over two months from now is not being realistic

I agree. I know some people that travel to Alaska for the summer to service the tour industry. Both of their summer jobs have been cancelled. Not delayed, not postponed, cancelled. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree. I know some people that travel to Alaska for the summer to service the tour industry. Both of their summer jobs have been cancelled. Not delayed, not postponed, cancelled. 

Add to that the number of other cruise-lines that have cancelled the season and it is pretty easy to connect the dots

• Like 1