new to oceania and I have a question

fullofship

23 minutes ago, quartetman said:

How late can you stay on the ship before you have to leave if you have a late flight?

most are off by 9:30 am  at the latest 

unless there is a problem  with Immigration/customs etc

The problem of the crowding and general bedlam during disembarkation is partly due to the request to clear your stateroom by 8am. Of course it's compounded by people trying to get as close to the exit as possible when their color is called. Bottom line is that it's a mess. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pinotlover said:

this drill has far exceeded the mental capacity of many of the cruisers. I

LOL. My husband has a fave expression: "Signs do not apply to illiterates."

I agree that it can be a mess but in our experience it's far worse on the "O" ships.  More people trying to leave at the same time ...

When we left the ship in Rio (2013) it was particularly bad.  This was on Marina.  We were docked as far away as possible from the terminal, so luggage was loaded into 8 passenger vans -- one at a time. (The Regent ship that had had the same itinerary except for one port was up at the front ...)

Two people in our group were smarter than the rest of us and they went down to the crew gangway ... they were out quickly without a problem.,  Those of us hanging around Reception had a MUCH longer wait.

I was impressed by our General Manager (Dominique Nicolle) who was out there loading luggage into the vans with the rest of the crew.

3 hours ago, Mura said:

"... I was impressed by our General Manager (Dominique Nicolle) who was out there loading luggage into the vans with the rest of the crew."

That's Dominique ... one of the best GM's anywhere. He's always around the ship and very attentive to guests' needs.

• Like 2

In March in Miami we debarked pulling our own luggage at 8:25 am, walking right past the large scrums of passengers waiting for their tag colors to be called because nothing had been called yet; all was running late.  Great decision by my spouse! Off the ship, through immigration and customs and into our Uber for FLL in about 15 minutes.