Chris Wong and Riley Tench

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I sent them a letter earlier today with the link to the you tube vid Cruising with Covid which was just posted today, if they can't learn from that, we're sunk.  One of the best videos I've seen to date with 2 fellas posting from an MSC ship... that company has got it!  And of course belying what that poster said, their protocols are fantastic, everyone can live with them and they are having a great cruise...THIS WEEK!  In Europe.

I wonder how many of the CDC "decision makers" have ever been on a cruise ship?????? Perhaps they should visit one now...............but it will be like KH has not had a press conference or visited the Southern Border after 28 days of being named immigration czar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

Think you better listen a little closer. Fain was never mentioned, several times Chris preceded his comments with the phrase, "I think".

And I think you better learn to read better.  The first part of my post was what RCCL and CEO Fain have been saying for several weeks on his YOuTube videos about the test cruises out of the Orient;  the second part was what Chris posted on HIS youtube videos about new CDC requests.  They are two separate issues.  I never said Chris made any statement whatever about RCCL corporate issues.  He posted about what CDC requests...again, you confuse the two.  That horse is dead already.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

And I think you better learn to read better.  The first part of my post was what RCCL and CEO Fain have been saying for several weeks on his YOuTube videos about the test cruises out of the Orient;  the second part was what Chris posted on HIS youtube videos about new CDC requests.  They are two separate issues.  I never said Chris made any statement whatever about RCCL corporate issues.  He posted about what CDC requests...again, you confuse the two.  That horse is dead already.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

You better read your post that I replied to. All it said was Richard Fain made the comments and Chris was commenting on the CDC requirements and that’s what I was referring to, Chris’s comments. It had nothing to do with any of your previous words of wisdom.

12 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

You better read your post that I replied to. All it said was Richard Fain made the comments and Chris was commenting on the CDC requirements and that’s what I was referring to, Chris’s comments. It had nothing to do with any of your previous words of wisdom.

not biting, not worth my time

Well I figure today's news regarding the congressional shenanigans marks the end of hope for summer cruises out of US ports.  Between Chris' posts, the many good points about delays after crew arrive, current surges, need for test and/or training cruises, CDC advisory against travel to the Bahamas, etc. etc., I just don't think there's even a 5% chance for anything on a big ship for us chickens during the school break. Guess we will spend a week in Florida instead.

Chris, I truly hope you get back to work this summer as you've most recently been told, and I hope you get your vaxx while at home. Stay well and safe and look forward to your triumphant return.

Edited by KmomChicago

18 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Well I figure today's news regarding the congressional shenanigans marks the end of hope for summer cruises out of US ports.  Between Chris' posts, the many good points about delays after crew arrive, current surges, need for test and/or training cruises, CDC advisory against travel to the Bahamas, etc. etc., I just don't think there's even a 5% chance for anything on a big ship for us chickens during the school break. Guess we will spend a week in Florida instead.

Chris, I truly hope you get back to work this summer as you've most recently been told, and I hope you get your vaxx while at home. Stay well and safe and look forward to your triumphant return.

The cruise lines gave up when they started deploying ships to sail from non US locations. At this point they are probably just going to wait it out. It may be another year before we can sail from US ports. Who knows if Canada will extend the border closure past Feb 2022

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

The cruise lines gave up when they started deploying ships to sail from non US locations. At this point they are probably just going to wait it out. It may be another year before we can sail from US ports. Who knows if Canada will extend the border closure past Feb 2022

Another year..............Oh God I hope not!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Agreed

If I have to wait yet another year, I'll have a new passion by then and probably not cruise...

If it is that long then there won't be any cruise lines left and another 50 Covid variants and more vaccines - our arms will be like a pincushions. Amazon will be coming by our caves to deliver shots - stick your arm out the window and a drone carrying a robot will jab us.

Ca sera sera................  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I believe that has pretty much been all the cruiselines objectives.............Just wait it out and only the strong will survive.

It's ashame, but everyone can find others ways to spend their vacations dollars. If everyone would just look in their backyard.........might be surprised what's out there. Cruising is not the end of the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

I believe that has pretty much been all the cruiselines objectives.............Just wait it out and only the strong will survive.

It's ashame, but everyone can find others ways to spend their vacations dollars. If everyone would just look in their backyard.........might be surprised what's out there. Cruising is not the end of the world.

Like at the Talladega Raceway...watch people show up masked in droves for that...why not ships...the CDC is pathetic, a joke and doesn't care at all if people are getting sick.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

BITE YOUR TONGUE....HARD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Like at the Talladega Raceway...watch people show up masked in droves for that...why not ships...the CDC is pathetic, a joke and doesn't care at all if people are getting sick.

A lot more people are feeling this way for sure. I also think that some government officials took the "hypocrisy" oath of office. Maybe if the cruise lines offered a themed cruise like "Peaceful Protests At Sea"?????

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It will probably be 3 years out before I book a cruise. Given what's going on and focusing on other things in my life like planning for retirement puts cruising at the bottom of the list of priorities. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It will probably be 3 years out before I book a cruise. Given what's going on and focusing on other things in my life like planning for retirement puts cruising at the bottom of the list of priorities. 

Retirement is great - I've been retired for 15 years and enjoying life away from the "rat race".

Good luck working on your plans. Hopefully cruising will still be around in 3 years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Retirement is great - I've been retired for 15 years and enjoying life away from the "rat race".

Good luck working on your plans. Hopefully cruising will still be around in 3 years.

Retirement is the best "job" I've ever had! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Hoping Chris will get an email from HQ pronto accelerating his recall date.

At least there are no worries with getting his vaccine anymore.  I've been watching for his next update also,

• Like 2

Thank you for your updates and prospective - keep up the great work!!!!!

The US is in an ideological divide and lots of skepticism on both sides...............and in some instances growing further apart.

I hope to meet you on a cruise ship SOON and personally say THANK YOU!!!!! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you for your updates and prospective - keep up the great work!!!!!

The US is in an ideological divide and lots of skepticism on both sides...............and in some instances growing further apart.

I hope to meet you on a cruise ship SOON and personally say THANK YOU!!!!! 

Ditto what the Wizard said to the Dude.....

• Like 1

Thanks Chris. I think this is the real deal. I think the new guidance means we will be sailing this summer. Even with too small a percentage of our population vaccinated, it's in the neighborhood of 100 million people in the USA and another 40 million partially vaccinated, most of whom will probably get the second dose. The Pfizer vaccine is days away from approval for 12-15 year olds which will cause another big wave to come through and will help the Big 3 cruise lines serving the US market as more families will be able to go forward with scheduled family vacations. There will be plenty of fully vaccinated passengers ready to resume life as we once knew it, or whatever reasonable facsimile becomes the new normal.  Now the unfortunate truth is probably no families with little kids will be able to sail this summer as their vaccine approval is not likely until later this fall.

We have the mixed blessing situation of having more vaccine now than demand in many areas. The ports and the cruise lines are setting up vaxx clinics for crew and staff at the ports. I will be amazed if you do NOT get a recall email this week. RCI can fly you over and get you vaccinated the day you arrive.

I confidently look forward to your next blog telling us how you're throwing your Go Bag together to head stateside for resumption of service. 🙂

Edited by KmomChicago
  • Like 6