Odyssey- 20th November - chances ?!!

Hi all - first time poster from Scotland !

I've been on the last 5/6 cruises with friends for thanksgiving always leaving from USA. 

ive seen some pics of this boat in its current state, think we are due on the boat around its 3/4th cruise(8 night southern). I’m a bit concerned it’s not going to be ready, currently only paid a deposit so it’s not a huge concern, payment due 22nd August. 

any fellow cruisers due on this boat around that time ?

cheers

Ross

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

I am also interested in this as I was thinking of doing a L&S to her next summer in the Med.

Unless there is a drastic change I cannot foresee any issues with next years end season.  They would have to lose 6 months or more of production time. 

3 hours ago, Dunfermlinecruiser said:

Hi all - first time poster from Scotland !

I've been on the last 5/6 cruises with friends for thanksgiving always leaving from USA. 

ive seen some pics of this boat in its current state, think we are due on the boat around its 3/4th cruise(8 night southern). I’m a bit concerned it’s not going to be ready, currently only paid a deposit so it’s not a huge concern, payment due 22nd August. 

any fellow cruisers due on this boat around that time ?

cheers

Ross

I’m on the inaugural and personalIy I  don’t think that will happen.   I hope they announce any delays before final payment however this is the one case I will make final payment on the outside chance that it does sail. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m on the inaugural and personalIy I  don’t think that will happen.   I hope they announce any delays before final payment however this is the one case I will make final payment on the outside chance that it does sail. 

That would be brilliant, it does look like there maybe a slight delay..... 

what’s the route for that cruise ?

They might halt the final production and will get the ship only ready for Europe season 2021. I guess RCL is negociating with Meyer and also it will depend about other new builds as if Odysey will be delayed other ships next in line from other cruiselines would be so as well. Hence it's probably a bit complex to find a agreement with the shipyard as it depends on various factors. What RCL probably will try to achieve as a minimu, is to delay the delivery to 2021, even if it's January.

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

The shutdown at the shipyard really put everything behind schedule.

Meyer Wreft didn't shut down and there's no indication they are behind schedule.

Edited by Biker19

2 minutes ago, Dunfermlinecruiser said:

Well the CEO says otherwise !!!

I'm pretty sure that was in the larger context of all ships deliveries - their quarterly SEC filling still lists a Q4 delivery for Odyssey.

3 minutes ago, seaface said:

We are also cruising Odessey November 14th - hoping for no delays....

Even if the ship could technically be delivered ontime no one knows yet if cruises will be operating by then. Or if halted again, given the fear of a 2nd wave which is expected in Autumn / early winter.