Bringing cans of soda at the ports instead of embarkment day?

14 minutes ago, FaithPlus1 said:

I saw on RC's website that you can now bring up to 12 cans of soda with you on emarkment day, however can you bring them onboard on a port day?

No. 

1 hour ago, jsf said:

We've never had a problem bringing soda purchased in port back onto ship, maybe things have changed.

That’s been our experience as well.  Never tried to bring a case but they have never said anything when we brought back 3-4 cans. 

1 hour ago, jsf said:

We've never had a problem bringing soda purchased in port back onto ship, maybe things have changed.

Me too but it was just a couple here or there, like I stopped at 7 11 in cozumel and was still finishing off a bottle of water. Nothing was said.

I did a excursion and they gave us a bottle of water I carried on too. It was a ship excursion, not private. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 10:23 AM, spookwife said:

Officially, no.  One or two in port won’t be an issue.  A case or 6 pack, depends on security 

It may depend on how thirsty security is.

True story- at an unnamed international airport, my 4oz jar of specialty jam/marmalade was flagged and removed.  I was told I could not go through with the jar.  The screener's colleagues made no secret of telling him, in front of me, "let it go" "it's fine".  The screener would not budge.  Tellingly, the screener than placed the "contraband" on his desk, not the garbage bin.