5-28-20 Thursday Weigh-In...Last Weigh-In Of The Month

Belle

Hello  Pac, Diana and Mel..Having hot weather here too. Just made a cold drink with strawberries ans banana.

Not doing much... just wishing our world will stop spinning and get well and peaceful for everyone. We all are

ONE human race.  Take care.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, melmar02 said:

It's hot and humid in north Texas today. I've spent the last two days in my closet weeding out old clothes...my FitBit thought I was swimming trying all my shirts on. 😆 DH had a doctor appointment yesterday, so we started our drink of the day fun last night (instead of last week when we were supposed to be on our cruise). It was nice to have that tropical feeling with a Mai Tai in our living room, but I sure missed the sea breeze! I'm trying to be really good with my food since we're drinking every night this week. Hoping to stay even with last week.

Too funny about your FitBit - mine gets confused sometimes too 🙂 Hope DH appointment went well and he is fine.  I missed the ocean too but did enjoy our drinks - you are wise to be good with food, it's amazing how many calories the drinks have.

Belle, I read yesterday that "2020 can just pull over and let me off - I'll walk" This is a hard year 😞 

We got a good amount of yard work done yesterday, DS is so tall now (around 6') that he was a big help with some tree branches compared to 5'4 mom 😉.  Got a walk with DH too so with everything I had around 8 miles yesterday.  Tried leeks for the first time last night, they were good if a bit difficult to eat (roasted with other veggies and they were hard to cut).  I'm making a leek and carrot soup tonight and it will be much smaller pieces.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow between diet and exercise - almost any loss will bring me under 200# so one of my first goals 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

Too funny about your FitBit - mine gets confused sometimes too 🙂 Hope DH appointment went well and he is fine.  I missed the ocean too but did enjoy our drinks - you are wise to be good with food, it's amazing how many calories the drinks have.

Belle, I read yesterday that "2020 can just pull over and let me off - I'll walk" This is a hard year 😞 

We got a good amount of yard work done yesterday, DS is so tall now (around 6') that he was a big help with some tree branches compared to 5'4 mom 😉.  Got a walk with DH too so with everything I had around 8 miles yesterday.  Tried leeks for the first time last night, they were good if a bit difficult to eat (roasted with other veggies and they were hard to cut).  I'm making a leek and carrot soup tonight and it will be much smaller pieces.

Hoping for a loss tomorrow between diet and exercise - almost any loss will bring me under 200# so one of my first goals 🙂 

You've got this Pacruise! Congrats! It's so nice to see those milestone numbers in the rear view mirror. 

DH has been worried about his A1C - labs are not back yet. He's lost 50 pounds over the last year, but both his parents are diabetic (his dad passed away a few years ago in a diabetic coma) and his half brother, who has always been very athletic and still referees college basketball and soccer games in his mid 50's, was diagnosed a couple years ago too. He has another appointment set up in 3 months to monitor his blood pressure and his goal is to be under 300 by then which would put him down 75ish pounds from his heaviest. He's 6'4".

I on the other hand can only wish I was your height! I think my driver's license says I'm 5'2", but I may have been on my tip toes. My 11 year old daughter surpassed me months ago, and my 8 year old son is going through another growth spurt and is well on his way. I guess I'll be the baby of the family soon! 😆

I'm feeling lazy this morning. Both kids and one of the dogs had me up most of the night. I need to start moving, or I may grow roots into our couch today. 

Couch gravity is real 😉  Rain storm had me up at 4am so I feel the lazy too.  Got my workout in though and there are a few things I want to do today more than I want the nap.

We vertically challenged have an advantage over our taller children and husbands - less likely to hit our heads on low hanging areas 🙂 

Good Morning  Pac and Mel......

Unusual start to my day. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Tried everything. Gave up.

Got up early (which I hate:classic_smile:) Did some laundry and cooked some asparagus before it got hot

today. (needed to be cooked) So had some for breakfast with some toasted bread and tea.

Who said you had to have breakfast food for breakfast..I have breakfast food for dinner!:classic_laugh:

Got you both beat..5' 5'   Mel like what you read..yes I would like to walk pass 2020. First 5 months

have been something and don't know how the summer will be or even the rest of the year. Only

can wish for the best.

You two take care, stay awake. I don't usually take naps but might today. Off to try to do some work.

Won't promise!

23 hours ago, melmar02 said:

It's hot and humid in north Texas today. I've spent the last two days in my closet weeding out old clothes...my FitBit thought I was swimming trying all my shirts on. 😆 DH had a doctor appointment yesterday, so we started our drink of the day fun last night (instead of last week when we were supposed to be on our cruise). It was nice to have that tropical feeling with a Mai Tai in our living room, but I sure missed the sea breeze! I'm trying to be really good with my food since we're drinking every night this week. Hoping to stay even with last week.

My Fitbit did the same thing! Well, I was cleaning my closet, switching winter to summer clothes, and it tracked 20 minutes of swimming. It tracked eliptical the other day when I went for a power walk as well. How silly.

I miss a sea breeze as well. I am hopeful my December cruises will be good to go though, with the stuff NCL has announced I am feeling better about the experience (even though I'm not sailing on NCL). The flights do still worry me, my airport has no direct flights to or from Miami or FLL now, I can drive a few hours to get to a couple different spots, but what a pain in December when the weather may not cooperate. I haven't booked flights and will be waiting until I decide what to do about them any way.

Today has been a tired day, I am just exhausted. I did my workout though it was hard to be motivated. I suspect it's the dreary weather, looks like it wants to rain but hasn't yet. Kiddo is eating jumbo freezies while I sip iced tea. And try to keep my eyes open while I'm supposed to be working. 

• Like 1

Good afternoon,

Pacruise, crossing my fingers you are under your first goal weight tomorrow. 

Belle, good for you eating asparagus. Got your veggies in.....

Mel, sorry everyone kept you up. I don't have kids but most nights am up for some period of time......exhausting.....

Mama, good you did your workout eventhough tired. Flights I think are going to be a bit of a nightmare for a while. 

Today, when it was 90 degrees at 11:00am hubby was reorganizing the garage and me......I had a list of things on the outside of the house that needed to be done. As usual I did it myself (hubby hates cleaning). That's ok, if I do it, I know it will all get done.

Ladder out, broom in hand, got rid of all the spider webs outside our back windows. Also cleared the spider webs around the patio. I cleaned the patio windows, inside and out and vacuumed the sliding patio door tracks.

Now hubby and I are relaxing with a strawberry margarita. Well deserved I think..

See everyone tomorrow at weigh-in.

Diana

2020, not a good year. 

• Like 3

HI mama and Diana...

Mama..Heard on how NCL was going to do their cruising. Other lines will probably do the same.

Yes flying will be the hard part. 

Diana..I did that the other day, clean the outside of the house with the hose, got the dirt and cobwebs gone.

Yes got to get the veggies in. Got others veggies to cook too.

I did take a nap, couldn't help myself. Hope to sleep better tonight.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2