Cancellation Update

Dear valued Travel Partners,

As we continue to navigate these extraordinary times, Royal Caribbean remains in close contact with many of our industry partners to bring you the latest news and updates. The Government of Canada recently announced the restriction of cruise traffic into Canadian ports through October 2020. Unfortunately, this has impacted our 2020 Alaska season in its entirety, as well as notable fall itineraries like Canada/New England and Hawaii. We are saddened that COVID-19 continues to disrupt your clients’ vacation plans. However, our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our guests, crew, and local communities where we sail.

We hope your impacted clients will stick with us and simply move their 2020 reservation to a similar adventure in 2021. In Alaska, increased capacity next season will open additional cruise options as we welcome a fourth ship — the award-winning Quantum of the Seas. It’s easy — just Lift & Shift your clients into 2021 and their current price and promotion is protected! Act quickly as this option is only available through June 17, 2020.

If your clients aren’t quite ready to select their next adventure, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is the ideal option — offering an elevated value of 125% of the total amount paid. FCCs will be automatically administered on or before July 17, 2020, if no alternative compensation form is selected. Funds attributed to the purchase of taxes/fees or pre-purchased amenities/onboard packages will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date.

Should a refund be the preferred option for your client, we are happy to return the funds paid per guest to the original form of payment within 45 days from the cancellation date. Opt-in for a refund on-or-before December 31, 2020 by accessing the “Cruise with Confidence” tab (previously “Cancellation Form”) 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Is this a cancellation notice?

Yes.  It states for the entire season for Alaska and Canada.  It is because I had clients booked on one of those sailings.

It doesn't specifically list affected sailings

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Only 15 days to Lift and Shift all those sailings............wow those phone lines will be super hard to get through.

Looks like all the Hawaii sailings are axed also. Dates unclear  though, I guess you will know when your sailing disappears from website.

Edited by Jimbo

I wonder what will happen with the Brilliance Boston to Tampa repositioning since presumably the New England cruises are also cancelled. With the ship currently sitting off CocoCay surely they won't sail it empty all the way to Boston to go all the way back down again for the Tampa season.

5 minutes ago, Bobal said:

I wonder what will happen with the Brilliance Boston to Tampa repositioning since presumably the New England cruises are also cancelled. With the ship currently sitting off CocoCay surely they won't sail it empty all the way to Boston to go all the way back down again for the Tampa season.

Cross your fingers for Jewel😉

Obvious cancellation notice...but not sure when we can ask for full cash refund for Alaska cruises?  Wondering if I can just access one of the old cancellation emails on previously cancelled cruise... then ask for refund that way?  

Edited by island lady

Simple for me on the phone.  Gave her my Reservation #, chose the refund option, and was finished in less than 5 minutes!  The CRS said it would be 30-45 days for the refund back to my card!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

Simple for me on the phone.  Gave her my Reservation #, chose the refund option, and was finished in less than 5 minutes!  The CRS said it would be 30-45 days for the refund back to my card!

My rep said there was NO WAY you got a refund on this cruise LOLOLOL . I said well I l know she did we are friends , He know way that cruise isn't refunding yet . So I am trying for another rep . 

15 minutes ago, frito58 said:

That will give you give you full CC refund , I do not want FCC . 

I just did it just now for both August Alaska cruises...very simple online with RCI website...took less than 3 minutes for both cruises.  And no...I don't want FCC either.  I had two cruises cancelled previously.  The first one was an FCC 125% ...took much longer to get than the simple refund of the other second one, and was really 113%..not 125%.  Fuzzy RCI math  😣

Soooo I asked for refund on these two as well...and yes it goes to your credit card originally used to purchase.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

What about Radiance Sept 4 Vancouver - Tokyo. No mention of it in the Announcement. 

It's coming out of Canada right?  Once again...Canada not letting cruise ships over 500 pax in their waters until November 1st.  Did you go back into RCI website like I suggested to you to check if there is a 9/4 cruise listed to book out of Canada for Radiance?  You won't find it listed.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why did I not realize you can't lift and shift and get 125% for OBC for cruise planner purchases 🤦‍♀️ I would have moved earlier than now. Ugh. Oh well, I'll need to get on the phone with royal in the next couple days to L&S prior to final payment this weekend.