Pay 50% of cruise

antsp

49 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

There is a choice.  Book one or two weeks before departure instead.

That is what we intend to do in the future.  No way will I allow a travel company to tie up my money for months.  We are still trying to get money from Jet Blue for our March cancelled trip. They want to keep it in a "Travel Bank" for up to a year in case we want to travel with them again. Will only do that one more time hen bye bye Jet Blue.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:30 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

What's the risk? 

Only risk I can think of is that the company goes under (and there's a low chance of that happening).  If that did happen, there should be some credit card and traveler's insurance protection at that point.   

exactly, you answered your own question.

many are still waiting for pause1,2,3 refunds and expressing how stressful this has been. Too much unknown. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:40 AM, voljeep said:

Example - 

Cruise fare $ 1000

Port Fees, Taxes, PVP - $ 300

Total $ 1300

$ 100 FCC applied from a non-refundable deposit converted

$ 1200 cash paid by me

so cruise is paid in full … then PRINCESS cancels , say 30 days out

if I "let it all ride" and do nothing - how will my account looked after all is done as far as FCC's and 'Holding account'

I'll take a stab at it and be corrected if I'm wrong.  300 in fees/taxes are refunded.  100 in FCC will rollover as an FCC.  900 cash paid by you will be increased by 25% and issued as a new FCC.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'll take a stab at it and be corrected if I'm wrong.  300 in fees/taxes are refunded.  100 in FCC will rollover as an FCC.  900 cash paid by you will be increased by 25% and issued as a new FCC.

if that's the case … then I'll just pay up to the amount of the cruise fare before final deposit - which will now be 60 days ...

1) Princess cancels before final - I'll get double amount paid on cruise fare as FCC

2) Princess cancels after final - then I have to decide if 25% bonus FCC ( $ 225 ) is better than a full refund ...

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Likely two FCCs.

One for the $900 cash paid.

One for the 25% bonus.

But you're forgetting about the original 100 FCC that was from a previous non refundable deposit.  I believe it would be that FCC and another one totalling 1125 which would be the 900 plus the 25% kicker of 225. 

On 6/4/2020 at 4:08 AM, antsp said:

If you have a booking does it not make sense to pay 50% of your booking before final payment. If Princess cancels the cruise you would get double your money back as a fcc. Am I reading the t and c correctly 

If you are really asking 'does it make sense to pay 50% before final payment', I think it would be a big mistake to trust them with any more money beyond what is required to be paid.  I would NEVER trust Princess with anything except the DEPOSIT until FINAL PAYMENT is due.  Still haven't seen my FCC from the last one they cancelled, they have far too much of money now.

• Like 1