L&S denied because "class of ship" different

53 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

So ,could I L&S from serenade to ovation or quantum ?

We have a couple of grand suites and I don’t think serenade will be coming to Sydney this season.

We did Empress and L&S to Harmony but Royal has stopped it now. I think one might be able to L&S to Oasis but not her sister’s. 

@Ourusualbeach Might know. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Without knowing dates and itinerary types and length of all sailings it is impossible to say. 

5 nights return from Sydney to Tasmania with a overnight in Hobart,it’s a nice little cruise and a regular itinerary.

12 of December this year,our 21-22 season is being released and I’m sure ovation or quantum will be doing it .

We got a L&S from Empress to Symphony on Monday. Went from Empress Royal Suite over New Years 2020 to Symphony Owners Suite over Christmas 2021.  Possible that we squeezed in just in time, or because we were persistent but they allowed it.  Took nearly four hours to get it all said and done, but worth it. Pretty sure the revenue department was not thrilled about that change, maybe that is part of the reason they are stopping Empress to Symphony changes.  What's interesting to us is that they would not allow a shift to the Odyssey during that same time period.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

5 nights return from Sydney to Tasmania with a overnight in Hobart,it’s a nice little cruise and a regular itinerary.

12 of December this year,our 21-22 season is being released and I’m sure ovation or quantum will be doing it .

Lift and shift terms and conditions said it only applied to sailings that had already been released as of May 6, 2020.

you can try but they may not allow it as these itineraries were not available. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lift and shift terms and conditions said it only applied to sailings that had already been released as of May 6, 2020.

you can try but they may not allow it as these itineraries were not available. 

For whatever reasons Australian 2021-22 deployment was delayed until ?today so no L&S available to this region if one assumes no 20-21 season at all.  For those booked on TPs there is nothing to L&S to.  Some might say that is discrimination!

Edited by banzaii

I have no idea why anyone is having issues. As long as it is same region, # of days, and room category, within 1 year plus or minus 1 month it is a go. I always use my same Royal Caribbean Vacation Planner. I research what I want to end up with, and find the best price to book, and email him. He calls me back for the deposit. I booked one more today----enchantment aft balcony March 2021 switched to Freedom, aft balcony March 2022. About 1/3 the price of booking the same room on Freedom directly. I can't book anymore due to working, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to book great deals on great ships!

55 minutes ago, Sianli said:

I have no idea why anyone is having issues. As long as it is same region, # of days, and room category, within 1 year plus or minus 1 month it is a go. I always use my same Royal Caribbean Vacation Planner. I research what I want to end up with, and find the best price to book, and email him. He calls me back for the deposit. I booked one more today----enchantment aft balcony March 2021 switched to Freedom, aft balcony March 2022. About 1/3 the price of booking the same room on Freedom directly. I can't book anymore due to working, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to book great deals on great ships!

Revenue has provided all reps a list of acceptable sailings.  There are now some switches that are being denied.  Glad that all yours have worked out.

• Like 1

We just did Empress to Symphony today, without any issue. But we stuck exactly to the policy- 8 night, eastern, over NYE, same cabin category. Despite the fare difference being $4k, they were able to do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinado said:

We just did Empress to Symphony today, without any issue. But we stuck exactly to the policy- 8 night, eastern, over NYE, same cabin category. Despite the fare difference being $4k, they were able to do it.

Did you accomplish this all in one call or did you have Empress previously booked?

Nice! Maybe we will see you on-board. Now I’ll be hoping for a Royal Up offer so I can move out of Oceanview, as that’s all that was left to book on Empress. Unless anyone has heard about upgrading cabins after using a lift and shift? Do you pay the full difference between what you paid and the new cabin price, or only the difference between the current cost of your cabin and the new cabin?

5 hours ago, Twinado said:

You should have upgraded your cabin on Empress before the L&S. 😇

10 minutes ago, Twinado said:

Nice! Maybe we will see you on-board. Now I’ll be hoping for a Royal Up offer so I can move out of Oceanview, as that’s all that was left to book on Empress. Unless anyone has heard about upgrading cabins after using a lift and shift? Do you pay the full difference between what you paid and the new cabin price, or only the difference between the current cost of your cabin and the new cabin?

No Suites were available?