Anthem Dry Dock

zjc

5 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Anyone know when she is supposed to enter dry dock? Looks like she’s been alongside in Brest for a few days now....

Does it matter? They usually do some works also outside the dry dock and she is not needed urgently somewhere else. It will be a short technical docking for max. 10 days.

12 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

It will be a short technical docking for max. 10 days.

Allure was supposed to be that as well - she was in Cadiz for like a month. And with the French and their 35 hour work week+ COVID restrictions, maybe a bit longer than 10 days. As you said, she's not needed anywhere for a while.

On the Royal Caribben UK Coffee morning they seemed very optimistic about getting Anthem back for the October sailings out of Southampton.

Can anyone see that happening?

13 minutes ago, zjc said:

On the Royal Caribben UK Coffee morning they seemed very optimistic about getting Anthem back for the October sailings out of Southampton.

Can anyone see that happening?

Current ban goes through to end of Sept.
FCO has kinda implied round Britain itineraries will be allowed.  

I think they could get in a few trial cruises, reduced capacity to test the waters (see what I did there...),  But I don’t  think the existing Oct itineraries to France, Spain will go ahead as planned.  

Edited by little britain

Just now, little britain said:

Current ban goes through to end of Sept.
FCO has kinda implied round Britain itineraries will be allowed.  

I think they could get in a few trial cruises, reduced capacity to test the waters (see what I did there...),  But I don’t  think the existing Oct itineraries to France, Spain will go ahead as planned.  

I was wondering if they may do round Britain cruises.

wonder if it’s worth keeping my October cruise as they may offer it to people booking on already first before general sale

Just now, zjc said:

I was wondering if they may do round Britain cruises.

wonder if it’s worth keeping my October cruise as they may offer it to people booking on already first before general sale

They said on that coffee morning that C&A would be first to know! 
I’d happily do a round Britain as I am shamefully ignorant on parts of my own country. 

1 minute ago, little britain said:

I’d happily do a round Britain as I am shamefully ignorant on parts of my own country. 

I just can’t let cruising go. I’m struggling to find a similar land based holiday that’s value for money and can offer similar quality 

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Does it matter? They usually do some works also outside the dry dock and she is not needed urgently somewhere else. It will be a short technical docking for max. 10 days.

Doesn’t really matter like most things, but I was curious

25 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Of course Anthem could stay doing round Britain cruises for longer than planned, maybe into November etc, as it looks like cruising in Europe/Britain could start up before the US so not much point her heading over yet 

Reports from Spain this morning not looking good.

Keep her here for winter. Perfect cold weather ship. 
Could open a world of new itineraries... non stop cruises up to the Northern Lights,  sailing through the fjords ... 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Could open a world of new itineraries... non stop cruises up to the Northern Lights,  sailing through the fjords ... 

We would book that like a shot - anthem would be perfect for those itineraries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

That’s what I was thinking, you couldn’t have a better designed ship for operating out of the UK in the winter. I think these itineraries could be more likely than her NJ itineraries going ahead. 

It would also offer competition to the likes of P&O who are basing the Iona out of Southampton year round so they might do some cruises on her later this year to limited ports. 

Not sure how likely this could be to happen but it would be real nice and I’d definitely book. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, Jack McGowan said:

Anyone know when she is supposed to enter dry dock? Looks like she’s been alongside in Brest for a few days now....

Looks like she is in the dry dock now.

7 hours ago, Lindypops said:

Hope this is a good sign that they think we will be going

RCI's IT system is on automatic pilot - don't think they changed anything to account for the likely coming cancellations.

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI's IT system is on automatic pilot - don't think they changed anything to account for the likely coming cancellations.

With all the doom and gloom around at the moment  e.g. Boris saying we may have to wear masks for the next year , I was trying to inject a small glimmer of hope .

On 7/22/2020 at 11:32 AM, little britain said:

The situation is uncertain, how things are changing in Spain it can happen again in any other country. Have a feeling unfortunately now through all the traveling within Europe for summer holidays things will be going into a wrong direction towards autumn. I wish it woud be different and that we can start cruising again soon but this seems to be our reality at the moment.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:09 AM, little britain said:

where did you see the coffee morning  details?

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Anthem is now on the Southampton port schedule, first time August 15. 

She’ll be stocking up at M&S then hanging around off Bournemouth I suspect!  Although Aug 15 to Sep 11 is a big gap between shopping 🛒 trips?

Oooooh have you seen Jewel is in on Sep 10th? 

Edited by little britain

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

She’ll be stocking up at M&S then hanging around off Bournemouth I suspect!  Although Aug 15 to Sep 11 is a big gap between shopping 🛒 trips?

Oooooh have you seen Jewel is in on Sep 10th? 

Yes, Jewel comes back as well, trust Med season 2020 is over for her.