Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

For those posting on Twitter, the official Celebrity Cruises account on Twitter is "CelebrityCruise" and not "CelebrityCruises" with the 's' on the end (even though that's what the instructions say). I think they hit the character limit when they created their Twitter account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Not being on Facebook or Instagram, I am hoping that someone here who is can tell us, how many people actually got dressed up and posted their photos?  

Hundreds ... and some are pretty EPIC (e.g., Tom only wearing a dickie!)

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Has anyone actually looked at the Facebook page to see how many photos got posted?  I am curious, too.  I can’t look because I’m not on it, or Instagram either.

Yes - for those on Facebook who want to check in, all you have to do is click the hashtag #captainsclubhappyhour in your own post and “hundreds” of photos show up from those that participated.  Some were quite fun and inventive!

My apologies for having such a basic question but I am relatively new to X.  Where do you go to see the points you have earned through these power up offers?  I have found my total point count, but not a list of where or how the points were earned.

Thx!

14 hours ago, long time lurker said:

I did. It was an easy way to score a point. Normally I do not advertise for a company, but at least they are giving something in return, even if only a loyalty point. We are 90 points from elite. Probably will just make it from Power Up, but no harm in boosting the point total. 

Agree 100%.   We were 38 points away from Elite Plus and now we are 32, soon to be in the twenties!

“1” Loyalty point may not seem much on paper, but in my cruise budget excel spreadsheet, it does.  I track costs, points, earned, etc.

For example (pulling a figure out of the air) - if an Oceanview Cabin on a 7-night cruise sold for $1,000 (overall cruise fare) per person, that is $142 per night (or $284 per couple).

If you did that last activity (social media post) which was worth 2 loyalty points that equates to one night in an OV cabin; then to me that has great value for very little effort.  

I already have Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts - so the most difficult part of the last exercise is deciding which platform to utilize for the official activity.   I usually default to FB as it is ridiculously easy to do.   It took me less then 5 minutes to throw on a dress, grab a bottle of JD, and have DH take a photo.  

Points awarded for one-night in an OV cabin - received!

If the trend continues, it’s not impossible to say that we will be Elite Plus before our next sailing!   

In the spirit of fun - I also cross-posted to Instagram and Twitter (which took maybe 2 extra minutes of my time).

1518303395_ScreenShot2020-08-17at7_32_19AM.png.e06bc7815f7c1ea8b7b4b0da425569e7.png

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

My apologies for having such a basic question but I am relatively new to X.  Where do you go to see the points you have earned through these power up offers?  I have found my total point count, but not a list of where or how the points were earned.

Thx!

You will only see total # of points on your account.   You need to personally keep track of your activities and then 2 weeks into the next month, you will see your total # increase.  

For example 100 total points in June, participate in June activities that = 5 points; by July 14th (it takes up to 2 weeks for allocation) your new total should be 105.

Recently booked a Feb 2021 cruise and since it’s still at the same price, we’re going to contact our X Vacation Planner and have him rebook the cruise to generate a new booking number. To help him we just put a cabin in the same category on hold which will make it easy for him to transfer our existing cabin number into the new booking. Chalk up another 8 CC points if the cruise actually sails. Thanks X!!

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Recently booked a Feb 2021 cruise and since it’s still at the same price, we’re going to contact our X Vacation Planner and have him rebook the cruise to generate a new booking number. To help him we just put a cabin in the same category on hold which will make it easy for him to transfer our existing cabin number into the new booking. Chalk up another 8 CC points if the cruise actually sails. Thanks X!!

Won't you lose your $200 extra OBC by making a new booking since that promo is over?

50 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I don;t know if it worked but I put in my booking number from a cruise I booked awhile ago and it looked like it went through. Don;t know if it really did.

Laura

The booking date has to be within the timeframe noted in the T&C which I believe started with today's date. That's why I had to rebook the cruise we originally booked 3 weeks ago in order to get a new booking date as we didn't actually want to book a new cruise to get the PU points.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Is there a new activity after #CaptainsClubHappyHour?

Yes, I believe it started last Wednesday where you can get between 50-80 PU points for a new booking, depending on the cabin category. However, I've since deleted the link. Maybe someone else can post it.

• Thanks 1