Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

17 minutes ago, SunsetPoint said:

Nope, this latest one just isn't going to happen for me.  Doing a survey is one thing.  Asking me to play dress-up and be a commercial on social media is not worth a couple of points.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunsetPoint said:

Nope, this latest one just isn't going to happen for me.  Doing a survey is one thing.  Asking me to play dress-up and be a commercial on social media is not worth a couple of points.

I agree.  This is the second time they have involved social media for a few measly points.  Not interested.

• Like 3

Activity Summary & Feedback

• Surveys (permanent points)
  • Social Media Participation (permanent points)
  • Book Airfare (temporary points - if you cancel booking, points taken away)
  • Book a Suite (temporary points - if you cancel booking, points taken away)

Have I missed anything?

I have participated in the surveys and social media participation - those are easy points.

Due to wacky doodle 2020 - booking Airfare / Suites are of non-interest to me at the moment. 

Has there been anyone on this thread who booked a suite during the July CCPU event and actually saw the 10 CC points posted in your account? I know if you cancel the cruise you will lose them, but we didn’t even see them get posted to our accounts in August as we expected they would. 

36 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Has there been anyone on this thread who booked a suite during the July CCPU event and actually saw the 10 CC points posted in your account? I know if you cancel the cruise you will lose them, but we didn’t even see them get posted to our accounts in August as we expected they would. 

The 1 activity (survey for 1 CC pt)  that I participated in (July 2020) has not been posted to my account yet - maybe tomorrow? (14th) or early next week.

On 8/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, Charles4515 said:

You are not getting 20 CC points. You are getting 20 Power Up points. So you and DW are getting 2 CC points. In any case even if Celebrity stays in business or stays in business and does not cut the Captain’s Club my next level is Zenith. Never going to get to Zenith. It would take them establishing another level between Elite Plus and Zenith for me to take this promotion seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, why don't they say that you get 2 CC points. Power Up points are essentially useless. Just marketing BS. 

15 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Yes, why don't they say that you get 2 CC points. Power Up points are essentially useless. Just marketing BS. 

🤣 Actually they do! The conversion  from PowerUp points into CC points is mentioned and explained in each statement and every activity. 

It’s not really Celebrity’s fault that people can’t think straight any more as soon as they read the word POINTS. 😉

• Like 4

14 hours ago, gerelmx said:

What activities have already been rewarded? the last time I received CC points was on July 7

June’s activities were rewarded in July.

I have not seen July’s activities rewarded as of yet (due sometime in August).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, leck57 said:

2033946725_ScreenShot2020-08-14at7_33_54AM.png.e41b06b9deca07ad7df31effb6283895.png

I find them very useful - we are very close to Elite Plus and with all these activities, we might just get there without spending one red cent!

I find them fun and keeps me to connected to my favourite cruise line 🛥️

All a matter of perspective, of course 🌻

Edited by hvbaskey

22 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

Same reason I did not participate on this one. 

• Like 1

Ready for Evening Chic!  #hopefloats - power me up!  activity completed (screenshots from Facebook)

I should edit them to say “from pandemic track pants to dressing up!”  - LOL

1785145466_ScreenShot2020-08-14at10_07_47AM.thumb.png.500b4926d557755393e822052dc445b4.png179009050_ScreenShot2020-08-14at10_08_29AM.png.8815d4ed9fd5fb5e229d595626b4b459.png

• Like 2

How do you find out if the Power Up points were posted to your account?  When I log into Celebrity, I do not see where the Power Up points are listed.  All I see are my total Captain's Club points.  Where would the Power Up points be?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kebrown said:

How do you find out if the Power Up points were posted to your account?  When I log into Celebrity, I do not see where the Power Up points are listed.  All I see are my total Captain's Club points.  Where would the Power Up points be?

For the June activities, I received an email in July to state that my power up points were converted to CC points and posted to my account.

There is no tally of power up points in your account, but you will see an increase in your CC points.  

Best way to track it is to know what your current balance is (e.g., 100 CC points) and then the next month check your balance (e.g., 105 CC points) to verify if the points have been awarded.

On CC home page - sign in and go to “My Tier & Points” and / or the points should show on the home page as well.

Edited by hvbaskey

12 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Does it matter that we've only been doing the CC points under my husband's number?  For some reason, I thought they applied to both of us.  If not, I have a lot of catching up to do.    Arrrgghhh!

Yes, it matters...do it for both accounts..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SeasideMemories said:

June’s points posted in my account around July 8. No points yet from July’s activities but hopefully today. Has ANYONE here gotten their points from July? Not that it’s a big deal but July’s points move us up a tier!  

I am waiting as well for the points to be posted from the July activity. I called Celebrity last week asking when I should expect to see the points added to my account and they said it would be within two weeks of the following month.  That should be by August 14th, today.  I don't see the points added yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Does it matter that we've only been doing the CC points under my husband's number?  For some reason, I thought they applied to both of us.  If not, I have a lot of catching up to do.    Arrrgghhh!

Did you participate in June?  as if you did, you would see whether points were applied to both accounts or just your DH’s.  

I would presume only DH earned the points.

We definitely do the activities for each of us (for each CC membership number).  If one of us doesn’t receive the email, then we just use the email who did receive it and plug in the CC membership number and wash, rinse, repeat activity!

25 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Did you participate in June?  as if you did, you would see whether points were applied to both accounts or just your DH’s.  

I would presume only DH earned the points.

We definitely do the activities for each of us (for each CC membership number).  If one of us doesn’t receive the email, then we just use the email who did receive it and plug in the CC membership number and wash, rinse, repeat activity!

I thought the T&C's said that only one person had to make a booking but both people booked in the cabin would receive the points.

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I thought the T&C's said that only one person had to make a booking but both people booked in the cabin would receive the points.

For a cruise reservation (e.g., Suite Booking Activity) or Celebrity Choice Air Flights - I would believe that to be true (only one person has to do the booking and all individuals within that cabin would be awarded) as they are tied to a particular reservation;

But for individual activities (e.g., surveys, social media posts), Celebrity wouldn’t know who was traveling together in the future as it could vary greatly (one trip with DH, another trip with DS, etc etc) and therefore, I would believe that each individual would be responsible to complete those type of activities.

Edited by hvbaskey