Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

Hooray for you!!!!  next cruise for us!! We need to cruise together again!!

Next cruise (which I believe is the same as yours) will be first for DH, who gets his status from me.  My first was in August and by the end my cruise card was falling apart, so I had them give me a new one before I left the ship on the last day.

8 hours ago, oceancrusin said:

Did anyone receive the standard email “thanks for watching, blah blah” after watching the webinar? Err, maybe that’s only for when they’re live webinars…?

Nope - also did not get a "thanks for registering" - it just took me straight into watching.  I did take a screenshot of the screen at the end that said I had watched it.  

1 hour ago, abbydancer said:

by the end my cruise card was falling apart, so I had them give me a new one before I left the ship on the last day.

I had to get two replacements on our last cruise, and when I was getting my second replacement, there was another gentleman getting his third. They're using terrible card stock.

3 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I had to get two replacements on our last cruise, and when I was getting my second replacement, there was another gentleman getting his third. They're using terrible card stock.

On ours, it was that rather than embossing the info on the card itself, it's a clear sticker with your information printed on it.  The sticker starts coming off after about 5 days.

3 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

On ours, it was that rather than embossing the info on the card itself, it's a clear sticker with your information printed on it.  The sticker starts coming off after about 5 days.

So they're not even plastic anymore?  Wow.  Some things really have changed.

28 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

On ours, it was that rather than embossing the info on the card itself, it's a clear sticker with your information printed on it. The sticker starts coming off after about 5 days.

Same thing on ours, though my second one started delaminating the same day I got it.

On an RCCL cruise we were at Labadee. Our friend put her card in her swim top. When we got back to the ship ( standing in line) she takes it out and it was blank. There on her bosom was a perfect imprint of her details. We laughed so hard and then she asked if they would like to scan her as we entered the ship. This was a new one for them!!

• Haha 11

On 9/17/2022 at 7:18 AM, oceancrusin said:

Did anyone receive the standard email “thanks for watching, blah blah” after watching the webinar? Err, maybe that’s only for when they’re live webinars…?

I watched that webinar using the link posted earlier in this thread, but didn't receive an email afterward or even see a "Congrats" screen at its conclusion that I would have "screen shotted" -- I'm not sure if that construction is a real phrase either 🤣

Anyway, the weird thing is that I sent that same link posted here to my wife, who also watched it. BUT, she told me yesterday that she received a legit CC email from Celebrity to watch it, which I haven't received at all.

cjr

On 9/17/2022 at 8:18 AM, oceancrusin said:

No, and I got an email today offering a 'last chance' to view the webinar – so I signed up again and let it play [there was no sound – not a problem, just sayin']  Doubt that I'll get a 'thank you' email, but at least I know this 'viewing' was after I had received a real invitation in MY name...

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

No, and I got an email today offering a 'last chance' to view the webinar – so I signed up again and let it play [there was no sound – not a problem, just sayin']  Doubt that I'll get a 'thank you' email, but at least I know this 'viewing' was after I had received a real invitation in MY name...

I did the same thing, even though I watched it a second time with my own invitation. It played in a window I wasn't watching.

25 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

It played in a window I wasn't watching.

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I signed up again and let it play [there was no sound – not a problem, just sayin'] 

So many people complain that posting the answers to the quizzes is cheating. So what is this?

5 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Is there a reason you NEED a card with your number on it?

I've never even heard of one. But if you're referring to the discussion above, that's the card you need to get off and on the ship, and to get drinks. Good luck sailing without one.

On 9/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Very odd. I received that same "last chance" email on September 23 and just "officially" registered/watched it today.

To be fair, perhaps I missed the initial CC-points offer because the subject line didn't signal something obvious, such as "Hey, earn CC points here, Dummy" 😀 and I just deleted it amidst the many Celebrity emails I get?

Regardless, after watching it today, I didn't receive a follow-up confirmation email, either. Just have to watch for those sweet CC points to hit my account ~Oct. 14, I guess.

cjr

• Haha 1