Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Quite enjoyed this one and unlike others I've seen I wished you could pause it. I get they don't want people being able to fast forward etc but I got a phone call so had to mute the video and missed a few minutes. It was good, but I wasn't going to start the thing from scratch again to watch the bit I missed!

• Like 1

I liked this one, too.

2 minutes ago, OysterD said:

I get they don't want people being able to fast forward etc

I get that, too, but I have watched many videos where I can pause and even go back but not skip forward.  I guess they need to get used to the idea that folks might actually want to watch these things! 🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I've never had bad ice cream, but have had bad gelato.

I have had wonderful gelato in Italy amd mediocre for tourists gelato in Italy. The Celebrity gelato is okay. I would not pay for it. Here is a tip. The Celebrity gelato does make for a  good affagoto (expresso with gelato) at Cafe Bacio which is next to the gelato place. if you hvae a drink package or are Elite Pus there is no charge for the affagoto.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OysterD said:

Quite enjoyed this one and unlike others I've seen I wished you could pause it. I get they don't want people being able to fast forward etc but I got a phone call so had to mute the video and missed a few minutes. It was good, but I wasn't going to start the thing from scratch again to watch the bit I missed!

For future - you can "pause" by clicking onto a different website / opening a new window.  I did that when I needed to check on something and it automatically paused the video and resumed when I went back to that window.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The Celebrity gelato does make for a  good affagoto (expresso with gelato) at Cafe Bacio which is next to the gelato place. if you hvae a drink package or are Elite Pus there is no charge for the affagoto.

That is fantastic news! I really enjoyed getting them up through my May cruises. In August and September, B2B2B on Summit, it was no longer allowed. There was a barista who would make an "Almost Affogato" if passengers brought a scoop of ice cream down from OVC.

I'm very happy to hear that they are back.

_ _ _ _ _ 

My cardiologist probably preferred when they weren't so easy to get. 

10 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

That is fantastic news! I really enjoyed getting them up through my May cruises. In August and September, B2B2B on Summit, it was no longer allowed. There was a barista who would make an "Almost Affogato" if passengers brought a scoop of ice cream down from OVC.

I'm very happy to hear that they are back.

_ _ _ _ _ 

My cardiologist probably preferred when they weren't so easy to get. 

I am afraid then there is not fantastic news. You sailed more recently than my last cruise. That is unfortunate to hear. I was getting those for years. The more I hear recently the less I like about Celebrity. I will keep doing their Bermuda sailings because not much else to Bermuda but that is about it. So sad….

9 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I am afraid then there is not fantastic news. You sailed more recently than my last cruise. That is unfortunate to hear. I was getting those for years. The more I hear recently the less I like about Celebrity. I will keep doing their Bermuda sailings because not much else to Bermuda but that is about it. So sad….

I guess I jumped the gun. I should not have assumed that you had sailed more recently than I had. 

Maybe it is one of those things that is not consistent across ships. In the name of research, I shall check on the Eclipse in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

As the OP can I please ask that gelato/icecream etc be taken to another thread.  You’re making me hungry for things I can’t have.

I suggest the 'see food' diet – you can see all the gelato you want, as long as you don't eat any of it!  🤣

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been covered.  Earned Power Up points and Go Green bonus points are now showing up on Celebrity’s website.  Log into your account and click on My Cruises, scroll down and click on Points History.  The power up points are showing as well as Go Green points and the double points booking promo.  First photo shows when I clicked on “63 Club Points.”  I had no idea I even qualified for double points on this sailing.🤣

PS:  I discovered the Points History button on the Go Green points thread that @NutsAboutGolfcommented on.  Thank you!

46C0D282-1194-4E05-BBD5-3C049581E69A.jpeg

82717E2E-DD15-455B-834F-6CC34323665A.jpeg

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry if this has already been covered.  Earned Power Up points and Go Green points are now showing up on Celebrity’s website.  Log into your account and click on My Cruises, scroll down and click on Point History.  The power up points are showing as well as Go Green points and the double points booking promo.  Second photo shows when I clicked on “63 Club Points.”  I had no idea I even qualified for double points on this sailing.🤣

46C0D282-1194-4E05-BBD5-3C049581E69A.jpeg

82717E2E-DD15-455B-834F-6CC34323665A.jpeg

I rarely check my points history page because it is usually so static.  So your posting is news to me.  I like the improvement.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry if this has already been covered.  Earned Power Up points and Go Green bonus points are now showing up on Celebrity’s website.  Log into your account and click on My Cruises, scroll down and click on Points History.  The power up points are showing as well as Go Green points and the double points booking promo.  First photo shows when I clicked on “63 Club Points.”  I had no idea I even qualified for double points on this sailing.🤣

PS:  I discovered the Points History button on the Go Green points thread that @NutsAboutGolfcommented on.  Thank you!

Looks like I have PUP's to thank for 41 points 🙂

Tom

• Haha 2