Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

13 hours ago, someguyfl said:

I feel like I'm going to be stuck at Elite for life.

Nothing wrong with that. Our approach about the tier level thing is when it happens it happens. We don't chase it. Of course I (we) took advantage of the PUP program. Why not. Cost nothing but a little time to get the extra CC points while sitting at home. When we first made it to Elite and Diamond (RC) it was before Celebrity and RC joined and then started the reciprocal program. Enjoy the ride while you can. Currently we have a Princess, Celebrity and RC cruises booked. We are not loyal to anyone cruise line. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, someguyfl said:

I feel like I'm going to be stuck at Elite for life. Just hit 304 (thanks to some PUP this year) ... and I have 28 days of cruising in Aqua class next month which will get me to 444 ... but with still another 306 needed to hit Elite Plus, that's more cruising than I've already done!

Sitting at 733 with a cruise scheduled for May.  Walk on board what may be our last Celebrity cruise as Elite and leave Elite + (after the points post).  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sitting at 733 with a cruise scheduled for May.  Walk on board what may be our last Celebrity cruise as Elite and leave Elite + (after the points post).  

I enjoyed the Elite plus benefits on my cruise last month.  Got some nice free specialty teas and coffees during the day and a 15% discount at Sushi on 5 which I wasn't aware of.  Went twice.   I feel I got my benefits worth. Wont make Zenith nor do I care to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Our approach about the tier level thing is when it happens it happens. We don't chase it.

Sometimes we do chase loyalty levels.  Before Celebrity split with Azamara, we had a long cruise booked on Azamara.  We took a short cruise out of Florida on Celebrity to earn enough points for the next level on Azamara for some benefits we wanted on our upcoming long cruise. It was well worth it, and we enjoyed the Celebrity cruise.  

16 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Sometimes we do chase loyalty levels.  Before Celebrity split with Azamara, we had a long cruise booked on Azamara.  We took a short cruise out of Florida on Celebrity to earn enough points for the next level on Azamara for some benefits we wanted on our upcoming long cruise. It was well worth it, and we enjoyed the Celebrity cruise.  

We would do the same if we were a couple of CC points away and didn't have all the extras to purchase prior to the cruise. All the ground transportation, airfare, pre-cruise hotel, meals, etc. So that wouldn't be worth it to us. 

Edited by doghog

4 hours ago, doghog said:

We would do the same if we were a couple of CC points away and didn't have all the extras to purchase prior to the cruise. All the ground transportation, airfare, pre-cruise hotel, meals, etc. So that wouldn't be worth it to us. 

We live in Florida within less than a day's drive of 3 Celebrity embarkation ports.  So booking a knots-run aka mileage run cruise is reasonably easy for us.  I can't tell from your logo where you live.

We finally made Elite Plus from our Galapagos cruise last month.  The 360 Club Points we received from it meant that all the PUP earnings were not needed to achieve it.  2 free bags of laundry here we come!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Congratulations!!!   🎉🎉🎉

Thank you.  When our 2 kids cruised with us, we had 4 free bags of laundry.  Now my wife and I can get our 4 free bags without them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We finally made Elite Plus from our Galapagos cruise last month.  The 360 Club Points we received from it meant that all the PUP earnings were not needed to achieve it.  2 free bags of laundry here we come!

You got 360 points from ONE cruise?? 🤯

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

We finally made Elite Plus from our Galapagos cruise last month.  The 360 Club Points we received from it meant that all the PUP earnings were not needed to achieve it.

Wow, I thought we did well at:

Celebrity Flora

Sep 24  Oct 10, 2023 

Points earned: 288

On 12/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, mahdnc said:

But how much did those 360 points cost 🤔😱

Still 130 points away from Elite plus , 

we did get screwed out of 28 points on one cruise 

First booked an OV than there was a price drop and upgraded to a balcony for the same price ( not with the upgraded bid) with the travel agency 

Celebrity opinion since we book an ov we only get points for an ov 

and under the opinion that since it was with a travel agency and not a bid up promotion we should get the balcony point 🤬

10 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

But how much did those 360 points cost 🤔😱

Still 130 points away from Elite plus , 

we did get screwed out of 28 points on one cruise 

First booked an OV than there was a price drop and upgraded to a balcony for the same price ( not with the upgraded bid) with the travel agency 

Celebrity opinion since we book an ov we only get points for an ov 

and under the opinion that since it was with a travel agency and not a bid up promotion we should get the balcony point 🤬

$8,400 for 360 points = $23/point