No more october sailings

rwdtgb

I have a BTB scheduled for 10/10.  I just paid off the cruise as the final payment date was due.  Kind of like a crap shoot.  Don't make final payment - lose the cruise.  Pay the final payment and my money is tied up.  

This is tough to wait through as this cruises was scheduled after the Mardi Gras cancellation.  Trying to keep track of credits, OBS and such is a nightmare.  

Guess I just have to wait and see what happens.  I know, I know - safety first....but dang it!  I miss cruising!

6 hours ago, rwdtgb said:

It looks like Carnival just pulled all October sailing from Miami and Port Canaveral off. No cruises are showing up. I have a feeling October is gone....

Where did you see this? We are on the Oct 3rd Horizon cruise, but haven't heard anything about it being cancelled!

• Like 1

Our sailing in October on the Pride is no longer bookable. 

Bermuda is not going to have cruise ships this year.
So Carnival will either cancel by final payment or I will just cancel. 

I already have other cancelled cruises obc on a cruise next year which I am not sure will actually sail either.

14 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I am seeing multiple cruises from multiple ports for Oct.  Attempted to do a booking from Port canaveral, Miami, and Galveston and was able to go ll the way thru to the "book now" screen.

baf

Well true no longer grayed out. Only 4 and 5 from galveston, nothing else. I'm not driving to Galveston for a 4 day cruise. But yep the short ones are added back.

One 4 day and three 5 days not booked up.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, cruisinthemed said:

I see many sailings for 7 days in October on *****.com  Some are showing sold out.   

Two sailings of freedom showing on another site. I tried and agent was unable to book either one of them. They dont say sold out but he says carnival doesnt allow him to book them. He tried. 

Maybe at midnight will update or I'll try again tomorrow. No 6 or 7 day shows on carnival site. 

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Two sailings of freedom showing on another site. I tried and agent was unable to book either one of them. They dont say sold out but he says carnival doesnt allow him to book them. He tried. 

Maybe at midnight will update or I'll try again tomorrow. No 6 or 7 day shows on carnival site. 

I noticed that, too.  We have a 7 day booked on 10/18 as of today.  I still see the 4/5 day itineraries out of NOLA but that's it. 

Wonder why there would still be shorter cruises listed but nothing 5+ days?

5 minutes ago, amandajean06 said:

I noticed that, too.  We have a 7 day booked on 10/18 as of today.  I still see the 4/5 day itineraries out of NOLA but that's it. 

Wonder why there would still be shorter cruises listed but nothing 5+ days?

I have 10/4 booked, tried to book 10/11 says its bookable on another site, cant  

That's way I'm asking for refund. I have cruise in jan and b2b in feb, so limited to what dates I can book. 

14 hours ago, drsel said:

We all miss cruising
I just hope the cruise lines do not run out of cash, without having any income and huge expenses for 8 months

As stated by Arnold Donald, Carnival Corp. secured loans through the private sector to remain financially stable until November, if necessary. I myself have repeated that tidbit many times on here since April (when he first mentioned it), as have others too, but unfortunately, it gets buried by all the "bankruptcy" mumbo jumbo. If it goes beyond that, I'm sure they could take care of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

As stated by Arnold Donald, Carnival Corp. secured loans through the private sector to remain financially stable until November, if necessary. I myself have repeated that tidbit many times on here since April (when he first mentioned it), as have others too, but unfortunately, it gets buried by all the "bankruptcy" mumbo jumbo. If it goes beyond that, I'm sure they could take care of it.

Your right.  It is crazy mumbo jumbo to think a company that is bleeding money might possibly have a chance of going bankrupt.  I guess that is the doom and gloom in me.

• Like 1