No more october sailings

rwdtgb

10 hours ago, drsel said:

If they collect only a $50 deposit for a cruise which is later cancelled, I don't think it is deceitful.

we are all hoping that cruises will restart soon and we don't expect them to default on $50

Some have paid more than a $50 deposit.  At what amount would you consider it deceitful?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I don't believe that an employee would have said that comment.

believe it or not she did.  she was referring to the ports being opened in oct(not about carnival not caring). I started talking off the topic of cruises and about covid and politics ect so she relaxed enough to start talking about this administration and such.  We could be looking at a scenario  that the govt may say covid is something we have to live with like other viruses out there and decide they wont block the traveling industry anymore past oct. 

would i count on it , No 

would i be surprised with how the governors in certain states and current administration .  No. 

Edited by seaman11

6 hours ago, drsel said:
6 hours ago, TXCruisers1007 said:
Some have paid more than a $50 deposit.  At what amount would you consider it deceitful?

If they took at least 50% of the total Cruise fare upfront and also made it non-refundable

Yes but they aren't cancelling until after final payment is due, people with some September cruises has to make final payment.  Now their money is tied up for months.

18 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I saw my newly booked 11/7 Vista cruise has been removed from the website. Someone on my cruise asked a PVP and was told it has reached it's capacity level which is around 75%.

TIL they come out to say that officially "limited Cap" I don't believe it..........  A couple days somebody says it was 50% like 2000 on Panorama when it can sail with 4000ish guests..... 

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I saw my newly booked 11/7 Vista cruise has been removed from the website. Someone on my cruise asked a PVP and was told it has reached it's capacity level which is around 75%.

Recently that's how it has started.

I've mentally accepted my October cruise will be cancelled and am trying to decide whether to request a refund.

If in fact they capped the capacity on all the cruises that fell off the website with some that have final due payments starting in alittle over a week how difficult is it for Carnival to sent out an email stating this? If they have already heard from Bermuda that ships won’t be allowed this year how difficult is it to send an email telling customers?  And so on.

1 hour ago, conwakr said:

If in fact they capped the capacity on all the cruises that fell off the website with some that have final due payments starting in alittle over a week how difficult is it for Carnival to sent out an email stating this? If they have already heard from Bermuda that ships won’t be allowed this year how difficult is it to send an email telling customers?  And so on.

exactly   They have not made no kind of an announcement where they say the have limited cap on their ships..... rumors are flying like we will be sailing matter what in October, there will be 75% cap, Panorama will only have 2000 cap, and etc.. The best one yet suddenly they are sold out...   

Edited by Cruiseboy06
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

exactly   They have not made no kind of an announcement where they say the have limited cap on their ships..... rumors are flying like we will be sailing matter what in October, there will be 75% cap, Panorama will only have 2000 cap, and etc.. The best one yet suddenly they are sold out...   

After all these rounds of cancellations that ALL started with sailings disappearing from the website, some people are STILL believing the reduced capacity party line.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

After all these rounds of cancellations that ALL started with sailings disappearing from the website, some people are STILL believing the reduced capacity party line.....

Agreed, we have seen it multiple times now.  Cruises can't be booked, and then they get cancelled.  No way these ships are full, or even at reduced capacity.  What bothers me is that Carnival removes cruises from booking, but then we have to make final payment in order not to lose our deposits.  I am pretty sure there will be a case filed against the cruise lines for continuing to collect payments when they know the cruises will not sail.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

What bothers me is that Carnival removes cruises from booking, but then we have to make final payment in order not to lose our deposits. 

Yes, I am also bothered.  I've had two previous cruises (not on Carnival brand) get cancelled.  The first after Covid hit so understandable and the second was Alaska and I had only paid the deposit when those cancellations were announced and I took FCCs and moved the cruises to next year sad, but not disturbed.  This feels sneaky and dishonest and is disturbing. If the issue is the ports are not going to allow cruise ships or Carnival is committed to only running short hauls around private islands and places they have already secured permission to dock  then Carnival needs to put a stake in the "grayed out and unbookable" cruises and cancel the cruises officially or notify your customers in writing and reassure them. 

• Like 1

Anyone have an idea why 3-5 day sailings are still showing? If they’re going to cancel 7+ day cruises, what would be the difference?
if anyone gets infected on the ship, he will not show any symptoms until he has left the ship and returned home.
so the cruise line cannot get implicated, as the passenger could have got the virus back home also.
That is the reason they are having shorter Cruises only
  • Like 1

I noticed that to with my Jan 16 Breeze cruise. It's not even on the website. My thought is that

the cruise is sold out and that is why it is no longer there. It may be why the October dates

are all not there. I don't think they cancelled October yet. Carnival would have said something.

Edited by debster11

7 minutes ago, debster11 said:

I noticed that to with my Jan 16 Breeze cruise. It's not even on the website. My thought is that

the cruise is sold out and that is why it is no longer there. It may be why the October dates

are all not there. I don't think they cancelled October yet. Carnival would have said something.

if they are planning to cancel October cruises and beyond, likely they will JMO, they could do it by mid July to beginning of August..

59 minutes ago, drsel said:

if anyone gets infected on the ship, he will not show any symptoms until he has left the ship and returned home.
so the cruise line cannot get implicated, as the passenger could have got the virus back home also.
That is the reason they are having shorter Cruises only

If there are more cases from that cruise they will be implicated..

Check this out.  I just checked October's dates for Panorama, at first they were showing only Oct 31st sailing and less than 1 minute later the 24th cruise reappeared suddenly....  Also, I'm booked in 11204 on the 24th an accessible stateroom, 11201,11202, and 11203 ARE still available..  Sold out my ass!!   

Edited by Cruiseboy06

2 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

if they are planning to cancel October cruises and beyond, likely they will JMO, they could do it by mid July to beginning of August..

After final payments, for October cruises have been made or deposits ‘forfeited’ for not making final payment.  Why cancel now, they can get more money if they wait to cancel?

Given the uncertainty...

Why is Carnival not automatically delaying when final payments are due?

Why is Carnival not allowing deposit to deposit transfers for future cruises?

Because it is not financially advantageous for them to do either of those.

Deposits paid on cruises that Carnival cannot commit to honoring... why should anyone have to lose their deposit if Carnival cannot provide the cruise in which the deposit was paid?  Why is it considered an automatic cancellation if those who have paid the deposit do not want to contribute more funds to Carnival for a cruise that very likely will not happen?