What's your stand out moment of your Regent Cruise experience

3 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

An early Regent cruise on Navigator (might have been our first??) and we had just tendered back to the ship from Santorini - Capt MacNeil raised anchor and we departed on time, but since we had a short sail to our next island, he pulled out into the caldera and did lazy circles during dinner as the sun was going down...the world's most amazing revolving restaurant.  Sitting in CR having a magnificent meal as the brilliant blue and white encrusted hillsides slowly transformed to a million shades of orange, gold, amber and yellow, and then pulling out as the evening lights on shore started twinkling on through the deepening shadows.   It was spectacular, unforgettable.

That might have been the exact moment I was hooked.

Captain McDreamy (oops - meant to type Captain MacNeil) was an amazing captain - he is really missed (mostly by women passengers):classic_laugh:

We did a British Isles cruise on Voyager (I don't remember the year).  I think this was the only time that a Regent ship sailed up the Thames and docked in London where the Cutty Sark is/was (it burned, I think, and I don't know if it was rebuilt).  Captain Dag turned around partly up the river, and sailed a good part of it going backwards; I took a picture of him from our suite and somebody asked me why he was angry.  It wasn't an angry face, it was a face of total concentration; it's hard work sailing up a river backwards.  There was a terrible fog, and he didn't know until the very last minute whether or not he could make the turn into the Thames.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 5:16 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

How lucky!  Everybody who I've met who sailed the Song just adored her.

The Song of Flower was our favorite ship.....many happy memories.

Seven Seas Navigator,  Alaska 2015.  Such an incredible trip; I’m a photographer, and we saw the most stunning places, whales, glaciers! And for me, the ship was the perfect size for that type of exploring.

Booked on the Navigator for Amazon Celebration April 2021; starting to fear it won’t happen unless things start to get better instead of worse

I took this image of the Navigator from a small boat excursion.

E26ACA94-EFFC-44ED-B9C9-FC1D8AC3C51B.jpeg

• Like 6

We've only been on Regent once, but my husband had the time of his life on a catamaran at St. Barts.

My moment was trying Dover Sole. I've never been a huge fan, so wasn't expecting the best fish dish of my life. Regent obviously does Sole correctly!

• Like 3

I have only one Regent experience on my belt...mostly filled with Silversea and Seabourn...but I so much enjoyed Chartreuse, and the pool grill as well!  DH and I always enjoy beach and/or pool, so for the most part we take warm water cruises.  Looking forward to another Regent experience some time in the future!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have several standout moments on Regent; all on the same ship.  A couple of years ago we did the transatlantic from NYC to Iceland on the Navigator.  The first moment, that I think about often, was sailing out of NY harbor and we were so close to the Statue of Liberty that we felt like we could touch it.  The second was when we were unable to stop at one of the ports in Greenland and, instead, the captain sailed us through the fjords with a running commentary by Terry.  I can't forget my husband standing on our balcony taking amazing pictures for a number of hours, while I just watched, with the balcony door open so we could hear the commentary.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, flossie009 said:

We have so many happy memories of cruising with Regent ................... and hope that we will have many more when we get through these difficult times.

Just to share two extra special experiences:

The first was our initial exposure to the Regent brand.

Summer 2009 and Voyager was docked overnight in Southampton before embarking on a private charter around the British Isles.

Regent (UK) invited prospective customers to look around the ship and enjoy lunch on board*.

It was a glorious sunny day so the drive to Southampton was a pleasure and the experience on board was magical.

No hard-sell was evident or necessary; the friendly Regent staff & crew put across the “Regent vibe” so well during our few hours on board that we took our first cruise with them in October that year and have cruised with them regularly ever since. 

(*For those requiring disclosure it was a long time ago & we were required to pay for the lunch .................. but we did get a free pen 😉)

The second special memory was on my birthday in 2013 during a TransAtlantic on Mariner.

We had splurged on a Horizon Suite and the day started with a champagne breakfast served on the balcony.

The day coincided with a stop in Madeira and our included excursion was “Tea at Reids” - perfect.

We had a few cruising friends in for drinks & nibbles in the evening as Mariner set sail; a glorious backdrop to our party as the sun set over the town of Funchal.

Then off to Compass Rose for a delicious dinner, finished off with birthday cake and singing waiters.

A truly special day and a joy to spend it with friends on a Regent ship 😀

We are certainly missing our regular injections of Regent pampering this year 😕.

On top of that we told our suitcases that we might not be cruising for a few months and so now we are also having to deal with emotional baggage 🤣

Flossie what HS did you have?  We booked 25 nights in 784 as Decks 8 & 9 were booked. A little concerned about engine noise or tender noise but we love the large deck and will use it often. 

Favorite moment by far...our excursion from Safaga to Luxor! Regent really pulled out all stops on this, with a fabulous itinerary, best guide imaginable and a farewell lunch on the Nile. This was on the Voyager, October – November 2019.

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/the-road-from-safaga-to-luxor-a-photo-essay/

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/luxor-at-last-karnak-temple-luxor-temple-a-milestone-celebration/

https://www.themodernpostcard.com/luxors-valley-of-the-kings-magnificent-tombs-a-reunion-with-king-tut/

Mary

Travel Blog: https://www.themodernpostcard.com

• Like 2