Losing faith in Princess

44 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Maybe India? I know Jalesh Cruises where looking for another ship.

But Jalesh Cruises have been having money problems.

I think they are all having money problems . Mass market cruising is great when all is going well , but the way things are heading I am thinking there will be a return to smaller luxury ships catering to the well heeled who won’t baulk at the high prices that will need to e charged to keep a ship operating .

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 6:59 PM, Elorac123 said:

I have money outstanding now for 4 months and I finally broke today and contacted them and was told it’s in the system ready to be processed and to be patient.!!

Cheers Carole

Well I think we have been patient, 14 weeks since cancellation and counting. Fingers are crossed for you:)

1 hour ago, Steelie said:

Well I think we have been patient, 14 weeks since cancellation and counting. Fingers are crossed for you:)

Just checked the bank account and Princess  have refunded our internet/drinks package today👏 T’is but a drop but certainly a step in the right direction 

Just checked the bank account and Princess  have refunded our internet/drinks package today[emoji122] T’is but a drop but certainly a step in the right direction 

They must have used the money I paid them ( for my April 2021 Princess Sea Cruise) to refund you [emoji6] 

2 hours ago, drsel said:

They must have used the money I paid them ( for my April 2021 Princess Sea Cruise) to refund you emoji6.png 

2 hours ago, drsel said:

They must have used the money I paid them ( for my April 2021 Princess Sea Cruise) to refund you emoji6.png 

Hahaha then I thank you ☺️ 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drsel said:

That’s quite probable . It’s called cash flow . 😉😳🤔

All well and good while the cash is flowing ,but problems galore when that flow dries up .

11 hours ago, Steelie said:

Just checked the bank account and Princess  have refunded our internet/drinks package today👏 T’is but a drop but certainly a step in the right direction 

I got my balance that was left on my cruise card 6 weeks ago, why they don’t handle it all at the same time ???.?.

Cheers Carole

8 hours ago, Steelie said:

Hahaha then I thank you ☺️ 

10 hours ago, drsel said:

Why have you paid for it so early 

Cheers Carole

I phoned my TA yesterday to see when I can expect the fares for our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise (April this year) to be refunded. The TA said they received the money from Princess this week, but they have to 'process' it. This will take a week or two. I am puzzled why it would take so long, but I am happy to get everything back.

Cheers Carole
Instead of flying, I prefer to Cruise from Sydney to Brisbane.
Also to try Princess for the first time.
Any tips and tricks and advice about Princess?

I phoned my TA yesterday to see when I can expect the fares for our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise (April this year) to be refunded. The TA said they received the money from Princess this week, but they have to 'process' it. This will take a week or two. I am puzzled why it would take so long, but I am happy to get everything back.
I would avoid such an agent.

Cheers Carole
This Cruise is a part of my well planned itinerary.
So I had to book it.
It was inexpensive for a 5* rated Cruise line.

If there is a future price drop, I will claim it.
But if I had waited and the price increased....

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Instead of flying, I prefer to Cruise from Sydney to Brisbane.
Also to try Princess for the first time.
Any tips and tricks and advice about Princess?

Sea Princess? If so one of the older ships in the fleet but one of the nicest. She has a wide promenade deck that wraps right around the ship. Crooners is the heart of the ship, both day and night. The Wheelhouse Bar usually has a good dance band. Entertainment is excellent and with enough variety to suit all tastes. If you want a quiet drink there is The Nook. Food is on a par with Celebrity, sometimes better. 

The main downside is that there is no dedicated speciality restaurant. The Sterling Steakhouse is a nightly pop-up in one side of the buffet area. Great food, especially the Black and Blue Onion Soup, but not much ambiance.

If you want a quiet outdoor spot Princess has The Sanctuary. It costs extra, $20pp half day, $40pp full day. Afternoon tea is served at your sun lounger and the views are great.

• Like 1

Princess refunded the cost of rwo water packages in the past couple of days, we cancelled our Sapphire cruise on March 22nd. So it took about 14 weeks for the refund to come through. We used FCD, so no other payments had been made and the FCDs were put back on our A/C immediately.

Leigh

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

SO they can make some money on your money.......?. To be fair our TA were very quick to refund our land tour that we had booked before our Med cruise.  What day in April was your cruise? I’m hoping that they may be refunding by date of cruise and our 16/5 one may be soon......🤞

4 hours ago, Steelie said:

SO they can make some money on your money.......?. To be fair our TA were very quick to refund our land tour that we had booked before our Med cruise.  What day in April was your cruise? I’m hoping that they may be refunding by date of cruise and our 16/5 one may be soon......🤞

With the low interest rates prevailing at the moment, I don't think anyone is making much money on investments. Our April cruise was 7th, but I don't think Princess is refunding cruises in chronological order. Around a month ago I was offered a refund on my deposit on my 2nd July cruise (the TA had it available). It was just a FCD $100, whereas on the 7th April cruise 35 night cruise, we had paid the balance. The bottom line on how they are managing refunds is that I don't know. I don't think anyone outside Princess knows. Maybe my July one was processed earlier because it could be handled easily because it was just the FCD.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Steelie said:

Refund of May 16 cruise that was cancelled mid-March finally received yesterday🙌🤗. Hopefully not much longer for those of you still waiting.....🤞

Well done getting your money back. 🤑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelie said:

Refund of May 16 cruise that was cancelled mid-March finally received yesterday🙌🤗. Hopefully not much longer for those of you still waiting.....🤞

Still waiting for out return air fare refund from Perth to Brisbane and don’t know if I will get the Singapore to Brisbane refunded,Qantas were uncontactable fir us to transfer the fares, sat on the phone 100 minutes when we got home in February and it cost me what the air fare was worth to cancel it !

Cheers Carole

With the low interest rates prevailing at the moment, I don't think anyone is making much money on investments. Our April cruise was 7th, but I don't think Princess is refunding cruises in chronological order. Around a month ago I was offered a refund on my deposit on my 2nd July cruise (the TA had it available). It was just a FCD $100, whereas on the 7th April cruise 35 night cruise, we had paid the balance. The bottom line on how they are managing refunds is that I don't know. I don't think anyone outside Princess knows. Maybe my July one was processed earlier because it could be handled easily because it was just the FCD.

They are refunding all the small amounts first (like deposits upto $100).

The larger the amount, the longer will be the wait time.

They need to generate a lot of cash to repay large amounts.

22 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Still waiting for out return air fare refund from Perth to Brisbane and don’t know if I will get the Singapore to Brisbane refunded,Qantas were uncontactable fir us to transfer the fares, sat on the phone 100 minutes when we got home in February and it cost me what the air fare was worth to cancel it !

Cheers Carole

Had no trouble getting QANTAS flight credits for a separate planned domestic trip but am still waiting on Emirates refund for overseas flights associated with the cruise holiday🤞

17 hours ago, drsel said:

They are refunding all the small amounts first (like deposits upto $100).

The larger the amount, the longer will be the wait time.

They need to generate a lot of cash to repay large amounts.

A week ago my TA advised that they had received the refund from Princess, but they have to 'process' it. I can't see why that would take a couple of weeks, but we will see. Two people on a 35 night cruise is a fair bit of money.🙂

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A week ago my TA advised that they had received the refund from Princess, but they have to 'process' it. I can't see why that would take a couple of weeks, but we will see. Two people on a 35 night cruise is a fair bit of money.🙂

My refund from the TA took around 2 weeks for our April Princess cruise. Good luck with you refund.