mardi gras

bwlive

We're on the Dec. 5, 2020 sailing. I doubt its going to happen, but sure would like know for sure in order to make alternate sailing plans....

We booked the Dec. 26, 2020, sailing of Mardi Gras (New Years cruise!) as soon as bookings became available and are still hoping the ship will be completed and will cruise then. That cruise is still almost 6 months away and we can only remain hopeful that the worst of this pandemic will be behind us by then. We have had 3 cruises cancelled so far this year, 2 on Princess in the Spring and now the Aug. 29 cruise on Carnival Magic so have had our share of disappointments.  We will not cancel and will take our chances should the Dec. cruise go forward. Should Carnival be forced to cancel it we will have to look at our rebooking options at that time, but will have a very unhappy granddaughter if this happens. 

On 7/1/2020 at 11:32 AM, Cruising_Addict said:

First sailing on the Mardi Gras will be 3/27/21. All sailings before that were taken off the website because they are going to be cancelled

On 7/1/2020 at 1:57 PM, crewsweeper said:

And this is semi-official or just your read of the online booking system

37 minutes ago, 40yearcruiser said:

We booked the Dec. 26, 2020, sailing of Mardi Gras (New Years cruise!) as soon as bookings became available and are still hoping the ship will be completed and will cruise then.

Looks like Cruising_Addict is spot on.  I just checked 2 different national on line cruise sellers that cannot be named here and both of them had the Mardi Gras listed as Sold Out for all types of cabins until the 3/27/21 sailing.  So, if you're booked wait till Carnival cancels if you wish to use the FCC option or if you booked under ES so you don't lose your deposit.  If your deposit is refundable and you're not taking the FCC, cancel now so you can get your refund and research alternative travel plans if desired.

I think that means they are all sold out since they changed their dates from being canceled from the Aug dates to November dates...is my take on why they are all sold out

Edited by bwlive

The Mardi Gras cruises have been "sold out" for months. Whether the cabins are all sold or if Carnival decided to close bookings because of the delay in delivery of the ship and uncertainty when it will be ready only the Carnival insiders know. Unfortunately, the decision of when ANY cruises will start again depends on the CDC and if they continue their current position to block the cruise lines from opening. And, of course, whether there are any ports open for the ships to visit. We can only hope that the spread of COVID will slow down over the next few months so that it is again safe (or within reason) to cruise again.  

The first 16 Mardi Gras sailings up until March 27th went to Sold Out overnight, several months ago.

Speculation if it was start up capacity limitation or doubt about delivery has been discussed on several forums. 

No firm answers from CCL yet.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the Mardi Gras is sold out until March. Carnival has bookings available on November 27th, December 4th & 18th, January 2nd and March 2nd. This is on Carnivals website and has been that way for more than a month. I am on the January 16th sailing and Carnival told me last week it is still a go. 

14 minutes ago, bender031177 said:

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the Mardi Gras is sold out until March. Carnival has bookings available on November 27th, December 4th & 18th, January 2nd and March 2nd. This is on Carnivals website and has been that way for more than a month. I am on the January 16th sailing and Carnival told me last week it is still a go. 

I just got off of Carnival's website and made an attempt to book a cruise for January 2021 on the Mardi Gras and was not able to.  The only sailings out of PC were on the Elation, Liberty and Radiance.  Carnival will tell their people to tell you it's still a go so that you don't  cancel and wish to get your refundable deposit back.  This way they keep more money  in the coffers and more cruisers in the dark as to what is really going on.

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I just got off of Carnival's website and made an attempt to book a cruise for January 2021 on the Mardi Gras and was not able to.  The only sailings out of PC were on the Elation, Liberty and Radiance.  Carnival will tell their people to tell you it's still a go so that you don't  cancel and wish to get your refundable deposit back.  This way they keep more money  in the coffers and more cruisers in the dark as to what is really going on.

I wonder if it's regional? I just went through the booking for the November 27th sailing and got as far as the deposit screen without any problems.

26 minutes ago, bender031177 said:

I wonder if it's regional? I just went through the booking for the November 27th sailing and got as far as the deposit screen without any problems.

Of what year? There is a Nov 27 sailing in 2021.

33 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

More conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence. How about this for a theory - the sooner the US gets covid-19 under control, the sooner cruising can begin.

Other conspiracy theories include Radiance being canceled - it hasn't been.

1 hour ago, bender031177 said:

Those are 2021 Sailing Dates , not 2020 .

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

You lost me on the more money thing....how would that get them more money if they do not let you book it?

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

More conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence. How about this for a theory - the sooner the US gets covid-19 under control, the sooner cruising can begin.

Other conspiracy theories include Radiance being canceled - it hasn't been.

No conspiracy theory with what I posted.   Straight from Carnival's website and previously mentioned from two independent sellers. My post also mentioned that Radiance was able to be booked on Carnival's website for January  sailings.

Don't  appreciate being called a conspiracy theorist.  I will go back and forth with intelligent posters regarding various topics,  but hate dealing with pot stirrers like yourself.

9 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No conspiracy theory with what I posted.   Straight from Carnival's website and previously mentioned from two independent sellers. My post also mentioned that Radiance was able to be booked on Carnival's website for January  sailings.

These are your words, not Carnival's :

"Carnival will tell their people to tell you it's still a go so that you don't  cancel and wish to get your refundable deposit back.  This way they keep more money  in the coffers and more cruisers in the dark as to what is really going on. "

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You lost me on the more money thing....how would that get them more money if they do not let you book it?

Jimbo, I was referring to people that are currently booked, but have not been told by Carnival that there sailing up until the end of March more than likely will be cancelled.  The longer Carnival holds onto the monies from cruisers with refundable deposits, it's just more interest free loans that Carnival gets.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

These are your words, not Carnival's :

"Carnival will tell their people to tell you it's still a go so that you don't  cancel and wish to get your refundable deposit back.  This way they keep more money  in the coffers and more cruisers in the dark as to what is really going on. "

And my words that you just quoted are factual.  All of the lines are stretching out their refund policies for the most part since they currently have very little monies coming in besides those that are placing deposits on future sailings or buying drink packages or excursions on future booked sailings.  

11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

And my words that you just quoted are factual.  All of the lines are stretching out their refund policies for the most part since they currently have very little monies coming in besides those that are placing deposits on future sailings or buying drink packages or excursions on future booked sailings.  

Your words are your opinion. The facts are that Carnival continues to arrange for billions in financing and the deposit money they have received is not enough to keep them afloat. Less than half the people are even asking for refunds. The people who accept FCCs in lieu of a refund are generously overcompensated. Refunds simply are not taking as long as they used to.

23 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Jimbo, I was referring to people that are currently booked, but have not been told by Carnival that there sailing up until the end of March more than likely will be cancelled.  The longer Carnival holds onto the monies from cruisers with refundable deposits, it's just more interest free loans that Carnival gets.

There you go again. That's an opinion. Actually worse, since it is a rumor that could easily be false.

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

There you go again. That's an opinion. Actually worse, since it is a rumor that could easily be false.

No opinion involved.  It's a 100% bonafide indisputable fact that the longer the cruise lines take to refund people, the more money they get to keep interest free.   There is no rumor involved here.  Check out all of the other main stream cruise lines boards on Cruise  Critic,  there are a plethora of threads discussing this same topic.  But it's  all just a rumor that could easily be false in your opinion, LOL.