Its time to move on from 2020

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I did see an interesting video from Illinois that no matter the cause of death, if you test positive for Covid, your cause of death is Covid. Thats just wrong

And if you are tested 3 times and all are positive that adds 3 cases to the total.  CDC is going to rule as long as they can.  Figures lie and liars figure.

how did you get covid 19.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sorry, just floored with recent comments that the deaths are a coming.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. 

Brevard is +6 from yesterday. Our biggest spike of the pandemic. That's a total of 10 in 6 weeks, so it's getting worse.

Now Marion, my new domicile, was zero yesterday, only 12 for the pandemic. But it's not as touristy

You are beginning to sound like a certain poster from the magical zip code in SC who continually downplayed CV-19. It's like me saying that covid-19 wasn't so bad in NY since nobody on my street died. 🙄

Funny we haven't seen much of her since cases started to rise.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Jury still out on that, I wouldn't presume to be an expert

I did see an interesting video from Illinois that no matter the cause of death, if you test positive for Covid, your cause of death is Covid. Thats just wrong

And then there is this. People dying at home of covid are not being counted. It was an issue in NY and now is an issue on Houston, TX.  Source is Houston Fire Dept.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-surges-houston-confronts-its-hidden-toll-people-dying-home-n1233151 

"Many people who die at home are not tested for COVID-19, said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. In New York City, for example, only 16 percent of the 11,475 at-home deaths between February and June have been attributed to COVID-19, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“There’s no reflexive testing,” Faust said, noting that medical examiners are selective about the cases they take. “There’s no pressure to call it a COVID death.”

You'd be a fool to think it's not happening in every state.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Is it just me, or is that time lag getting longer🤔

It's you.  It's always been the average time frame. Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Y'all won't be vindicated till we hit 1000 deaths per day😉

I hope not. Because if it does, another lock-down will be the least of our worries.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You are beginning to sound like a certain poster from the magical zip code in SC who continually downplayed CV-19. It's like me saying that covid-19 wasn't so bad in NY since nobody on my street died. 🙄

Funny we haven't seen much of her since cases started to rise.

And then there is this. People dying at home of covid are not being counted. It was an issue in NY and now is an issue on Houston, TX.  Source is Houston Fire Dept.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/coronavirus-surges-houston-confronts-its-hidden-toll-people-dying-home-n1233151 

"Many people who die at home are not tested for COVID-19, said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. In New York City, for example, only 16 percent of the 11,475 at-home deaths between February and June have been attributed to COVID-19, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“There’s no reflexive testing,” Faust said, noting that medical examiners are selective about the cases they take. “There’s no pressure to call it a COVID death.”

You'd be a fool to think it's not happening in every state.

I'm not downplaying anything. 

You'd be a fool to think that. Just sharing information.

And all I read in this post is NY lied about their total deaths. 🤔

Hmmmm

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's you.  It's always been the average time frame. Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

I hope not. Because if it does, another lock-down will be the least of our worries.

Ok, help me out. The spike here started around June 20, roughly 3 weeks ago. With your 6 week timeline, does that mean we are now in the 5th week if we go back two weeks to incubate. 

Definitely been around 6 weeks since the SpaceX launch drew 100,000+ people invading our beaches. Twice, no less😉

And Memorial Day was 7 weeks ago, luckily mother nature brought a lot of rain to our little paradise

I'm honestly curious since you lived thru it while I was quarantining and not paying attention

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not downplaying anything. 

You'd be a fool to think that. Just sharing information.

Ah, okay.  Thank you. I guess theme of your recent posts where you continually state low numbers while numbers are rising all around you certainly had me fooled.

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And all I read in this post is NY lied about their total deaths. 🤔

Hmmmm

LOL, Maybe you should read the link. It was about Houston. But yes, NY under reported numbers too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, help me out. The spike here started around June 20, roughly 3 weeks ago. With your 6 week timeline, does that mean we are now in the 5th week if we go back two weeks to incubate. 

I'm honestly curious since you lived thru it while I was quarantining and not paying attention

Since hospitalizations are up and deaths are beginning to tick up, it would appear so.  I'll quote the important parts so you don't have to click the article.  I know sometime people are hesitant to click on links

Headline

Florida’s coronavirus death rate is trending up again after rising hospitalizations"

"Florida COVID-19 update on 7/9 for 7/8: 120 new deaths (all-time highest), 8,935 new positives, 37,247 new people tested, 411 new hospitalizations (all-time highest). Positivity at 18.39% state-wide."

The other day someone posted that 46 people died in Florida and another frequent postedr said the number of deaths was declining. Not sure how going from 46 to 120 is a decline. Hmmmmm

Should you be interested in reading the whole article, here is the link.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article244108172.html

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Ah, okay.  Thank you. I guess theme of your recent posts where you continually state low numbers while numbers are rising all around you certainly had me fooled.

LOL, Maybe you should read the link. It was about Houston. But yes, NY under reported numbers too. 

I did read the article, it said Houston's findings were inconclusive

As far as me stating low numbers, that's just the way it is. My county of 600,000 people has 26 deaths. That number has almost doubled in 6 weeks. 

Edited by John&LaLa

And if you are tested 3 times and all are positive that adds 3 cases to the total.  CDC is going to rule as long as they can.  Figures lie.

That is not correct, tests are tracked per person and not per test taken. 12 News did a Verify report on this rumor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I did read the article, it said Houston's findings were inconclusive

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. The word inconclusive doesn't even appear in the article.

• Like 1

The media likes to whip everyone up into a frenzy with their 10-second sound bites on daily positive test totals.  What they don't include in their info is how many of those who test positive are asymptomatic, how many have minor symptoms, how many have more aggressive symptoms but are recovering at home, how many had to visit an ER because of symptoms, how many were hospitalized and how many are in an ICU on a ventilator (& also, how many had pre-existing conditions).   

My 25 y.o. daughter and 9 of her friends tested positive 3 weeks ago after a girls trip weekend in a neighboring state.  One was asymptomatic and the other 8 had minor, unremarkable symptoms (all of them self-isolated after suspecting that they may have been exposed in a crowded restaurant with no social distancing requirements).  Thankfully, all have recovered.  As someone who is concerned about the virus, I feel much better about the daily number of positive tests when I am also given the information on the number of positives who are asymptomatic or who have symptoms and recover.  The media seems intent on riling everyone up with the bad news, without providing all the information.  Thank God they got rid of the "Covid Ticker" that used to run along the bottom of my TV screen!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, momofmab said:

The media likes to whip everyone up into a frenzy with their 10-second sound bites on daily positive test totals.  What they don't include in their info is how many of those who test positive are asymptomatic, how many have minor symptoms, how many have more aggressive symptoms but are recovering at home, how many had to visit an ER because of symptoms, how many were hospitalized and how many are in an ICU on a ventilator (& also, how many had pre-existing conditions). 

Do the states provide that level of detail to the media?  The media can't report it if they don't have it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. The word inconclusive doesn't even appear in the article.

I paraphrased

Screenshot_20200710-072857_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b401b82d22ea889ab7f662af3ae72ad.jpg

I interpreted the article as saying the media has scared seniors and the at risk into not calling paramedics until its to late. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Do the states provide that level of detail to the media?  The media can't report it if they don't have it. 

Excellent explanation. In fact, some States are not even reporting true data. This morning news started that 1 in 3 on AZ and 1 in 4 in FL are testing positive.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No worries, I'm a transplant anyway.

I almost said Newfie. I really can't recall any, I just know they exist.  Kind of like Yooper jokes in Michigan. Those are brutal.

I used to know Yukon jokes in college. Definitely not fit for mixed company

I guess we are a whole different kind of stupid down here.

The Yoopers tell more jokes about the Trolls in Southern Michigan. 🙂

We hunted Newfoundland in the late 90's.  Met some GREAT people up there.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, momofmab said:

My 25 y.o. daughter and 9 of her friends tested positive 3 weeks ago after a girls trip weekend in a neighboring state.  One was asymptomatic and the other 8 had minor, unremarkable symptoms (all of them self-isolated after suspecting that they may have been exposed in a crowded restaurant with no social distancing requirements).  Thankfully, all have recovered.  As someone who is concerned about the virus, I feel much better about the daily number of positive tests when I am also given the information on the number of positives who are asymptomatic or who have symptoms and recover.  The media seems intent on riling everyone up with the bad news, without providing all the information.  Thank God they got rid of the "Covid Ticker" that used to run along the bottom of my TV screen!

Be that as it may, the point of reporting positive cases is unrelated to the symptoms that the infected person has. The point is that the more people who have covid the more it will spread. In my opinion the asymptomatic are the most dangerous because they are walking around not knowing that they are spreading the virus. Eventually those with minor symptoms will be passing it on to those with weaker immune systems and those with more compromised conditions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Be that as it may, the point of reporting positive cases is unrelated to the symptoms that the infected person has. The point is that the more people who have covid the more it will spread. In my opinion the asymptomatic are the most dangerous because they are walking around not knowing that they are spreading the virus. Eventually those with minor symptoms will be passing it on to those with weaker immune systems and those with more compromised conditions. 

Why I wear a mask

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

FL gets a bad rep, I get it. But I mentioned this a week ago, and its still true.

I follow several local FB groups for Cocoa Beach. Every day I see multiple posts from visitors asking about the conditions here because they are headed down. When a local tries to discoursge them and suggest they stay home, typical reply is 'F You, I didnt ask for your advice, we're coming, deal with it.'

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Media Sensationalism. Florida positive 9800. You report 10,000. Media does the same. This morning, media reports 40 hospitals have no vacant ICU beds. Many small and community Hospitals have no ICU beds in good times and many less than 10. 

Talk to my son daily. He works at largest hospital in Florida. Although they are busy, nothing like is reported by the media. Typically, it’s one nurse to one patient. Now it’s one nurse to two patients. Still have ICU beds. They have a plan in place to add more beds as needed. They converted additional floors, in the beginning, to have in case of the rush that never happened in March. They can always revert back to those floors. 

Sensationalism 

M8

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FL gets a bad rep, I get it. But I mentioned this a week ago, and its still true.

I follow several local FB groups for Cocoa Beach. Every day I see multiple posts from visitors asking about the conditions here because they are headed down. When a local tries to discoursge them and suggest they stay home, typical reply is 'F You, I didnt ask for your advice, we're coming, deal with it.'

Yep. As I have said before, so many out of state tags along A1A. NY/NJ//CT/PA. 

M8

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Media Sensationalism. Florida positive 9800. You report 10,000. Media does the same. This morning, media reports 40 hospitals have no vacant ICU beds. Many small and community Hospitals have no ICU beds in good times and many less than 10. 

Talk to my son daily. He works at largest hospital in Florida. Although they are busy, nothing like is reported by the media. Typically, it’s one nurse to one patient. Now it’s one nurse to two patients. Still have ICU beds. They have a plan in place to add more beds as needed. They converted additional floors, in the beginning, to have in case of the rush that never happened in March. They can always revert back to those floors. 

Sensationalism 

M8

Um...that's not what I was talking about.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As do I.  Those with compromised immune systems should do what they can to keep from infection. 

I do my part. We social distance and wear a mask where appropriate. 

M8

• Like 2