For anyone worried about refunds...

edspec

Had an April 6th cruise booked with my mom, cancelled by Carnival, we requested a refund.  A couple of weeks later saw a deal on Panorama for July, asked my PVP if we could change the refund request to FCC and book.  He said yes, we booked, paid in full, and as you all know July was cancelled.  I requested a refund of the July cruise fare over the amount paid for April, plus the original April fare, and received it on my credit card this morning.  Carnival treated us well, and fingers crossed that my Thanksgiving Panorama cruise happens.  In my opinion Carnival is doing a great job given a horrific set of circumstances.  I will make a point of sailing with them at least once per year going forward.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, edspec said:

Had an April 6th cruise booked with my mom, cancelled by Carnival, we requested a refund.  A couple of weeks later saw a deal on Panorama for July, asked my PVP if we could change the refund request to FCC and book.  He said yes, we booked, paid in full, and as you all know July was cancelled.  I requested a refund of the July cruise fare over the amount paid for April, plus the original April fare, and received it on my credit card this morning.  Carnival treated us well, and fingers crossed that my Thanksgiving Panorama cruise happens.  In my opinion Carnival is doing a great job given a horrific set of circumstances.  I will make a point of sailing with them at least once per year going forward.

Yup, I think Carnival is going a great job, in a very difficult time. 

We cancelled our Jan,2021 cruise on the Radiance and transferred to the Legend Jan 2021 because we weren't that confident the Radiance would actually be refurbished) on June 23.  Got the $2500 difference back on cc this morning.  I think that's faster than pre covid!

baf

I moved the money from a cruise cancelled on June 24 to a different sailing and had more than I needed, so I requested a refund of the difference.  Received it yesterday, July 3.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

10 hours ago, edspec said:

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being patient and understanding during this crazy time! Most people don't understand what the process really entails to process refunds and if people are as rude to customer service as they are on these boards...well...I'll just leave it at that and everyone can fill in the blanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Autumnrose said:

I called and the agent canceled my Sept 20th cruise and processed the refund on June 26th. I got the refund yesterday. It only took a week. 

Well done! On May 5, cancelled a cruise booked for November this year. Received our deposit back this morning only two months later. Happy cuz we were told it would take three months...

We have had good experiences with the refunds from 5 cruises, 4 from carnival and one from RCCL during this pandemic. I received all refunds within 4-6 weeks. Only cruise I did have an issue with was a 4 day I booked with a big box online. They screwed up the FCC for my 4/27 canceled cruise and my 5/16 canceled cruise. When I went to 8/31, I transferred booking back to carnival and the rep fixed everything that the TA messed up and would not fix. We were surprised how quickly the online purchases like FTTF and internet were reimbursed.

Also, the excursions I purchased from locals were all either reimbursed or I was given a credit. Hotels let us cancel and move. Airlines were easy to deal with in moving flights.

Edited by jean87510

My refund came quickly.  Carnival cancelled my September cruise, so I rolled my money to a January cruise.  Since the January cruise was much less expensive, I was due a refund of approximately $1,000.  I just received it on July 3rd.  That was fast!

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

My refund came quickly.  Carnival cancelled my September cruise, so I rolled my money to a January cruise.  Since the January cruise was much less expensive, I was due a refund of approximately $1,000.  I just received it on July 3rd.  That was fast!

Wow, that WAS fast! Someone else posted they got a quick refund. Congrats to all for speedy refunds. 👍

• Like 1

We also received a prompt refund. We were sailing 8/8 on the Breeze , our cruise was cancelled. I received the email on June 23rd asking me what I’d like, I chose the refund since I had paid in full and too much uncertainty right now with cruising . I received my full refund 7/3/2020. I really was anticipating a long refund and was pleasantly surprised.

I’m thinking if I rebook a cruise in the near future , it may have to be with another cruise line that offers up to 48 hours prior cancellations if need be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have also received all of my refund requests. A canceled March 2020 and May 2020. Have gotten everything I requested from Carnival. 

People just need to be patient and allow time for them to process everything in this very difficult time. If you can't afford to wait up to 90 days to get back money you spent on a cruise then maybe you shouldn't be spending that kind of money on cruising. 

My cruise for May 9th paid for with all gift cards was cancelled April 2nd and I have not received any new gift cards as of now 7-5-20.  I am going to call Costco who I booked with to check status tomorrow.

Edited by n6uqqq

Just wondering if I should call or use the link provided in the email to request a refund for my canceled cruise.  For those that received timely refunds what method did you use. Thanks!

1 hour ago, LynnB said:

Just wondering if I should call or use the link provided in the email to request a refund for my canceled cruise.  For those that received timely refunds what method did you use. Thanks!

I called my pvp and she got my refund in 3 weeks.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:20 PM, john91498 said:

I called my pvp and she got my refund in 3 weeks.

I'm done with mine after basically being useless over the past month.

I rolled and booked my own cruise this week..

Funds for our May cancelled cruises are trickling in this week after I spoke to a helpful person at the 800#.

No more PVP for me and I will tell her why when she calls or emails when she see I booked my own cruise..

8 hours ago, Kansasbuckeye said:

Waiting . . . 95 days😡. There is no rhyme or reason to the refunds. 

I am also waiting for 2 canceled cruise refunds. one was canceled in march and the other in april 😞

Had an April 25th 2020 cruise canceled right at the end of March.  I rebooked same cruise for time time next year.  All my cruise credit was transferred over within 3 days.  I received refunds on my booked shore excursions on gift cards cause I used gift cards to book them, got those within 2 months.  Still waiting on refund for WiFi package I also purchased with gift cards.  Don’t know what number to call and ask about it or what email to inquire about it though.  Not that I could probably get through to anyone anyway as busy as the lines are from what it sounds like.  Not just going to forget it and take my losses that WiFi package for wife and I was almost $200.  I’m over 100 days still waiting for our the last of our refund

I’m still waiting after over 90 days. Carnival cancelled My April sailing on March 30th and I requested a full refund. TA has called many times as have I. I’ve been told every story in the book. One said they lost my refund request even though I have a voice mail from them a week after cancellation confirming. Another said 90 days. Another said it was processed when it wasn’t. Another said they are no longer allowed to discuss refunds. And another said indefinite wait. They sent an email mid May that my shore excursion would be refunded and it never has - much less the cruise fare or upgrade I paid for. I’ve tried to be patient but have lost faith in Carnival at this point. Too many of us have fallen through the cracks. I don’t want to file a credit card dispute but seems like I may have to.