If I can't cruise I might as well smell like I'm on one

I've brought back two, one from each bathroom , but squirel them away. At times like this it is nice to bring one out.

Smell is very closely linked to memory and it gives me a lift at the moment every time I wash my hands.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

New stuff is Bigelow...Large refillable bottle in all rooms including top suites. We were not impressed, shower gel smelled and felt exactly the same as the shampoo, conditioner not bad.

Worse problem is the bottles (at least in our suite) were not fixed to a wall so then needed to be held and pumped, not easy with slippery hands...Also as they are reused it was another thing for us to sanitize as we entered the room.

Whilst we fully support the need to reduce plastic waste we were not impressed with this stuff and will be taking our own products next cruise...loved the Bvlgari!

Thanks 👍

Phil 

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

I've brought back two, one from each bathroom , but squirel them away. At times like this it is nice to bring one out.

Smell is very closely linked to memory and it gives me a lift at the moment every time I wash my hands.

I squireled ours away too. I also put one in each of our suitcases. When it's time to pack for a cruise, when the bags are opened, they smell like Bvlgari. I detest packing but the scent makes the job a lot more pleasant. 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I squireled ours away too. I also put one in each of our suitcases. When it's time to pack for a cruise, when the bags are opened, they smell like Bvlgari. I detest packing but the scent makes the job a lot more pleasant. 😁

Great idea!  I don't use bar soap except on the ship at the sink.  It is very nice soap.  I usually save these for guests.  But they can be saved for guests and scent my suitcases at the same time!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

New stuff is Bigelow...Large refillable bottle in all rooms including top suites. We were not impressed, shower gel smelled and felt exactly the same as the shampoo, conditioner not bad.

Worse problem is the bottles (at least in our suite) were not fixed to a wall so then needed to be held and pumped, not easy with slippery hands...Also as they are reused it was another thing for us to sanitize as we entered the room.

Whilst we fully support the need to reduce plastic waste we were not impressed with this stuff and will be taking our own products next cruise...loved the Bvlgari!

This is what we had on Equinox in our Sky Suite in January (sigh...….).  I also hate these big bottles.  They are awkward to handle, and I do not like the product nearly as well.  The skeptic in me is not sure it is really about reducing plastic waste (although that is a happy side effect).  I think it is all about the $$.  With the new normal (whatever that will be) maybe cruise lines and hotels will go back to individual bottles.  We always recycle them and hopefully most do as well.  

Edited by phoenix_dream

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

This is what we had on Equinox in our Sky Suite in January (sigh...….).  I also hate these big bottles.  They are awkward to handle, and I do not like the product nearly as well.  The skeptic in me is not sure it is really about reducing plastic waste (although that is a happy side effect).  I think it is all about the $$.  With the new normal (whatever that will be) maybe cruise lines and hotels will go back to individual bottles.  We always recycle them and hopefully most do as well.  

I agree.  I think it's all about the $$.  The Bigelow stuff is cheap.  When they started all this talk about reducing plastic waste, I asked why they were still using those ridiculous small plastic spoons at the ice cream station.  That would be an excellent place to start!  Since they have a ton of real spoons on board.

• Like 1