Crown & Anchor Points For Canceled Cruises

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Good points. 

Not all Suite guests are frequent cruisers. As far as the CK goes, many cruises are not a problem. The lower fare winter rates attract a bunch of D+ and above. Many B2B+. Suites can’t make reservations until mid week the week prior (and this is not known by all nor published). Many Suite guest would like to make reservations once onboard or the day they would like to dine in the CK. It’s not uncommon for the C&A members who are onboard the previous week(s) to manage to secure reservations prior to Suite Guests.  I’ve know Suite Guest who were unable to get a reservation in the CK. 

D+ and above are Cruise savvy. They know all the in/out’s that many Suites don’t know, and don’t have the experience. 

As long as Suite Guests have priority seating/dinning in the SL/CK, I have no issue who dines/sits/drink in the SL/CK. Personally, I would like them to limit the number of Pinnacle’s who have access on a daily basis. Royal seemed to move in that direction recently.  I’m not opposed to creating a Lounge and Dinning area for Pinnacles. If the want to add D+ to that area, fine with me. 

When Royal starts diluting the Suite Experience, those cruisers will go elsewhere.  We were cruising 4-7 times a year in a GS until our bad experience in SL/CK. We haven’t been back since and have found other places to enjoy our vacations. We are now booked on 3 future cruises (1 we will cancel) based on what Royal did on lasts President Cruise. 

Key - I personally have no objection to priority boarding as long as it’s not added to the Suites/Pinnacle Line.  The luggage drop off is a nice perk. Suites and Pinnacles don’t have that option. Wonder what Pinnacle’s will think with D+ getting that perk and not themselves? 

All these perks are available if one books a Full Suite and the Key. 

My opinion 

M8

We have had much better experiences sailing in suites on Anthem.  Never had an issue getting reservations for CK and though there are a bunch of Pinnacles that cruise Anthem regularly, the staff on Anthem does a great job at taking care of all guests and does not show the blatant bias towards Pinnacles as we saw on Oasis and Harmony.  

• Thanks 1

When I log into my account, it still shows the cruise RCI cancelled in May on my past cruises and also the points for this cruise. I expect their software is not up to date right now. I think it would be a nice perk to get to keep the points, but life does not often give us something for nothing. 

Just now, KansasK said:

When I log into my account, it still shows the cruise RCI cancelled in May on my past cruises and also the points for this cruise. I expect their software is not up to date right now. I think it would be a nice perk to get to keep the points, but life does not often give us something for nothing. 

My cancelled May cruise is also still listed as a past cruise and shows 7 points, though it should be 14 since we had booked a suite.  The points shown are not included in our points total though.  The total shown is the correct total through the last cruise I took in February.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My cancelled May cruise is also still listed as a past cruise and shows 7 points, though it should be 14 since we had booked a suite.  The points shown are not included in our points total though.  The total shown is the correct total through the last cruise I took in February.

Our cancelled May B2B on Adventure shows up in our past cruises, but no points.  It just has our reservation numbers listed.  I wonder why unless they're considering doing something for those that waited it out.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Good points. 

Not all Suite guests are frequent cruisers. As far as the CK goes, many cruises are not a problem. The lower fare winter rates attract a bunch of D+ and above. Many B2B+. Suites can’t make reservations until mid week the week prior (and this is not known by all nor published). Many Suite guest would like to make reservations once onboard or the day they would like to dine in the CK. It’s not uncommon for the C&A members who are onboard the previous week(s) to manage to secure reservations prior to Suite Guests.  I’ve know Suite Guest who were unable to get a reservation in the CK. 

D+ and above are Cruise savvy. They know all the in/out’s that many Suites don’t know, and don’t have the experience. 

As long as Suite Guests have priority seating/dinning in the SL/CK, I have no issue who dines/sits/drink in the SL/CK. Personally, I would like them to limit the number of Pinnacle’s who have access on a daily basis. Royal seemed to move in that direction recently.  I’m not opposed to creating a Lounge and Dinning area for Pinnacles. If the want to add D+ to that area, fine with me. 

When Royal starts diluting the Suite Experience, those cruisers will go elsewhere.  We were cruising 4-7 times a year in a GS until our bad experience in SL/CK. We haven’t been back since and have found other places to enjoy our vacations. We are now booked on 3 future cruises (1 we will cancel) based on what Royal did on lasts President Cruise. 

Royal’s big ships are family oriented. It’s not unusual to have kids in SL/CK. It’s disgusting at times watching all the nasty looks toward the kids. Remarks are not uncommon. 

Key - I personally have no objection to priority boarding as long as it’s not added to the Suites/Pinnacle Line.  The luggage drop off is a nice perk. Suites and Pinnacles don’t have that option. Wonder what Pinnacle’s will think with D+ getting that perk and not themselves? 

All these perks are available if one books a Full Suite and the Key. 

My opinion 

M8

Since all of the current loyalty benefits are additive, I would presume that any new perk that was made available at the 525+ level would also be available to Pinnacles. On our last cruise in mid-February, there were pinnacles that never seemed to leave the CL. We were in a CL suite, so I would walk over to the CL occasionally to get water or munchies, and the same Pinnacles were always there. We always make our dinner reservations prior to the cruise - usually ask the SL Concierge to make a standing CK reservation for the same time each evening - and then when we get on board and resonate around what we actually want to do for the week, we ask the CK host to cancel the reservations for the evenings we will eat elsewhere. I've been at the CK host desk a number of times when a Pinnacle comes up and finds out that the time they want to eat on a given night is not available - generally doesn't end well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We always make our dinner reservations prior to the cruise - usually ask the SL Concierge to make a standing CK reservation for the same time each evening - and then when we get on board and resonate around what we actually want to do for the week, we ask the CK host to cancel the reservations for the evenings we will eat elsewhere.

This is pretty much what we do. However, I have met a lot of Suite Guest who were unaware it was prudent to make reservations ahead of time and once onboard couldn’t get a reservation at all for the week and some who couldn’t get an early reservation time. The only reason I knew to make a reservation prior to boarding was info here on CC. 

I know most will oppose me on this, but it’s my opinion Suite Guest should have priority over others in SL/CK. I have no objections to P’s and even D+, if that’s what it takes, have their own exclusive area. 

Thanks

M8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My total points still shows our May cruise that was cancelled, and since they did not give you the double points for a suite, it is hard to tell whose account is more screwed up, yours or mine! In time this will get straightened out. I hope they don't mess it up further. 🙄

On 7/6/2020 at 12:50 AM, OHCruisinDad said:

The guest at last Wednesday's online TA coffee chat with Vicki Freed was Michael Goldner, VP of Revenue Management, who indicated that future bookings in 2021 are ahead of historical volumes.  He also stated that the large majority of future bookings were new initial bookings and not bookings with FCC's or Lift & Shifts.  He indicated that there are a lot of FCC's out there - enough to fill all 4 Oasis class ships for a year.  Based on the booking volumes it doesn't appear that cruisers are staying away from Royal.  It looks like the loyalty is still there.

Some folks are just bitter😉

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, orville99 said:

We do. However, you asked for my wish list for anyone with 525+ points, not what we currently enjoy.

Wine and gift list isn't different after 525. Get used to it😉

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have had much better experiences sailing in suites on Anthem.  Never had an issue getting reservations for CK and though there are a bunch of Pinnacles that cruise Anthem regularly, the staff on Anthem does a great job at taking care of all guests and does not show the blatant bias towards Pinnacles as we saw on Oasis and Harmony.  

10 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Anthem’s C.K. was really good.  Never really crowded.

Anthem was designed with a CK, Oasis is an afterthought 

Oasis has considerably more suites looking for a place to dine

There are far more Pins in Florida and the SE that pack the Oasis ships on a regular basis

That's just a start

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Trust me, a Pinnacle with 1200+ points gets the same wine (quantity and type) as a D+ with 525 gets.

Do they get the secret handshake at 525 or that doesn’t come until 700?   Does 525 get you access to the P FB site? 😇

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Do they get the secret handshake at 525 or that doesn’t come until 700?   Does 525 get you access to the P FB site? 😇

Truthfully,  the FB P site is a lot like the FB STAR site. The only site worse is the FB Diamond page run by the Aussies. 

All those sites are very cliquey 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Truthfully,  the FB P site is a lot like the FB STAR site. The only site worse is the FB Diamond page run by the Aussies. 

All those sites are very cliquey 

I was kicked out of the FB D/D+ site without any reason or explanation! I hadn’t even posted!!!   Probably because I’m not American.🤷‍♀️

So for me the Australian one is the only open door!  
They don’t seem to know the rules though. Giving incorrect advise about the number of points a solo gets in a suite which I though would be pretty basic knowledge esp if you’ve reached D level!!

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I was kicked out of the FB D/D+ site without any reason or explanation! I hadn’t even posted!!!   Probably because I’m not American.🤷‍♀️

They don’t seem to know the rules though. Giving incorrect advise about the number of points a solo gets in a suite which I though would be pretty basic knowledge esp if you’ve reached D level!!

I find some of those sites lean very much a certain way and it shows. 

M8

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Wine and gift list isn't different after 525. Get used to it😉

My point was that it would be a nice perk above 525 if they upgraded the wine choices available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

My point was that it would be a nice perk above 525 if they upgraded the wine choices available.

Ok, but they aren't doing anything now for over 700. So you want perks for over 525 that get some of the 700 perks and still want more. 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

My problem with the Australian one, is they don't mention that in the Title, and keep trying to recruit new members. And when they needed a new mod, chose another Oz person. No diversity ay the top

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ok, but they aren't doing anything now for over 700. So you want perks for over 525 that get some of the 700 perks and still want more. 🤣🤣

As I said before, anything that they would do for a lower tier (like 525+) would roll up to the higher tiers. However, your point is well taken. Why aren't there upgraded choices for Pinnacles? It would seem that would be an easy one for RCL to implement.

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Some folks are just bitter😉

I made  6 new bookings that I will eventually put FCCs on that I am holding to apply at a later date to these cruises.

This will screw the numbers. These will be 6 bookings not 12.  

4 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We find the Ravenswood Zindfindel to be quite good.

Not a big fan of Zins. Prefer something drier. Would love to see a Chianti or Valpolicella on the list, or even a decent Merlot.

• Haha 1